Flixible Syns, making them work

pammyd

Silver Member
OK, here I am, post weight in, 1.5lb loss, really motivated, nothing to stop me this week, going for it, when my OH announces that we are going for an "All you can eat" chinese Sat night with his family. :d'oh:. Now realistically I know that I will eat everything that is put infront of me, and, unfortunately I don't get much say in what is ordered as, for some bizarre reason we go these things and ALWAYS have the same as mum only likes this, brother only likes that and G0d forbid we should try anything different:sigh:, Fish, seafood, oooh no... No chance! So, am gonna do flexible syns, but also know myself that I will have a drink, am gonna swap wine for G&T (slimline of course) 3 of them. Anyway, my question, at last, is this, shall I save my HeB's for the meal to hopefully creat the best syn saving, does that make sense. Am planning on having an EE day, bacon, egg, mushrooms, tomatoes for breakfast. Fruit salad and yogurt for lunch. Thought I will have a banana before we go so that I am not famished. What do you suggest/think?

Sounds like a plan. You could always eat something Syn free but a bit more filling before you go, so you're almost too full to eat much if that makes sense? Like a big chicken salad or a Jacket Potato?

Hope you have a fab time x

Thanks for answers, not sure if I could eat something more filling before I go 'cos I'll still stuff myself and then feel ill. Lol :jelous:

you cant really save your Hexb choices and roll them over, you can with syns, but your Hex choices are intended to give you a required ammount of dairy and fibre so shouldnt be stocked up to use later, either save up syns or have a flexible syns day, problem is with buffets its very difficult to work out exactly what youve had.
just enjoy it and get back on plan the next day

Hi pammyd, first of all well done on the loss!! Secondly I want to say that I find chinese food is the least damaging syn-wise, because you can choose things like boiled rice instead of fried and have soups to start, instead of the deep fried snack type things. I'm not sure if saving your healthy extras would make much difference as I can't actually think of any healthy extra things from a chinese restaurant.. or do you mean you want to not have them at all?? Not having them at all would be a bad idea too tho, just stick to plan completely, save your syns and go enjoy the meal! Flexi syns all the way!! :) xxxx

you cant really save your Hexb choices and roll them over, you can with syns, but your Hex choices are intended to give you a required ammount of dairy and fibre so shouldnt be stocked up to use later, either save up syns or have a flexible syns day, problem is with buffets its very difficult to work out exactly what youve had.
just enjoy it and get back on plan the next day

I think OP was meaning to save that day's HEs for the meal out rather than save them from one day to the next ;)

My Chinese Buffet has a much un-used salad part. Complete with fish, prawns etc.

Why not stick to the EE theory and make sure 1/3 of your chinese plate is still superfree? Damage limitation?

You are going out to dinner, and you get no say in what you have to eat? Why not? It's your dinner!

Tell me about it, they will ask what I would like to order, but the way it works is, you get to pick 4 or 5 things of the menu and if you ask for, say; chicken and asparagus, they bring enough for the whole party. So you really have to choose something that the whole party likes. I've ordered before and all that happens is they all sit there poking whatever I've chosen saying, :yuk: how can you eat that - it was squid for goodness sake - not deep fried human brain!!, you get the picture. The are really nice people and would happily let me order a dish just for me, but in all honesty even I couldn't eat a dish meant for 6. ;) Think I may suggest the stir fry veg side dish though

I was thinking of using He B's as part of the meal, but as has been pointed out, probably wouldn't have them within the meal, so will change the banana to nana on toast before I go followed by a kellogs fibre + bar to get them in.

Back