Flopsters Management/Maintenance Journal

The promised update!

Well I survived Friday night dinner but only just. My mum took ill which left it to me to serve dinner and clear away as well. A tiny piece of chicken popped into my mouth but it could have been a lot lot lot worse.

I have done over 5 litres probably closer to 6 today.

I'm just going to have a savoury drink and then I'm going to retire to the safety of my bedroom and read a book.

Well done you. I have not submitted to eating yet but I am at the point now where I so badly want to eat or punch something and I feel like I am about to burst into tears.
Nobody understands and I just want to scream.
Oops sorry did not mean to take over your thread i'll get my coat

Well done you. I have not submitted to eating yet but I am at the point now where I so badly want to eat or punch something and I feel like I am about to burst into tears.
Nobody understands and I just want to scream.
Oops sorry did not mean to take over your thread i'll get my coat

Then why not do 790 for a while - it has virtually the same loss but is a compromise? It is the one aspect of CD I really wish LL did - that or AAM. Had LL done the 790 plan that is beyond any shadow of a doubt how I would have continued because I have completely hit that point of no return with the food packs too.

It would be such a shame to lose the plot so to speak and if that means going onto a slightly higher plan but still within the guidelines of a VLCD then surely that is the best way to go?

You're not hijacking my thread at all, I understand 100% where you are coming from, after all you, me and Helen all started at the same time and we are all experiencing similar feelings. Maybe enough is enough?

I have found the last few weeks incredibly tough, the worst thing you (and I) can do is lose the plot at this stage, which is why I have gone into Management now and not waited the extra few weeks as I had said I would do. I was beginning to lose it and that is the worst thing that can happen.

Even now tonight my chatterbox is giving me jip, but, I am determined to get back into ketosis so I can do management properly.

It is so hard, I really feel for you and completely understand how you are feeling.

Maybe now is the time to have a long hot soak and a bit of pampering.

OK i can survive just am gonna watch a funny film with hubby and have my caramel bar and a cup of tea (with skimmed milk) naughty but neccesary to save me from insanity.
I was sailing through this diet why has it suddenly become so hard

We must have been posted at the same time. I was doing great until two weeks ago as well - I dunno maybe this diet has a life span and we have hit it or maybe it is psychological.

Enjoy the film with your hubby.

Am guessing its psycholigical.
My need to do the drastic diet has passed now I have shifted a bulk of weight and am getting compliments.
Think i need something slower

That is exactly the conclusion I came too and for exactly those reasons.

There is a huge difference between NEEDING and WANTING to lose the weight and LIKING to lose it.

I think you need the hunger for success more than the hunger for food - when you are showing such brilliant results you do lose the hunger for immediate success.

That is what I've figured anyway!

Flopster have you thought about just continuing going and getting weighed and attending management meetings as and when you need to? After all, it doesn't cost anything :D

That's one of the reasons why I decided to stick with LL rather than swapping to CD. At my last meeting there was a lady there who had been managing her weight for just over 18 months. She still comes to be weighed and attends the counselling when she feels like it and best of all, she doesn't have to buy the packs if she doesn't need to so there is no cost to do this.

I think officially you get this for up to a year after you complete the route to management although my LLC has said she would never turn anyone away unless the group size became unmanagable.

I think I will continue to attend management meetings and then cut down the frequency of my attendance.

hmmm you girls are interesting and are giving me lots to think about regarding this management lark!! :)
I have just signed up to eDiets for when i get to the end of SSing and go into losing the last bit and maintainging.
It gives great recipes ideas which is great for a boring chef like me. It's basically CD 1500 but incorporates exercise into your weekly plan etc.

Glad things are good F and that you survived dinner. How does the LL management work? Can you eat now? Not sure how it works - sorry to sound so thick!!

Flopster have you thought about just continuing going and getting weighed and attending management meetings as and when you need to? After all, it doesn't cost anything :D

It is a 40 mile round trip which I hate, I nearly had a nervous breakdown on the motorway the other night because it was so windy and rainy and it is through Lancashire countryside as well. Also what I spend in petrol I may as well spend on a WW meeting!

I think I need to get that far and take my decision from there but it isn't like popping round the corner it is 45 minutes each way!

I have just signed up to eDiets for when i get to the end of SSing and go into losing the last bit and maintainging.

Glad things are good F and that you survived dinner. How does the LL management work? Can you eat now? Not sure how it works - sorry to sound so thick!!

I've thought about signing up to ediets for the recipies as well!

LL Management is one of the reasons that I am doing LL rather than CD.

They reintroduce food to you very very slowly (hence needing to be completely in ketosis before I enter it). They start with chicken, fish quorn and tofu for three days and then after three days you can add some very plain salad leaves and things like balsamic vinegar and lemon juice to make dressings.

Each week you introduce a little bit more - week 2 introduces a few more vegetables and so on.

Week 3 increases the meat that you can have to include a bit of lean red meats, then one week fruit is reintroduced back.

Once you hit week 8 you have "trigger" weeks - so you can have one week where bread is reintroduced, or a week of having pasta and rice, and then a week where chocolate in introduced. It is for that week only and it is because you are able to see what reaction your body has to the triggers and whether a food group triggers additional hunger or cravings so it is very very controlled.

All the time you are introducing these foods you are doing it within the framework of the programme and the group support.

I rode a bike!

We took the girls to the park today to see once again if we can teach them to learn to ride their bikes. They are getting better but not brilliant!

I had a bit of a ride on my daughters bike though - something I literally haven't done since a kid. I was a bit wobbly but I managed it. A real achievement.

We are going to hire bikes when we go to centre parcs in a couple of weeks (weather permitting).

I have been STARVING today - the ketostix showed pink very first wee this morning but not this afternoon so I think that was a bit of wishful thinking on my behalf.

I am going to have a savoury drink in a minute to see if that helps and in half an hour I can have a shake.

I have told the kids they can have a chinese takeaway tonight - I will be heading up to the bath with a book I think.

So glad i read your diary before i did anything silly. Struggling at the moment. Am sat here with a savoury drink wishing it wasa chicken kebab!!!
Going to watch x factor now and chilll out. Anything to take my mind off food!!!!

So glad i read your diary before i did anything silly. Struggling at the moment. Am sat here with a savoury drink wishing it wasa chicken kebab!!!
Going to watch x factor now and chilll out. Anything to take my mind off food!!!!

Yup me too! My hubby has just got a chinese takeaway for the kids and himself and I was going to go for a bath but don't want to miss the x-factor so am sat here with a hot chocolate shake instead feeling sorry for myself.

I love chinese - it is my favourite food.

I have survived and havent eaten any food but i have face like a slapped bum!! Not a happy bunny. ;)

I am trying to think positive and think about the fat melting away. I love chinese too. It's on my list of foods to have!! :)

Keep going hun!!

Thanks hun, I am feeling OK, not exactly thrilled and delighted but OK - I have just done a ketostix and I am now in the pink - not massively but definately getting there. If I am still pink later and can maintain it tomorrow then I will start on Management on Monday, if not then I will start on Tuesday. That is what is spurring me on right now - knowing that I am going to start the next stage of the journey if I STAY STRONG AND FOCUSSED (whichI just keep repeating over and over "stay strong and foussed, stay strong and focussed").

I am going for a bath now and a read of my new sad book that has had me bawling my eyes out at all day.

Well done to you for surviving another day (and surviving is the operative word here lol).

Have a read of my diary thread - you've got a holiday buddy. :D

Back