Flopsters Management/Maintenance Journal

Hiya Flops, I think you did great, as I have said before, Life is Life and we deal with it the best we can, as long as you dont think, oh s*d it I can eat a full box of chocks or a massive bag of crisps as I just ate something then thats just fine and dandy!

I must admit, staying in control has never been my strong point with food and Im not sure I could have stopped at a few crisps so good on ya, I hope I am that strong soon x

Well the two fun size Mars bars were eaten at home :( I am going to go to bed soon because crooked thinking is taken over and I keep thinking - now that I have blown it maybe I can order a chinese takeaway in! I'm not going to but I definately think the safest place for me is bed where I can't do any more damage.

I was very careful at the party to make sure that the crisps were taken one at a time, and when I found myself with three in my hand at one point, I put two on the table and went back for them.

I have a couple of rules that I try very hard to live by at the moment:-

1) Don't open anything - so I won't open a pack of crisps but if there is a pack open then I will allow myself a couple if I really want them.

2) Just take one at a time.

This really is a huge learning experience, the rest of my life scares me, I just hope tomorrow I can manage my food properly without doing to much more damage.

Hi Flopster,

You are still taking your packs along with the food?

I would not force the food as it will come and you want to hand on to that full feel trigger and keep it working now that it is back...you don't want to over ride it.

Is the CD your listening to from LL the same thing from the start or are you now on another phase of CBT?

Love Mini xxx

Well I have only had one pack so far today, I plan on getting another one in shortly but am struggling because I feel so bloated. I should be on three packs a day. I may however have a day of pure SS on Monday to help me get that balance back.

The CD is more of the same, it is now about affermations and building up your confidence to make sensible choices and visualisations. They really are excellent.

I am over full and it isn't a nice feeling, my stomach feels completely stretched. I think the best place for me now is bed to sleep it off.

Flopster you're a star :D

It does take a heck of a lot to find out what your new limits are and with all of this diet, it is a matter of practice because it will become second nature most of the time eventually ;)

I promise it has been getting easier for me so I hope you will follow a similar path. It seems to be a matter of confidence as far as I can work out. I wasn't as heavy as I thought I might be this morning and am surprised at this but then I don't know my new body well enough yet to be able to predict, it will come though :)

I have a fireworks party tonight. I am going to have BBQ food but only if I can have some salad too and I will be taking what I want to eat so some lean real meat and a sweet potato to go in the oven. I am also going to have to make the biggest effort in the world to stay away from the dips n chips because this is one of my biggest downfalls :rolleyes:

If I had been closer to my bottom end weight then I would have kicked back and relaxed about the food a bit more. I won't be having alcohol because it would weaken my resolve.

I am trying to look at tonight as being additional food I wouldn't normally have had because we would normally have eaten dinner by then and not only that I don't think we'll be there too long because my 4 year old has school the next day. I have my fingers crossed that tonight goes well so that I don't have that many adjustments to make over the next couple of days for the choices I make tonight :)

Flopster you're a star :D

It does take a heck of a lot to find out what your new limits are and with all of this diet, it is a matter of practice because it will become second nature most of the time eventually ;)

I promise it has been getting easier for me so I hope you will follow a similar path. It seems to be a matter of confidence as far as I can work out. I wasn't as heavy as I thought I might be this morning and am surprised at this but then I don't know my new body well enough yet to be able to predict, it will come though :)

I have a fireworks party tonight. I am going to have BBQ food but only if I can have some salad too and I will be taking what I want to eat so some lean real meat and a sweet potato to go in the oven. I am also going to have to make the biggest effort in the world to stay away from the dips n chips because this is one of my biggest downfalls :rolleyes:

If I had been closer to my bottom end weight then I would have kicked back and relaxed about the food a bit more. I won't be having alcohol because it would weaken my resolve.

I am trying to look at tonight as being additional food I wouldn't normally have had because we would normally have eaten dinner by then and not only that I don't think we'll be there too long because my 4 year old has school the next day. I have my fingers crossed that tonight goes well so that I don't have that many adjustments to make over the next couple of days for the choices I make tonight :)

Hi Chicken

Thanks for the compliments but I'm not feeling much like a star really after last night but today thus far has been a good'un!

I really hope you enjoy the party tonight and will read with interest how you survived the party and food.

Really well done!! You managed a tough social event without completely going to pot and that is something to be proud of. You have also picked yourself up and followed it by a good day. Your following the 80/20 rule brilliantly. :)

It is a huge learning curve but you are getting there. You can already stop yourself completely piggin out - which believe me is a huge achievement!!! :)

You are also still losing weight - what a fantastic thing. You will get to 10 1/2 stone and maintain it. There is no need to be scared of the rest of your life. You just have to keep up these good habits.

My husband - who i now call Mr Diet guru ;) Keeps giving me little words of wisdom every now and then. I am starting 790 today because of CP and was worried about the weight loss. He said to me to just do the diet and let that take care of itself. If we are following the plan then we can relax in the knowledge that the weight will come off. It's only when we dont follow the plan we need to stress. SO for an easy life we need to do whatever plan we are on to the letter!!! Hope that made sense it did to me anyway!!

Flops, Please do not start your car until it is sorted, it will put petrol through the engine and more work will have to be done to it.

Great Idea for the course, in my suitcase upstairs I currently have 10 tetras and 5 peanut bars!!!!

Have a great time in CP, say hello to hellen for me x

That's some major willpower there Flopster!! :cool:

Why thank you ma'am!

It doesn't feel like willpower, it feels uncomfortably full - even now!

I'm really going to have to learn not to pick after I have finished eating, that is going to be a heck of a lesson.

One of the Paul McKenna principles that I struggled with cos I didn't maintain my focus. You will get there.

I have recently dug out my PMcK stuff again and fully intend to start using it and listening to the CDs - right now my LL CDs are playing in the car but I know he works, it did for me before.

Back