flora cuisine has anyone cooked with it yet?

jem3139

Silver Member
has anyone tried the new flora cuisine liquid i have calculated it at 1 pt per teaspoon so it's the same as oil?

We use it for stuff you'd normally fry in butter and its actually pretty good. :) BF does the eggy crumpets in it for weekend brekkie. x

It's great for cooking, just don't substitute it for oil in baking. My cakes were like pancakes.

thanks

thank you both I have a bottle here just unsure how to use it but will try your ideas many thanks again

I'm not sure what the point of it is. I just saw it on offer on Ocado but why not just use oil :confused: . The ingredients are:

Vegetable Oils (Sunflower Seed Oil, Rapeseed Oil, Linseed Oil), Water, Salt (0.9%), Emulsifiers (Soy Bean Lecithin, Polysorbate 60), Soy Protein, Stabilisers (Guar and Xanthan Gums), Colour (Beta-Carotene), Preservative (Potassium Sorbate), Citric Acid, Flavourings, Vitamins (A, D).

I'm not sure how that makes it healthier than the cold pressed rapeseed oil I normally use which is the same points for a teaspoon.

thanks

thank for all your comments I have some and wanted to know what ev1 else uses it for . x

I'm not sure what the point of it is. I just saw it on offer on Ocado but why not just use oil :confused: . The ingredients are:

Vegetable Oils (Sunflower Seed Oil, Rapeseed Oil, Linseed Oil), Water, Salt (0.9%), Emulsifiers (Soy Bean Lecithin, Polysorbate 60), Soy Protein, Stabilisers (Guar and Xanthan Gums), Colour (Beta-Carotene), Preservative (Potassium Sorbate), Citric Acid, Flavourings, Vitamins (A, D).

I'm not sure how that makes it healthier than the cold pressed rapeseed oil I normally use which is the same points for a teaspoon.

Its just a healthier option so really instead of oil...

If you look at the ingredients its not really that healthy at all... thats frightening! stabilisers, preservatives, salt! If its not considerably better than oil points wise you are far better going for the oil... oil is natural and very good for you in small quantities! x

thanks Hanata I will bare that in mind prefer to use natural ingreds as much as poss x

It's a lower calorie alternative, but isn't exactly 'healthy'. Fats from olive oil are good for you in small quantities, so I would just continue using your natural ingredients. A lot of 'healthy' or low fat alternatives are actually not very good for you at all. For instance WW ready meals may only have X amount of calories/points/syns compared to the normal versions on the foods, but they are PACKED with salt and other nasties and I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. Lot's of brands play on peoples naivety with things like this, but you just need to keep a head about you and you'll be fine :)

thanks Happyhealthy, I totally agree with you on ready meals etc I wouldnt buy them either , dont trust whats in them. I always make fresh at home with as little or no oil as poss thats why I thought flora cuisine might have been better but BOY was I wrong.x

Let's try to convince them that olive oil is unhealthy - these companies are just creating a problem that doesn't exist to get us to spend money. Like when they invented formula milk and marketed it as better than breast.

I am guilty of eating ready meals a couple of times a week but only because I like to have a couple of nights not cooking, though we always have veg with them. But I certainly don't think they will be better for me.

Yeah, it's like Flora lighter than light butter - it's third main ingredient is pork gelatin (so basically crushed pig bone and collegen) Stuff like that surly isn't good for you! I'm a great believer in eat well, feel well - so even if you are having a small amount of the higher calorie olive oil, you would feel as rubbish as you would of if you used flora lighter than light with its piggy slime surprise.

thanks

thanks for that happy I really must be more careful when I'm buying and read the labels more I didnt know that about the flora although I don't use it anyway but it just goes to show we dont know what we are eating. x

Back