Flora London Marathon 2009

carrot_tit

Gold Member
Just in case anyone has a burning desire to do anything extreme next year, the ballot has open for people to register their interest in taking part in the 2009 FLM. I will be run/walking it and i'm no Paula Radcliffe!!! I've spoken to a lot of the first timers who have completed this years and they say it's a life changing experience!

I'm also lucky enough to have a place in this year's Great North Run, well as long as i raise the minimum £350 sponsership anyway!

My friend did it this year for the first time. This time last year she was overweight and could barely run a mile. she's lost 4 stone following slimming world and ran the marathon without struggling too much and made a very good time. She loved it so much she's doing the Berlin Marathon in September too.

I would advise anyone thinking about doing it for the first time to join a running club. My friend did this and not only did it keep her motivated with the training, but they offered invaluable advice and support all the way along.

I've signed up for a 10k in october, if that goes well who knows if i'll be joining my marathon mate!

Mindless!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :giggle:

Back