flora sunflower oil spray

Juliewoo

Hi,

I bougfht this instead of frylight, thought it was the same sort of thing. it is....

Flora Sunflower Oil Cooking Spray 7.5ml serving

extraeasy.gif
2 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 2 Syns
green.gif
Green 2 Syns

but this is for 7.5ml which is quite a LOT!!

Do you think i can count this as syn free is I just have a tiny spray?

It's so much easier to use that that bloody pump on the fry light!!!

Help!!

xxxxx

The easiest way is to work out how many sprays is 7.5 mL. Then work it out from there.

I don't think you can call it syn free, but it's probably negligible syns unless you use loads every day...

I am not sure I would syn it - how do you measure 7.5ml anyway? I know if you look on the SW website at Fry Light they say 1 spray is free, what happens if you spray 20 times though?? Do you have a Fry Light in the cupboard as well? If you do then I would compare the nutritional values of each & see how much they differ - if you figure it out though please let me know because I have looked at the Flora one a few times now & put it back!

I would syn it - 7.5ml is only 1.5 teaspoons so not a lot -if you were pouring it (even sparingly) like olive oil you'd use a lot more than that.

Frylight used to be synned 1 syn per 10 sprays but it's all free now even if you use half a bottle.

If somethings has got syns and you're choosing not to count them then you're not sticking to the plan.

I asked my consultant about this one last night - she said that basically as long as the spray is less than 2 calories PER SPRAY it can be classed as free - hope that helps clear things up

Back