Florries Food Diary

Bean76

Hi everyone. I did slimming world in the past and didn't do too well, and I'm going down the exact same path this time. I lose 2lb, put 1lb one, stay the same, then give up. As it works for so many people I know it must be me so I'm keeping a diary in the hope that I can see what's going wrong, and that hopefully someone else can point it out too.
My initial thought is that following EE isn't for me. Too many carbs just stick straight onto my hips and I think EE is just too generous with the bread and pasta, so I'm trying to get my head around red and green days. There doesn't seem to be much info around the original plan tho. I'm doing this online rather than in a group so I guess this is the place I'll be looking at for advice

27/10/10 Red Day

Breakfast
2 alpen light bars (1HEXb)

Lunch
2 rivitas topped with prawns in LF fromage frais and mixed herbs (2HEXb)

Dinner
Chicken salad
Vanilla Muller light

Snacks
Half packet of cooked chicken
1 pear
250ml Semi skimmed milk (1HEXa)
2 Ryvita Crunch 3 syns each

Syns

Flo xx

Last edited:
I lost one pound this week, but that was just one day of red days so I hope it picks up again now that I'm restricted the carbs. I certainly feel better for it already, and less bloaty.
Having said that, I'm hormonal and am currently scoffing a very large bar of dairy milk :eek:
It can't be helped, I neeeeeeed it! And after this I'll be right back on it

28/10/10 Red Day (???)

Breakfast
Weetabix x2 with ss milk and splenda

Lunch
140g Dairy milk!!!

Dinner
Beef casserole

Syns
36!!! :break_diet:

Last edited:
Woooohoooo I see my BMI is just nudging into the healthy range now :clap:

God!! I was so cocky when I was scoffing the chocolate...I wanted it, deserved it and was gonna have it regardless, and now I feel sick and so guilty!! I knew this would happen, why do I do it?! I even ate it quickly so that I could get it down me before the guilt set in!! What's that all about?!!

Wooooooaaaahhh!! The diet has been on a total slide the last few days. I think it because I've been at work, I work shifts, and I've not been organised and had nice food to take with me. So I've been heading off to the canteen for breakfast then giving up for the rest of the day and reaching for chocolates etc.
Thanks goodness, due to the NHS cutbacks, the staff canteen will no longer be open at the weekends anymore. Sod the staff eh?! But maybe its better for my diet that I can't go there anymore

01/11/10 Red Day

Breakfast
2 Alpen Light bars (1HEXb)

Lunch
Bacon, mushrooms and fried egg cooked in fry light
Apple

Dinner
Chicken stuffed with 24g cheese (2HEXa) wrapped in bacon
onions
broccoli

Snacks
grapes
2 ryvita fruit crunch (2HEXb)
Cooked chicken pieces
250ml SS Milk (1HEXa)

Syns

Last edited:
I weighed myself yesterday after my weekend blow out and I'd put on 4lb. Today I've lost a pound of that. Its so stupid that I spend the rest of the week trying to lose the weight I put on after being a pig and constantly playing catch up. I must remember this feeling next time I decide to 'treat' myself to a couple of days off plan. If I hadn't done that I'd probably be nearly at target now!

02/11/10 Red day. Day 2 @ 100%
Breakfast
Weetabix x 2 (1HEXb), ss milk, splenda

Lunch
Bacon, egg, tinned tomatoes

Dinner
Chicken, peas (2 syns) and tinned tomatoes :)yuk:must go shopping )
Toffee muller light

Snacks
250mls ss milk (1HEXa)
Ryvita crunch x 2 (2HEXb)
Cadburys highlights (2 syns)

Syns

Last edited:
I'm so bored of what I'm eating on these red days. I really need new recipes, especially for lunch and dinners

God I'm so angry!! My OH just rang and I asked him if he minded me getting a few things I'd seen for our daughter for Xmas. He works away from home Monday to Friday so I don't get to chat much about these things other than on the phone, but at the same time I didn't want to just go ahead and get them in case he felt left out.
Anyway, he was in a mood after having a bad day and I've listened to him about that during the day when he's rung, but then when I asked him about the toys he said he'd look tomorrow because he wasn't in the mood now. I told him if he was in agreement I'd like to get them asap really, then he goes and bites my head off that I should just go and do it, that I always do what I want any way and that I was being selfish when he's had a bad day to want him to listen to me going on about toys
I get that I could've waited to discuss it with him, but how was I to know he was still irritable? And I don't think I deserve to have my head bitten off and the phone put down on me.

He's just called back to apologise and I've let it go. I'm still angry though :mad:

03/11/10 day 3 @ 100% Red day

Breakfast
2 Weetabix (1HEXb), ss milk, splenda

Lunch
Ham salad sandwich on wholemeal bread (2HEXb), no marg
Muller light
Apple

Dinner
Lamb steak, broccoli and gravy made with bovril
Grapes

Snacks
250mls ss milk (1HEXa)
Wicked pig hog roast (4.5 syns, total waste of syns, I thought they were free :doh:)
Piece of cheese (2HEXa)
Curly wurly (6syns)

Syns

Last edited:
I put one pound on, that same pound has been on again of again for weeks now. Just goes to show, you can go off plan one or two days and get away with it, but I just totally pushed it and paid with a gain.

04/11/10 Day 4 @ 100% Red Day

Breakfast
2 Alpen light bars (1HEXb)

Lunch
Ham salad sandwich (2HEXb)

Dinner
Ham and cheese salad (1HEXa)
Muller light

Snacks
Curly wurly (6 syns)
Milk (2HEXa)

Syns

Last edited:
I'm pleased I've eaten well today. Its been a very bad day for me and normally I'd have either binged for comfort, or starved to hurt the person who hurt me. But I've been kind to my body today

Flo xx

05/11/10 day 5 100% Red day

Breakfast
2 weetabix (1HEXb)
SS milk
Splenda

Lunch
Ham salad sandwich (2HEXb)

Tea
Chicken salad with cheese (1HEXa)

Snacks
SS milk (2HEXa)
3 cadburys roses (7.5 syns)

Syns

Last edited:
Not bad for me, 5 days at 100% on plan.
Saturday and today however have NOT been 100%. Yesterday Chinese takeaway, today Pizza, neither of which I plan on looking up the syns values, however, apart from those I stuck to plan for the rest of the days which is unlike me. Normally I'd have decided I'd ruined it all and would've stuffed myself silly. But I've enjoyed those treats, stopped when I was full and moved on.
Back to 100% tomorrow and for the rest of the week. I really need to see a loss this Thursday

08/11/10 Day 1 @ 100% Red Day

Breakfast
Alpen light bar
Wholemeal toast and flora light (1HEXb)(1syn)

Lunch
Ham salad sandwich on wholemeal bread (2HEXb)
Satsuma

Tea
Gammon, eggs fried in fry light, mushrooms

Snacks
250ml ss milk (1HEXa)
Curly wurly x 2(12syns)
Apple
Toffee muller light

Syns
13 syns

Last edited:
I've eaten so much today and feel a bit bloaty. Though I've stuck to plan 100% I feel guiltily full. I can't possible be losing weight

09/11/10 Day 2 @ 100% Red Day

Breakfast
2 Weetabix (1HEXb)

Lunch
2 wholemeal toast with syn free chicken liver pate (2HEXb)
Piece of cheese (2HEXa)
Muller light

Tea
Ham salad

Snacks
250mls ss milk (1HEXa)
2 Apples
2 satsumas
Banana
2 Ryvita fruit crunch (6 syns)

Syns

Last edited:
10/11/10 Day 3 @ 100% Red Day

Breakfast
2 Alpen Lights bars (1HEXb)

Lunch
Syn free pate on toast (2HEXb)
Grapes
Satsuma

Tea
Pork stir fry

Snacks
2 Ryvita Fruit Crunch (6 syns)
250ml SS milk (1HEXa)

Syns

Last edited:
Lost 2lbs this week! Yay! I'm going to reward myself with a green day, rather than a large pizza and a big bag of sweets :p
I miss big bowls of pasta on these red days, but it seems to be working for me so apart from today I'll be sticking to them

11/11/10 day 4 @ 100% Green Day

Breakfast
2 slices wholemeal toast (1HEXb) with flora light (1 syn)
Muller light

Lunch
Mugshot
2 Ryvita Crunch (6syns)
Satsuma
Apple

Tea[/U
WW chicken and lemon risotto (6 syns)
Asparagus
Cherry and chocolate muller light (2syns)

Snacks
Mugshot
SS milk 250mls (1HEXa)
Mint chocolate Options (2syns)

Syns
17 (more than I'd like but oh well!)

Oh no!! I just had a cherry and chocolate muller light thinking it was free, now I know its not, so now I've had to edit to make up to 17 syns!! :doh:
It was delish tho!

Last edited:
Hi Flo!!! Im the same as you! i seem to eat so so so much on the Green days and gain (even thouh im sticking to it!!) so im doing original! I already feel better for it having done just a day! LOL woke up with a flatter tummy!! and was actually surprisingly full considering i really hadnt eaten a lot!!! XX

I think we must be a bit sensitive to loads of carbs Leanne. I know I am... if I have pasta, no matter how healthy, I blow up and retain water..and then fat seemingly :rolleyes:

Back