Fluttery Feeling in Chest - anyone ever have this?

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Seraphine, 28 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Seraphine

Seraphine Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.18%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    A few days ago when I had fallen off the wagon, I noticed a real fluttery feeling in my chest. I've had it before, but only when I'm eating a lot of junk. I never notice it when I'm low-carbing.

Does anyone else ever have this? Am I about to drop dead from a heart attack, or is it some gastic thing? (I've got no blood pressure or heart issues)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
    hey hon - could be your heart racing from the sugar ? even if you didnt have sugar the carbs will produce it. I get that feeling but when not fallen off wagon but thats why i got tablets to stop my heart racing.

4. Beth3107

Beth3107 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.13%)
    Diet:
    Atkins/low carb
    Have u had any more caffeine than usual? When I was pregnant I gave up caffeine completely. After issy was born I started drink tea, coffee , coke, redbull etc again .

Anyways I started getting the occasional feeling of my heart racing for no reason.

Anywayyyyssss.... Went to doctor and He said it was the caffeine as my body wasn't used to it Anymore.

Now I just have one cuppa and caffeine free coffee/ diet coke .

Might not be but just incase xx

5. Seraphine

Seraphine Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.18%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Maybe it was from the sugar. I tend to drink a lot of diet coke so it's probably not caffeine. It didn't feel like my heart racing so much as a distinct fluttering above it - it was just weird.

I'll take my pulse next time it happens to see if it's really my heart racing. Just hopefully it won't happen (I'd rather not see a doctor about it as I feel like I'm going to get into a fight over how I eat - they are usually thrilled to see you've lost weight, but say the word "Atkins" and they all get uptight)

6. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Yes, I get it when I drink caffeine now. :)

7. ladyfelsham

ladyfelsham Clean green leafy machine

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    22st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(5.95%)
    Diet:
    LCHF
    Me too - was a major diet coke drinker but stopped altogether in August. Today, had about a third of a small bottle and I can feel the old heart fluttering away. Getting loads of water down me now to combat it...

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.