Fly lady - Honk if you flew today!

Nettee

Silver Member
I find myself very motivated by the Honk if you were 100% today thread on the Slimming World part of the forum and thought it might be good to do the same with fly lady. I have been fluttering for well over a year but could really do with a bit more motivation.

I thought it might be good to set myself a daily flying target and honk if I acheive it each day. I know this does smack a bit of perfectionism so maybe it should be at least 4 out of the following 7 tasks deserves a honk:

swish and swipe
do a complete load of laundry
Declutter for 15 minutes or 27 fling boogie
Daily mission
Clear a hot spot
shine the sink and put on the dishwasher
Daily focus task

Or perhaps a :) for 4 or 5 and a :D for 6 or 7

would love anyone to join me

Hi -- subscribed. I'm not at home, but when I get back I'll try to Fly again!

Count me in too-cant say I exactly flew today but I did flap my wings a bit LOL

Just so I'm clear hat I'm signing up to-are we setting our own daily goals/tasks/routines or are we following yours ?

I think best to set your own - maybe explain them first time?

Honk :) - a reasonable start and much better than I have done for ages

swish and swipe
Declutter for 15 minutes or 27 fling boogie/clear a hot spot
Daily mission/focus task
shine the sink and put on the dishes away
Empty all bins

I have used yours but tweaked them a bit-hope you dont mind !!
I have combined a couple to make things a bit easier for myself tho some days I may count them as 2 jobs if you see what I mean. I'm just getting over depression and whilst I relaly want to get on top of things I dont want to push myself too hard which will be detrimental.

Look forward to getting started tomorrow

Honk :D - Hooray, getting more focused

Honk quietly !! Flapped my wings but didnt achieve take off LOL
(in no particular order)

One load of laundry (towels) done and dried tho not put away

Bins emptied

Sink bleached

washing up done but not put away

cleared 2 hotspots.

Swished and swipped

Not too bad especially when you consider that friday is my day to do my elderly dad's cleaning and I also fitted in a trip out to hobbycraft with the kids.

No daily mission today and Saturday's focus is family fun day - definately think that doing something fun should count ;)

mommyB said:
Honk quietly !! Flapped my wings but didnt achieve take off LOL
(in no particular order)

One load of laundry (towels) done and dried tho not put away

Bins emptied

Sink bleached

washing up done but not put away

cleared 2 hotspots.

Swished and swipped

Not too bad especially when you consider that friday is my day to do my elderly dad's cleaning and I also fitted in a trip out to hobbycraft with the kids.

I think you did well... She says "baby steps"!

Nettee said:
No daily mission today and Saturday's focus is family fun day - definately think that doing something fun should count ;)

Enjoy!!

Plans for today.

Swish and swipe
wash dishes and put away
some of the ironing putting away baglog
I have some 'work' to do-orders to fill
tidy the lounge

We are picking up our new car later and having tea at in laws so that will be our family fun for today !!

mommyB said:
Plans for today.

Swish and swipe
wash dishes and put away
some of the ironing putting away baglog
I have some 'work' to do-orders to fill
tidy the lounge

We are picking up our new car later and having tea at in laws so that will be our family fun for today !!

Yay!!! New Car Day!!!

Oooo a honk :D

How's the car? Did you do a road trip? I hope it has A/C.

glad the car is good. Yes Sunday is a day of rest. I had to straighten the house for guests this afternoon so can award my self a mini honk for today :). Away for the next four days so hope I can remotivate myself on my return.

Nettee said:
glad the car is good. Yes Sunday is a day of rest. I had to straighten the house for guests this afternoon so can award my self a mini honk for today :). Away for the next four days so hope I can remotivate myself on my return.

I hope you enjoy your break.

Nettee said:
I find myself very motivated by the Honk if you were 100% today thread on the Slimming World part of the forum and thought it might be good to do the same with fly lady. I have been fluttering for well over a year but could really do with a bit more motivation.

I thought it might be good to set myself a daily flying target and honk if I acheive it each day. I know this does smack a bit of perfectionism so maybe it should be at least 4 out of the following 7 tasks deserves a honk:

swish and swipe
Declutter for 15 minutes or 27 fling boogie
Daily mission
Clear a hot spot
shine the sink and put on the dishwasher
Daily focus task

Or perhaps a :) for 4 or 5 and a :D for 6 or 7

would love anyone to join me

Can I join? I now have a 4 month old baby and find it hard to motivate myself to tidy the house as much as I should, so hopefully this will kick me up the backside!

Not sure I understand all your wording though, What's a hot spot?

Here are my daily goals:

Load of laundry
Dishwasher load
Empty bins
Swish and swipe the kitchen
Declutter the living room

Maybe having to honk each day I do them will kick me into gear! Xx

Back