food added please comment - thank you

Aaleigha

soon to be mother of the bride
I will be starting xenical on monday - my doc gave me a script on monday (did not weigh me) and I was unsure whether to fill it or not
I have today and will start Monday
I will use the xenical alongside doing slimming world green days ( I am a veggie)

I have read every post in the xenical session
but would love some help and support
I plan to put my food in here daily to get the help and support of those who have used xenical for some time - might get my diary moved from members section - dont know yet as I would like to decide if to stay on the meds or not before deciding to move diary

one question before I even start
what is the average weekly weight loss for those of you who use it - TIA

H xx

Good luck with starting the tablets and just follow the rules that I am sure you have read on here and everything will be fine. As for average weight loss, people are so different that I don't think you can calculate that. Certainly, as with the start of any diet, weight loss is more in the first 1-2 weeks but if you have already been losing weight this may not apply to you so don't be disheartened if it doesn't! Posting a food diary is a great idea and the tablets are really there to help keep you on the straight and narrow and not go over the fat amounts. Hope all goes well for you, keep posting, I'm sure you know how supportive people here are.

KB x

good luck for starting the diet tomorrow, Im sure you'll do fab xx

Good luck for tomorrow :) I'm currently losing about 1 lb a week ( only been back on tabs for 3 weeks though) My dairy is in the members section , and I always post my food diary if you want to have a wee look through it there :)
xx

Thank you so much ladies
I will be off to hunt down food diaries
I do have a diary in the members section too:)

well I have been shopping and filled the trolley with much fruit and veg and spent so much time looking at labels - think DH thinks I have totally lost it this time :):)

I am looking forward to starting tomorrow :)

I'm starting xenical tomorrow too!
I hope it goes well for you! :)

~zee :whistle:

Oh and you
when you have posted more I can send you a pm - maybe as we are starting together we can keep each other company on this journey :):)
along with everyone else of course

Hi Aaleigha!

I seem to be about 1-2lbs a week. I only do a 35-40 min walk (5-7 days a week) and I calorie count. I imagine if I upped my game, I'd lose a bit more.

Saying that, I'm not in any rush to lose the weight - I mean I want it gone, but just for my own health etc and I've convinced myself (rightly or wrongly) that if I'm doing it slow and steady I won't have to worry (so much) about the loose skin thing at the end (bearing in mind I started at nearly 300lbs). The only thing I intend having surgery on is my boobs :)

Hi Aaleigha!

I seem to be about 1-2lbs a week. I only do a 35-40 min walk (5-7 days a week) and I calorie count. I imagine if I upped my game, I'd lose a bit more.

Saying that, I'm not in any rush to lose the weight - I mean I want it gone, but just for my own health etc and I've convinced myself (rightly or wrongly) that if I'm doing it slow and steady I won't have to worry (so much) about the loose skin thing at the end (bearing in mind I started at nearly 300lbs). The only thing I intend having surgery on is my boobs :)

wow how fantastic has your weight loss been so far - totally inspirational - have you been taking xenical for the whole journey and do you have a diary I could haunt:D

Hope xenical works well for you.

Irene xx

thanks Irene I intend to stick with slimming world as a woe and just hope this works for me
I really need to lose the weight for health reasons - I have just had another steroid injection in my left knee which is so far working well
I have joined the gym and have a daughter who is keeping a check on me :):)

right comments on my food would be really helpful thanks
28g oats
150ml semi skimmed milk
1 tablespoon raisins (I have run out of bananas
fruit tea and xenical :):)

will be back to add in other food as I have it

one question
If I have fat free yog and fruit for breakfast is it worth taking a xenical as it is a fat free meal?

Hi, and good luck for your first day. If you have a really low fat meal there isn't an awful lot of point taking your Xenical, if I have fruit and yogurt for breakfast then I don't bother. Breakfast looks good so far, enjoy!

KB x

Thank you KB - I have no doubt at some point I will make a mistake and wish I hadnt :):) - I just really want this to work for me :)
and some of you have been having such great success

good luck with the next few days - when are you due your weigh in is it on st patricks day or just before

Hi, I weigh myself on a Friday, also due at the nurse tomorrow for my first weigh in since I started (need new prescription and they won't give it if I haven't been weighed). The St Patrick's day thing is just a mini goal, happens to be the day before my birthday too.
I have never "made a mistake" and had side effects, all my "mistakes" have been perfectly conscious decisions to eat something I shouldn't, I honestly think it is quite hard to eat the wrong think accidently unless you are not in charge of the food eg out in a restaurant or something like that.

well lunch was pitta with low fat houmous and salad with quorn slices - seemed to work out at about 9g fat for the meal

dinner will be home made quorn cottage pie with lots of veggies in it
and some extra veg on the side - so I know what went in that and there were 2 squirts of frylight - so hopefully all will be well

hopefully I wont have the need for a snack later :):)

Hey I hope your first day has gone well :)
Your food for the day sounds yummy!

If I have fruit and yogurt for a meal even though it is pretty much fat free I still take a tablet just because that way I keep in the habit of taking a pill 3 times a day so I wont ever forget to take one.

Claire x

definitely

Oh and you
when you have posted more I can send you a pm - maybe as we are starting together we can keep each other company on this journey :):)
along with everyone else of course

definitely! :) i'll try post more! haha

Thank you so much for all your input
I have a busy day today so food will be about the same as yesterday (I deliberately cooked 2 cottage pies) slightly different veg for dinner will be purple sprouting and peas
lunch will be pitta with salad and I have a banana and cereal bar as well as it is gym day today
and breakfast is porridge and strawberries

I am sure I am going to get the hang of this

I do have a diary in the members section and would appreciate your help over there as I think its time this one died a natural death :):)

Back