Food Addiction - Cravings

Snappyjugs

So im nearly finished LT for a couple weeks..

Im concerned at the fact im still craving fat food and i know i have will power but when i kno i can eat i eat big..

Today was bad as i had to sit watching loved ones share my mums bday cake round and have loads of treats, i really felt like having some..

I kno i was addicted to all the wrong foods but will it ever go away; the want for all things sweet, Im 7 weeks on LT now i tjought things might hav

ve changed, but they havent!

Has anyone any tips for me x

Ah hun, give yourself a chance, make an effort to have small portions and choose healthy foods. Plan your shopping, give your self the very best chance to succeed. I know it feels like it on this diet, but 7 weeks isnt that long. However you have managed to go without food this long, so you have to apply the same determination to eating food again. There a some things you just cannot have until you have reached your goal. Good luck hun, if you really cannot control it I would speak to your GP about counselling xx

Remember that the overwhelming cravings are part of a deep-set habit that we all had before starting this diet - to basically stuff our faces at the mere passing thought of something tasty in the fridge or cupboard (ok that was a bit presumptuous but it's what I was like anyway) - that is a habit that is hard to break. BUT there is a huge difference between cravings and hunger. Cravings are all in your head, hunger is in your stomach. I don't think I have felt actual hunger on this diet at all, but the cravings are constantly there. I know how you feel. I just keep thinking to myself that I am trying to break this habit of thinking about sweets and chocolate and yummy food all the time for a good reason. If I don't, I'll only end up the same size I was when I started this diet again some time in the future, even if I do reach my goal now. Try and think along the same lines. As soon as the craving hits, do something to distract yourself. Pick a household chore, it works for me!

hi hun i think we all feel like this so ur certainly ot alone, smeone on here was talking about sugar addiction the other day and it made total sense as to why i cant conrol my eating - id recommend looking it up. if u read the back of packets of food the sugar content is unbelievable - even in savoury foods, so we're being set up to fail. personally im going to try and avoid sugar a all costs when i can ea again (despite my love of baking!) as i think its the only way to stop me bingeing. apparently sugar addiction is as bad as drug addiction...

Back