FOOD AFTER CAMBRIDGE ....the journey continues

mandye

Silver Member
Id like to record my daily life in relation to food work and moods just for me to look back on .It may help me if things go wrong to pin point where to start from .....the journey continues

Mood :cry:Big rows with hubby at mo :cry:

Well today is a day off so have been out around town then food shopping so about 1 hours walking

breakfast 1 cambridge shake vanilla made into porridge with husks (still yummy) and 1 braeburn apple 217 calories

1 apple to walk up town with 79 cals

1 snack a jack(saj) popcorn salt and vinegar 47 cals

Dinner lettuce carrot cabbage beetroot salad with honey and mustard low dressing with cottage cheese 461 cals

bio strawberry yoghurt (in big pot so guess at 200g) 92 cals

ww vanilla creamed rice pud 108 cals

Tea cauli broccoli less than 5% sausages gravy 296 cals
total cals 1301
daily cals allowance 1611

Still got cals left over but find im stuff and cant fit more in ,dont know what Ill do when I want to stop losing weight .Things are going ok just back from 2 weeks in tenerife eating what I liked on a night salad and fruit through day and only put on 8 lb lost 6lb of that in 5 days hope to be back to 11st 13 this week .8lb is not bad as I was drinking brandy alexanders (glass of cream with brandy )and had puds every other day .So todays ramble over got to go swimming now more tomorrow

Last edited:
Well done Mandy, sounds like you are doing great! xx

Well another day up at 6.10 today silly me but WI at 12st yipeee back to goal .
Work today just dinner time .
Bethan has wrong trousers day at school so all her clothes are out got to be fashionable you know wtf shes 10 .
MOOD is ok hubby at work all day so no stress till later :sigh: .
EXERCISE done 25 mins on exercise bike and have to walk up town later hubby blew microwave up so buy new one and carry it home + 3 hours busy work so that will do for today .

breakfast
2 shredded wheat 1 handfull all bran +milk (trying to keep regular lol) 366 cals
morning snack
apple 79 cals
strawb yoghurt 46 cals total 125 cals

dinner
cottage cheese salad lettuce celery carrot beetroot honey and mustard low dressing 461 cals

after noon tea
strawberries 84 cals

dinner 1/4 can of baxters healthy options minestrone soup 48 cals
1 slice multiseed bread 102 cals
amoy straight to wok beef and black bean stir fry 160 cals
double choc muffin elmlea cream:eek: 468 cals

total today 1869 cals norty
not gone over what I need to maintain so still a good day .Back on the heathy option tomorrow Enjoyed meal tonight but ww rice pud was better yesterday and less cals .Got rhubarb for morrow and more strawbs might be a fruit day nite all

Last edited:
Hey Mandye,

Lovely to see a maintainance thread... :) looks like you have loads of food!!!! :)

Nas x

Saturday all things considered things arnt to bad son and grandson been round and taken beth to her swimming party and im going to get ready for work .
Mood :eek: could be better but ok
breakfast
cd shake made into porridge and apple
morning snack
saj popcorn
dinner
cottage cheese 200g and lettuce carrot celery beetroot h+m dressing
rhubarb with little sweetener
afternoon snack
strawbs
tea
chicken brocc cauli cabbage curry sauce
late taste
jelly sf total greek 0% yoghurt
total 1154 cals

well its sunday and another week gone .Nothing chages .

Mood :sigh:
Exercise 20 mins fast walk mooch round car boot 15 mins mod walk
breakfast 2 shredded wheat
snacks 2 saj popcorn and strawbs
dinner cottage cheese salad
tea :eek: cheese burger chips coleslaw hot choc fudge cake cream ice cream :eek: taken out for a meal only thing I liked on menu :D (well for main course could of had about 5 puds lol)

cals - omg carnt face adding them up back on track morrow

Last edited:
Up very early this morning .
WI 11st 13 so 1lb on as a result of yesterdays meal but that is fine cant go without a social life 80% 20% rule is fine.Back on track today .
Mood :sigh:
Exersize 15 mins bike 20 mins mod walk 20 mins mooch round shops work tonight

breakfast 200g ish strawbs bran flakes milk
snack saj popcorn (love these wish I tried them years ago )
dinner salad
snack apple
tea stir fry
late taste sf jelly 0% greek yoghurt

drink mainly water with zero coke and coffee made with small spoon of hermasetas sweetener

Lovely to see how others approach maintenance. I tried the 80/20 when I lost weight with SW some years ago. I couldn't do after a while....did my head in:D so haven't tried it this time around.

Oooohhhh Hot fudge cake. Yum :)

Hi kd not really doing 80/20 just to cover my scrummy meal ,going indian this weekend so have been good all week again .Nice that some peeps who are maintaining long term come on to help us newbies over the many hurdles ,good or bad please keep the help coming xxx

mood not good things at home are still very cr*p
exercise walked up town 2hours
then to supermarket mowed lawn and 10 mins on bike

well today been hungry so
2 shredded wheat
1/2 pint milk
3 tsp sweetener for coffee
2 apples
2 saj popcorn
cottage cheese loads
salad loads
huge stir fry type meal
jelly
0% yoghurt
total cals 1564
prob not finish yet as just bottomless pit today but hopefull it may be totm as not had one for 2/3 months not craving chocolate tho

prob not finish yet as just bottomless pit today

I get days like that. It makes no sense sometimes, though it is often relative to how much else is going on in my day.

Perhaps you could try having some protein with each meal. I do that anyway. So, for example, if I was having shredded wheat, I would either follow it with a smoothie (frozen fruit, milk and yoghurt), or I'd stick yoghurt on the SW :D)

I find half a dozen almonds a god send if I have a hungry day. Just keep a few in a little bag in my pocket and nibble away if I'm hungry before something is due.

They don't give me that "oooohhhh, full now" sensation, but they can definitely keep my hunger at bay until the next mealtime.

Hi Mandy

Yay!!!! another maintenance diary:D Just spotted it but have to do the school run in 5 mins:eek: so will read it from beginning later today.

It's lovely to have a new neighbour:D

Tracey
x

Thank you for your input kd:) will try the protien tomorrow and the few nuts great idea have been keeping s/f gum in my pocket but have to say eating quiet a lot of it so not buying anymore as put on 1lb this morning and they are the only thing I dont count .
morning nieghbour lol please feel free to let me know any tips hints or just that Im going wrong still a L plate maintaner with lots to learn :)

Mood eat eat and more eat :eek:
exercise 20 mins exercise bike 90 mins walking

breakfast sw(shredded wheat) 1 oatibix:eek: 1/2 pint skimmed milk
snack apple
dinner tuna lettuce carrot celery beetroot dressing
tea chicken stir fry with chow mien
supper %0 greek style yoghurt strawbs
total 1611 cals

will have to be carefull that oatibix was not worth going over my cals could of had loads of fruit or veg for that 1 thing doh:mad:
But am still full and prob will be till late aft I hope as not going to be able to eat till about 3pm

busy day today
I have already emptied back bedroom taken king size bed out to skip + all rubish in back garden (microwaves old hoover you get the picture) stripped paint in bedroom .now need to strip wallpaper go to dd sports day do shopping take dd swimming lesons cook tea do my exercise .Some days you wish you were at work :eek:lol
Oh well coffee break over (or water break ) back to it

Hi Mandy

Back from school run and caught up with your diary:)

Firstly a big congratulations for reaching goal, your pics are great:D

Sorry to hear about tension with OH, hope things soon settle.

I love the fact you are writing your meal plans down, I like reading other peoples meal ideas as sometimes it'seasy to just eat the same things day in day out. (I've never done that, maybe I should!)

Tracey
x

Having a better day (at last)

mood :eek:

exercise 20 mins walk 10 min bike
been to work and done shopping so busy day

breakfast vanilla cd shake with psyllium husks

snack apple

dinner small salad lettuce carrot celery

tea half tin baxters healthy choice chicken veg 3 melba toast
home made burgers x 2 cauli sprouts broccoli new spuds coleslaw

supper 1meringue nest loads strawbs and loads reduced fat creme fraiche wow great pud

total cals 1653

the baxters healthy choice chicken and veg casserole soup is very very nice full of flavour and only 196 cals per tin well worth it.

at work all day morrow so may not get on comp will try catch up sunday .xx

Hiya Mandy!

Love the diary especially as I can pinch a few meal ideas!! I too get hungry days, I call them my munchies when no matter what I eat I still feel hungry, I tend to binge on fruit which fills me up for a bit but has other less desirable consequences!

Gxx

Hi porgeous thanks for popping in .You still doing fanbloodytastic hun .Wish you lived closer to me would love you to take me shopping you seem to know the right things to buy and look great .My wardrobe is full of miss matched items and jeans lol.

Was very warm day yesterday ,today is childrens sports day in sunny ripon and its going to bucket it down ,
At work dinner and tea today so prob no extra exercise but will try get 10 mins on bike

Mood :eek:
breakfast 2 sw with milk and strawbs
snack apple

do seem to be having the same thing quiet often but I did pre diet too I lived off steak and kidney pie and veg for a yearish once really think it because I dont like so much easier to eat the same .Anyway I have started to make 1 night a week my try it night .last night was some thing simple but I would of said no before as it had onion and herbs and tinned soups only ever liked oxtail.The baxters range is really nice so far and will be appearing in my cupboard more .
Creme fraiche is not nice when you try a bit to see what its like but get it with strawbs or the meringue and wow better than cream:eek: really :eek:

So what will I try next week need to find a low cal pud as these are what I miss most but prob have strawbs as loving them at mo
well thats my waffle over for now will fill in the food diary as I go today not sure what Im having but prob salad then stir fry easy day as at work till 8.30
Going indian morrow night yum xx

well had salad then stir fry then jelly for supper then an 1/8th of a slice of cream cake :eek: where that come from .Bought a new rubber plastic cake tin ? thing had to try it and there pretty good the cakes not bad either lol still under 2000 cals for the day so alls good.

Going indian today for tea so will be very good all day so I can drink a vodka or 2 back to reality on monday .Goodon a week day bit norty on a weekend seems to be working for me at mo .sleep well everyone will do a diary update morrow xx

Little drunk not that I had much but not really had any for a while so straight to my head lol.

mood merry lol
exercise 30 min walk

cd chocolate porridge

sf jelly
carrot?

1 egg omelett indian meat kebab thing salad
chicken tikka marsala 1/2 portion pilau rice

4 strawberry water and vodka things nice and only 87 cals per bottle might of had 5 tho :D
had a good night india was great as always

Little drunk not that I had much but not really had any for a while so straight to my head lol.

mood merry lol
exercise 30 min walk

cd chocolate porridge

sf jelly
carrot?

1 egg omelett indian meat kebab thing salad
chicken tikka marsala 1/2 portion pilau rice

4 strawberry water and vodka things nice and only 87 cals per bottle might of had 5 tho :D
had a good night india was great as always

loving the mood....and the fact that you can't remeber how many drinks you had, or wether you had that carrot!!! LOL x

Back