Food binge

dd82

Gold Member
Help help help I have lost the plot, I had been doing sw for a party that was coming up I did well the party was Saturday and no I have lost the plot, I can't seem to get on plan and I had the mother of all food binges last night I walked around shoving food in my mouth till I felt Ill I are things that don't even go together like I have been out of control for 4 days now and can't see how to get back off the downward spiral , I weighed my self today so I knew the damage which is a 3lb gain and want to start fresh please help !

When do we actually change our mind set I can be on a diet or off, I want to change for life not be on this binge// good cycle still rambling know but seems to make me feel better I have already started today of not so well but going to try to pull it back with ccing today and get back to slimming world tommorrow, I am going to add a food diary to try to help myself

Hey dd82, sometimes it's hard, I went off the rails for 2 months and put on most of the 15lbs I lost in the 4 months prior to that. Not a happy bunny. If I'm honest l, I'm still not back on track but I at least try to do a largely sw diet and have lost 1.5lbs in 2 weeks - not much I know but off is better than on.
I think the best advice is to try your best to draw a line under it but always go to group, it helps so much and I am so grateful for the support I get there, I was never made to feel like a bad person for reversing my work but a good person for coming back an facing up.
Good luck.
Xx

My advice is to book a holiday. :)
I find i have to have something to look forward to and that works for me. When I didnt have anything to look forward to so to speak (no hols booked, no weddings i wanted to look good for etc etc) i found it hard. I had done slimming world for ages and i know the plan inside out.

I joined a class, went every week and i soon had the motivation. Everyone works different so it has to be what works for you.

Help help help I have lost the plot, I had been doing sw for a party that was coming up I did well the party was Saturday and no I have lost the plot, I can't seem to get on plan and I had the mother of all food binges last night I walked around shoving food in my mouth till I felt Ill I are things that don't even go together like I have been out of control for 4 days now and can't see how to get back off the downward spiral , I weighed my self today so I knew the damage which is a 3lb gain and want to start fresh please help !

Look at your signature! You've done so well! The good thing is you know you have had a binge and want to get back on track - it'd be too easy to let these past 4 days turn into weeks. Trust me, it's not worth it!!

To get back into it you could write a plan of meals and lunches for the next week, look in the recipe section, in the mag, on the website, where ever, to find recipes for things you've never tried. Make SW exciting again. Pretend it's your first week!

Good luck xx

Aw hun I totally know where you're coming from! I lost 8 stone got to target n now have put two back on! I'm so trying to get motivated but I'm in that place too! O long for the day I can be on or off a diet n have a gratuity relationship with food I too have the binge / healthy eating cycle mixed in with starvation to counteract the binges it's so hard but we both can do it! Maybe we can help motivate each other!

Thank you so much everyone, I think I am finally realising how unhealthy my mental attitude to food is, I was like a woman possessed eating and that's not good. I think you are right about booking something to keep on target but I defo need help with adjusting my view of myself and food, I almost know that i am only punishing myself but feel like I don't deserve to be happy . I know I can do this as I have come a long way but I got a little insight into how easy it is to put it back on again, I could def do with a buddy to stay on track how shall we go about helping each other? Thanks again for reading the rambling

Looking for triggers

O/H starting nights ( not stayed alone for over 8 years)

Scared of failing
Not liking new body

Ok yesterday not to bad until hit the pic and mix and the cinema, fresh start today

Green day

Musli 10syn

Milk hex a

Salad sandwhich on wholemeal hex b x 2 plus free food,
Salad cream 3 syns

Dinner

Slimming world wedges with fried egg ( frylite) and cheese hex a

Total 13 syns

Back