Food Diary (...and the rest) of a Katerpillar

Hope you have a lovely night out tonight!!

Must say I am totally impressed that you go to Bootcamp at 6.30 in the morning - I would never do that. Need my bed too much!!

xx

Thank you hun! Meal was dee-bloomin-lish! :D

As far as Bootcamp goes I know it sounds mental but it's FAB! Really sets you up for the day - puts me in a really good mood! Don't get me wrong - getting out of bed is a killer but my OH gets up at that time for work on a morning anyway so that makes it a little easier! Plus, I much prefer going first thing as I would never, ever be able to come home and then go back out again! Didn't ever think I would become a morning person - must be getting old! ;)

Friday 18th February - Green

Breakfast - 2 slices of WM bread (HexB) with spread (2 syns)

Lunch - Home-made Spicy Butternut Squash soup with 2 more slices of toast (no spread) (HexB) - I probably shouldn't have had more bread as my second HexB but really can't be bothered to walk inot town today so hey-ho! I think 2 lots of bread is allowed???

Snack - apple

Tea - at work tonight so tea will be Batchelors Beef Rice with brocolli, cauliflower and carrots stirred through and 42g of Cathedral City Low Fat Cheese (HexA)

Healthy Extras
A - 42g Cathedral City Low Fat Cheese
A - Milk in tea
B - Bread
B - Bread

Oops, just had a mini cholocate binge and had a curly wurly (6 syns) and a caramel Freddo (5 syns) - no wine for me tonight! Probably for the best as I have to be up early for Booty !! - so really, eating that chocolate has done me a favour!! ;)

Total syns - 2 + 6 + 5 = 13

Last edited:
Weekend plans are.......

Saturday

Bootcamp 1 hour - 8am - 9am

Breakfast - Going to best friends house for 10am to discuss the future hen do we are going on! we are bridesmaid for one of our other friends and we are going to La Manga for the week in June, so on sat morning we are going to purchase some suitable hen-do paraphenalia (pure tack! :princess:) and discuss how best to prepare her for wedded life! :D
So, she is making the bacon sandwiches. I will take my own bread with me (she understands!!) ;)

Lunch -

Tea - we are going to OH's family do where there will be a buffet and much alcohol! I don’t know what she is cooking so will be as good as possible! I might drive, I might not - will see how I feel!

Sunday

Not sure yet!

Last edited:
Ok, so weekend not exactly going to plan!!
Been ill since yesterday morning and pretty much nil by mouth :(
Can't keep anything down and am couch bound :cry::cry:
To be fair I am feeling slightly better than I did yesterday but still ropey!!

On the plus side sneaky peak at the scales this morning show 4lb loss :eek:However, I know this is not a realistic weigh in as have eaten next to nothing but was still nice to see ;)

Am currently on couch catching up with Biggest Loser USA, hope to get something on my stomach soon!

Hope you're all having a better weekend than mine x x

Sorry you're feeling yucky hun - was it something you'd eaten or a bug? Hope you feel better soon - it's horrible when your weekends ruined by feeling yucky
Get well soon ((hugs))

Morning all! Woke up this morning feeling very, very weak :(The food I tried yesterday wouldn't stay put so have had nothing since early Sat morning!! :(. On the bright side I feel a lot better than I have been feeling and I am HUNGRY!!:)

The dilemma I had was that Monday is my dreaded weigh day so I hopped on the scales and I am showing an 8lb loss :eek: :eek:

Now I know my body is in starvation mode and some (hopefully not all!) of it will go back on but to cheer myself up I am going to say 8lbs loss!!! :p :D

Next week may be embarrassing :p

My trousers were dropping off me this morning - I feel weak but I feel thin ;) couldn't deal with feeling like this all the time though - I need my food!! :D

Wowsers - 8lb loss??!!
I could do with that....come and share your bug :)

Well done, I am sure that at least half of it will be a real loss, so it will be all your bootcamp efforts paying dividends :)

Well um congrats on an amazing loss first of all!!
But so sorry to hear you're still feeling awful, have you been to the docs yet? You probably should if you haven't eaten since Saturday...
Are you in work today?x

I know I could hardly believe my eyes! I haven't been 11 stone for a good couple of years! I'm fully prepared for a gain next week but hey.....gotta get your pleasures where you can eh?? ;). This is how big my trousers were this morning - yes, I am milking this ;)

Suey you are welcome to this bug but you really wouldn't want it!! Been weak, shaky and sick..... Not good :sick0019: I'm never, ever ill either so it's a total shock to the system!! I'm not a good patient - very pitiful :eek:

No I'm not at work today Sarah I'm really not well enough to go in and there is a pregnant girl in our office who I would hate to give this to so I am tucked up in bed still watching This Morning and messing about on the iPad - tis great - we haven't even scratched the surface with all the apps!!!

Hope you are both having a good start to the weekend! I will be conducting checks on diaries later ;) Thank you for your well wishes xx

Last edited:
Good you're not in work - especially if you're feeling weak.
Hope you start to feel better soon, and let us know any good apps you find. I love all the apps on my i-touch!

Hi Katerpillar :)
don't know if I've posted in here before, but have been reading.
omg 8lbs! GET YOU!!!!!

And get well soon, of course! But well done on your weight loss (down 15lbs already) and for such will power with boot camp!
What is it exactly?

Good luck with this week xx

Have a good rest and I hope you'll feel better soon. And of course, congratulations on the 8 pound loss ;)
Although I would say prepare yourself for a gain next week, it will just be your body getting back to normal (and even then I'm pretty sure you're not going to put it all back on) x

Hi Katerpillar :)
don't know if I've posted in here before, but have been reading.
omg 8lbs! GET YOU!!!!!

And get well soon, of course! But well done on your weight loss (down 15lbs already) and for such will power with boot camp!
What is it exactly?

Good luck with this week xx

Hello Elaine! :D

Thank you for stopping by!!.....I am feeling much better today thank you! I am just about to tuck into a WW Mediterranean Pasta meal - I hope my mouth doesn't give me too much jip! (will explain in my next post!)
How are you finding SW? Minimins is fab isn't it? I don't know how people do without it!!

How long have you been doing it for?

As far as Bootcamp goes - it's fab! It's a mix of cardio and weights really but it's outdoors so over the Winter we have been meeting at 6.30am in a picth black car park to be tortured by a former body builder! :eek: Sounds crazy I know…..!!! I must admit it's been hard work dragging myself out of bed some mornings (and admittedly sometimes I caved in and rolled over!) but once you've made the effort it feels soooooo good! Do you do any exercise at the minute??

Hey everyone - thank you for all of your well wishes whilst I was on my deathbed! ha ha - OK, slight exaggeration!! ;)

I am back at work today. Feeling about 85% better. I still look live I've been dug up mind you - (and a couple of people have kindly tod me so!) - but I am feeling much better.

Not been on plan at all the last 2 days -but the amount I have eaten has been pitiful so hopefully it won't cause too much of a travesty on Monday morning!

I am back on plan today though as the sooner I get back into the swing of things the better. The only problem I am having now is that while I was poorly suffered some quite severe acid reflux which worked its way up my oesophagus and into my mouth - now whenever I eat anything the roof of my mouth and back of my throat swell up really bad and become really sore - it absolutely kills! Total nightmare! I have been taking Pepto Bismal for the last 24 hours but am yet to feel an improvement! My tongue is also covered in ulcers!! Arrrrggggghhhhh!!!! Whoever would have thought that 3 days illness could knock you off your feet so much? So glad I don’t get ill very often - my poor OH has had a terrible couple of days!!

HOWEVER, I will stop the moaning now because I am on the road to recovery - I slept like a baby last night and it feels good to be back at work in some sort of routine!

I weighed 11.3 this morning so I am hoping I can maintain this now I have started eating normally.

Diary to follow……

Wednesday 23rd February - Green

Breakfast - nothing (really wasn't hungry at all so wasn't going to force myself to eat!)

Lunch - WW Mediterranean Pasta (1.5 syns) with steamed veg (bit of a messy pic attached)

Snack - 3 Light Baybels (HexA) and 5 Mini Fingers (5 syns) which somebody has v. kindly put on my desk! There are 14cals in each one so I'm going to guess at 1syn each.

Snack 2 (Hunger coming back with a vengeance! Oh dear! - 2slices of WM bread (HexB) with spread (2 syns) and cherry tomatoes

Tea - something that doesn't involve much cooking (feeling tired today - moan, moan, moan!!! :p)

Healthy Extras
A - Baybels
A - TBC
B - Bread
B - TBC

Total syns - 1.5 + 5 + 2

Attachments

• med veg.jpg
    med veg.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Well it's just one thing after another isn't it - poor you!
Glad you're feeling better but your mouth/throat sounds horrible. Hope it doesn't last too long...
Bless your OH - hope he was looking after you!

Back