Food Diary (...and the rest) of a Katerpillar

Thank you! He has mainly just stayed out of my way which was probably for the best - I haven't been in the best mood ;)

I am feeling better and better as the day goes on though to be fair - the first couple of days being laid up were unavoidable but by last night I felt I was just lying around feeling sorry for myself - much better being up and about! :D :D

Got to agree with your there, once you are up and about and there's less time to dwell on how poorly you are, you start to feel much better for it!
I suggest yoghurt and frozen grapes and nice cool non-spiky things for your mouth... sounds like you've had a horrid time of it.
Hope you recuperate the remaining 15% and are fighting fit soon :)

Love the new food type - 'nice cool non-spiky things' :8855:

Hello everyone,

I was absent for most of last week due to being really busy at work after having Mon / Tue off so didn’t really have time to post - and unfortunately my meals suffered too!

I weighed in this morning at 11.5. This is a gain of 5lbs from last week but to be honest I completely expected that - last weeks weight was unsustainable seeing as I had literally eaten nothing for nearly 3 days - I was so weak and by Tuesday night soooooo hungry that I did deviate from plan! Right now I would rather be 11.5 and feel like I do than 11.0 and feel like I did! :) :)

However, on the bright side - 11.5 is still the lightest I have been for - well for as long as I can remember actually! :D 11.6 was what I got down to last year before my holidays and then things went pear shaped! So, this is still a huge positive for me - and now I am back on plan so onwards and downwards - hopefully I will see that 11.0 on the scales again in the not too distant future!

Hope you are all well and have a lovely week ahead!

Monday 28th Febraury - Green

Breakfast -2 slices of WM bread (HexB) and spread (3 syns)

Lunch - Batchelors Beef Rice with steamed veg and 2 mini Babybels (HexA) + 1 more Babybel (3 syns) - knew I should have got the Light ones!

I have taken a picture of my very messy lunch! I have seen some pictures on here where people lay their food out in perfect little piles - if only I was that neat! Mine's like a pile of mash - but tasted soooooo good! :D :D

Tea - Think I am going to try mushy pea curry sauce with SW chips! EDIT: yep made the mushy pea curry and it is deeee-lightful!:D I blended it after making it as I don't think I would like the texture of the beans / peas whole! I had SW chips, curry and mushrooms! Bit of a strange combo bhp yummy all the same!! Pictures attached. To be fair it looks a bit minging on the pics - tasted a lot better than it looks :D

In the pan cooking: On the plate looking a bit minging!!
th_9eebad87.png
th_2d0e3aec.png

Snacks
2 x banana
Strawberry Muller Light
1 Clementine
1 Harvest Morn (less than 70 cal) cereal bar (3 sins)
Picture attached of some various snacks

Healthy Extras
A - Babybels
A - milk in tea
B - bread
B - bread

Total syns - 3 + 3 + 3 + 6 = 15 - day 1of 100% - DONE!!! :D

Syns for the week - 15/105

Attachments

• snacks.jpg
    snacks.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 42
  • dinner.jpg
    dinner.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
That sounds like a perfectly reasonable gain to have after the artificial loss last week, and I am pleased to see that you are not letting it put you off. I can't wait to be 11.5 - I think I weighed about that much when I was in sixth form !! I really want to be around the 11.7 mark in time for my holiday, focus, focus, focus.
That's still a 3lb real loss in 2 weeks so very good going - and I am positive that you will see the 11 stone mark in the very near future :)

I have decided to try something different with my syns and count them weekly in the hope that this will give me a little more flexibility on a day-to-day basis. Also this might ensure that if I do go over my 15 in one day then I don't just think sod it and go crazy! Here's hoping……

Tuesday 1st March - Extra Easy Day 2 of 100%

Breakfast - Banana

Snack - 2 plums

Lunch - Seafood salad follwed by Raspberry and Cranberry Muller Light

Tea - SW donner kebab with SW chips - forgot to get salad but I made some home made chilli so ended up eating half a tin of tomatoes!! I'm going to count that as my superfree! :) I had a Tesco WM pitta and just found out it's a whopping 8 SYNS! OMG! Never again!

Healthy Extras
A - 2 mini babybels
B - 2 choc and orange Harvest Morn breakfast bars

Total syns - 6 (see new syn rule below re: wine)

Syns for the week - 51 /105

Attachments

• sal.jpg
    sal.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 56
  • doner.jpg
    doner.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Well done for staying so positive, really you have had a 3 pounds loss in 2 weeks, so it's really good.
I'm going to try something different for my syns too because I'm really struggling to control the amount I have.
This evening I have made little bags of syns worth 3 syns , I have 14 bags in total and it still leaves me enough syns for a bottle of wine... We'll see how it goes!

Wednesday 2nd March - Green

Breakfast - 1 Alpen Light Bar (1/2 HexB) and a banana

Lunch - Just had a mahooooosive bowl of Speed Soup for my dinner along with my HexB of 2 slices of toast and 2 mini light Babybels (2/3 HexA) I am not sure we are meant to have abowl of soup quite that big but I didn't realise it would be that size when I was pouring it this morning! :eek: I am stuffed now so no room for the fruit or muller light! Got to say I am not looking forward to the well known after effects of speed soup!!! :p

Tea - Quorn speed curry - the first time I have had Quorn and have to say I was very impressed! Not sure why I had such a fear of it before - quite ridiculous really - but I can safely say I am over that now (a far a the mince goes anyway! - still not sure about the burgers / sausages!)

Snacks
2 plums
Nectarines
Couple of pickled onions

Healthy Extras
A - Milk in tea / coffee
B - 2 Alpen Light Bars
B - 2 slices of WM bread

Total syns - 2 (Flora light on toast)

Syns for the week - 53 so far / 105

I have decided to deduct one bottle of wine from my weekyl syn allowance rather than doing it daily. This means I am free to enjoy the wine as I like throughout bthe week and won't be tempted to have any more. I will feel so much happier doing it like this as I always think I shouldn't be having it but says who? As long as it's within my weekyl syns then I'm not going to beat myself up over it!

So, my new syns for the week are:
Bottle of wine - 28
Monday - 9
Tuesday - 14
= 53 so far

Attachments

• speed soup.jpg
    speed soup.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 34
  • speed curry.jpg
    speed curry.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
NIGHTMARE! Just remembered I had a Tesco WM pitta with my SW doner last night - didn't know the syn value and just checked - 8 SYNS! :eek: :eek: :(

No syns for me today me thinks! :(

Like your wine idea - as long as you stick to the one bottle anyway!

What a pain about the pittas! I usually get the co-op WM pittas which are a HEXB... dread to think about the syns

Hello!
I have to confess that I have eaten tesco WM pitta and counted it as a HexB. I know it isn't meant to be because there's not enough fibre, but I figure cheese as a hexB doesn't have any fibre in either. As long as you are making sure you have plenty of calcium and fibre in your diet, you'll be fine.
The whole Hex thing is basically giving you 12-24 extra syns but making you use them wisely on things that enhance your diet rather than rubbish, since SW know full well that a lot of people, given a daily syn allowance of 27-41, would use them on high-fat stuff. A pitta is low in fat and sugars so I would still count it.

Not all the time of course, but I would let it go and finish the pack of pittas without feeling too guilty. I certainly wouldn't punish myself today :)

Aw PrawnchopSuey that makes me feel sooooo much better! I went to the Co-op but it's only a small one near where I live and they didn’t have any so I thought I'd get the Tesco ones and syn them - not realising they would be a whopping 8 syns! I wasn't even going to have one - I bought them knowing that the OH would definitely want one with the doner but of course I ended up having one too as I had my B left and thought it might in some way go towards that allowance! :eek: :eek:
Thank you for making me feel better! There's only 2 left now anyway as OH had THREE last night :eek: - I think I'll let him finish the pack to be on the safe side!

Katerpillar- don't worry too much about the pitta-I would count it as hex. Your photos are great.:cool: I really think that seeing the pictures helps others to see what great food you can eat on SW. I am drooling here!!

I think I will try the sw doner at the weekend- have to make it when oh not about- he automatically makes faces whan he sees me doing my "diet" food. Always eats it though!

I am hoping that I can get some asda wholemeal pittas smuggled across the border to me on Friday!! Asda is 1 hour drive so I have a friend who does his shopping there on a Friday - and bless him - he usually gets a list every week!
Hope you have a good couple of days !
Sheila

Thursday 3rd March - Green

6.30 am - 7.30am - Bootcamp

Breakfast - 1 Harvest Morning Cereal bar (1/2 HexB) and a banana

Lunch - Leftover Quorn Speed Curry

Tea - Ended up having SW chips, eggs and beans instead! Proper comfort food :D with a tbsp of Ketchup (2 syns) - massive portion again though - must start to control this!!!

Snacks
2 plums
1 kiwi

Healthy Extras
A - 1/3 milk in coffee and 2/3 Babybel light (2)
B - 2 slices of WM bread
B - 2 Harvest Morn Ceral Bars

Total syns - 2 + 2

Syns for the week - 57 / 105

Attachments

• chips.jpg
    chips.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Popped into Sainsbury's on the way home last night and picked up some of the Crown Lager which Mrs Wilsoncroft (on this forum) fabulousyl found out that it is 1 SYN per can! :eek: :D I still can't believe it - I am actually over the moon! That will do nicely me for the weekend!! :D

WHAT?????!!!!! I'm so going to get me some of that!!

Hope you enjoyed your return to boot camp bright and early this morning - it was a nice chilly one for you too :)

I know - it's fab - 1 SYN! :D Make sure you get the right one - it's the 4% Crown Lager - I've attached a picture

Yeah Bootcamp was absolutely freeeeeezing this morning - had about 20 layers on - of which 95% were stripped off after about 10 minutes when I started 'glowing' ;)

Excellent to be back though!!!! :D :D

Attachments

• crown.jpg
    crown.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 47
Back