Food diary of a chunky girl

Hi Loho,

How are you doing? I hope you've had a nice weekend.

Yes a pound isn't too bad is it? Especially after the wonderful food I got to eat!

I'm trying to be more positive & less hard on myself. If a friend told me they had been doing I would tell them that it was a special weekend & that the next week is a new start so to just get on with it. So I'm trying to be a friend to myself ( sounds odd I know but you know what I mean). I'm in it for the long haul & not for a quick fix so a weekend here & there off plan is natural.

Xx

Ok I've been out for dinner & probably gone over my syns slightly but in a positive note I made good choices. I had grilled fish & swapped creamed potatoes for baby spinach. I think the fish was cooked in butter but I didn't have the usual creamy sauce, chips or cheese so it's definitely progress.

Breakfast - egg, bacon, toast, benecol (2 syns), ketchup (1 syn)
Snack - cherries (s), fruit salad (s s)
Lunch - beetroot soup ( s s), flake (4 syns)
Snack - apple (s), roast beef, yogurt (0.5 syns) boiled egg (I was getting very impatient waiting for my dinner!)
Dinner - salmon, stir fry veg ( s s), chilli sauce (1 syn) plums (s)

HEXA - milk
HEXB - bread
Syns - 8.5
Speed foods - 8
Exercise - walking up escalators

Last edited:
I can already feel that today is going to be a toughie. My trip around tesco this morning was filled with temptation. Oh what I would do for some chocolate and biscuits.

I did however buy a fruit salad & some (outrageously expensive )cherries. I am now full but still would like a treat. I think it's a combination of tiredness & * week.

I shall be sticking to plan though, especially as its only Monday!

Evening,

Actually today was no where near as bad as I thought it would be. Some lovely cherries in the morning & a mini flake after lunch seemed to do the trick, which I was very pleased about.

An early night for me I think as I'm out tomorrow night. And hopefully I will be much more perky tomorrow!

X

STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOPSTOPSTOPSTOP STOP STOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPVSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOP :slap: one or two is manageable but don't eat too many or you will be really unhappy with yourself in the long run!

ok now that I have staged an intervention :D the kind and controlled me is back! ok what lead to the chocolate eating?

Thanks Loho, I needed that! I had four chocs so not the end of the world but I was very close to spiralling! I've just walked past the offending chocs & resisted so crisis is averted!

My instant reaction to that question was because I am a pig, but on second thoughts I have found what might be a new bald patch so I guess that might have something to do with it.

Anyway, I can get over a few chocs & shall now get on with my day. Thanks for the kick up the bottom!

How are things at your end?

Xx

hello you! I'm good thank, struggled today because I'm having a bad day too but have been good and resisted chocolate/crisp binge so am pleased with myself! lol

I'm glad you didn't eat too many matey, you're doing good and we need to keep it that way. I'm going to go with the patch as to why you ate them, if you're anything like me that would be why I'd reach for the chocolate, don't be disheartened, there was some growth the other week so just keep thinking positive :) food plan for the rest of the day?

loho said:
hello you! I'm good thank, struggled today because I'm having a bad day too but have been good and resisted chocolate/crisp binge so am pleased with myself! lol

I'm glad you didn't eat too many matey, you're doing good and we need to keep it that way. I'm going to go with the patch as to why you ate them, if you're anything like me that would be why I'd reach for the chocolate, don't be disheartened, there was some growth the other week so just keep thinking positive :) food plan for the rest of the day?

I'm sorry to hear your day has been a bit rubbish but well done for resisting! It sounds like you got the hang of it really quickly. How close are you to your mini target?

Yes it's probably the hair that did it. My weight started to get out of control when my hair got very bad. But a lot has grown back, more than the possible new spot, so it is progress overall. I've also got a hospital appointment tomorrow I'm a bit worried about so that probably didn't help (although I know I'm being a big wimp!).

I wonder what the best way to comfort yourself without food is?

I have braised red cabbage & pork medallions tonight. All ready to go & all syn free! Ive got a friend coming over & we are going to go to a jazz bar afterwards, sp there will be a few more syns for a glass of wine but I reckon I can make up for it tomorrow.

How about you? Are you doing pancakes?

X

Wednesday food:

Breakfast - toast, bacon & tomatoes
Snack - grapes
Lunch - Persian onion soup, yoghurts
And then it goes downhill!
4x Thornton chocs (12 syns)
Dinner - pork medallions with spiced red cabbage. 3 glasses of red wine (15 syns)

HEXA - Missed
HEXB - bread
Syns - a massive 27!!!!!
Speed - 4

Well there are a few things to note from today's disaster. Firstly 3 syns for one thorntons chocolate?!? That's rubbish. Especially as I can get a mini flake for 4 syns. Note to self it's not worth it!

Also 15 syns on wine is a lot. If I'd had G&Ts instead I would be 9 syns better off. So in future if I'm having one drink I'll have my favourite red wine. If I'm planning to have more than one, or running low on. Syns I'll have a gin.

Mistakes are only bad if you don't learn from them.

And on with my day!

I've had a slightly painful hospital appointment and am feeling a bit sorry for myself so am planning to have an indulgent but on plan day:

Breakfast - toast, bacon, tomatoes (s) apple (s)
Snack fudge (6 syns)
Lunch - ready roast chicken, beetroot salad (s), mango (s)
Snack - 2 yoghurts, plum (s), apple (s), fruit salad (SS), half fudge (3 syns), cheese
Dinner - pork & spiced cabbage (s), half fudge (2 syns)

HEXA - cheese
HEXB - bread
Syns - 11
Speed foods - 9
Exercise - none (I really need to do something about this!)

Last edited:
Saw you on the SW at home thread so thought I would come subscribe to your diary :) well done for staying on plan when feeling rubbish day! x

icklerockchick said:
Saw you on the SW at home thread so thought I would come subscribe to your diary :) well done for staying on plan when feeling rubbish day! x

Hi rockchick,

Thanks for your message. Any encouragement or general chat is very much appreciated.

Xx

Thursday's food:
Breakfast - toast, smoked salmon
Snack - yellow plums (SS)
Lunch - Thai chicken salad (s s)
Snack - yellow plums (SS)
Dinner - cheese (HEXA) & ham omelette, toast, sweet chilli (2 syns), benecol (1 syn)
3 x G&T (6 syns), wine (5 syns)

HEXA - cheese
HEXB - bread
Syns - 14 syns
Speed - 4 (rubbish!)

I have to say I'm shocked that I stayed in my syns despite the drink. Gins are definitely the way forward!

I'm not on plan this weekend as I'm staying with my grandad but I'm trying to be as good as possible. It's not going terribly well to be honest but I'm having a lovely weekend & am having a very healthy food delivery on Sunday do its not the end of the world. Then I need to be good good good until Thursday!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend

Xx

I'm indulging in a bit of biggest loser USA partially because it's great but also to get me back in the zone for this afternoon.

My plan for this afternoon to WI is
- no booze
- 7 - 10 syns a day
- 7 speed foods
- use one of my gym passes
- use the stairs at work
- start doing rosemary Connelly exercises in the evening
- red days

I'm also going to try some syn free chicken pâté which will hopefully wonderful decadent feeling breakfast. I absolutely love pâté & thought it was not going to be allowed so I'm quite excited.

I'm also going to try a chicken nori wrap. On Friday I had to buy lunch & found a healthy lunch place which sold this & thought it was a fab idea. As I can't eat wheat lunch can be a bit problematic, especially if I'm on the go so I have high hopes for this.

R-E-D said:
Your week plan is looking good. :)

Thanks RED, now I just need to stick to it. I was so shattered last night after looking after my grandfather so the weekend that I didn't do any exercise & my shopping was so late I ended up having a solero & a fudge for dinner!

Onwards & upwards!

Xx

Back