Food diary of a serial dieter

holiday-dieter

Silver Member
So I'm back. Promise this will be my final diary and that I will get to target this time. How hard is this dieting malarcky meant to be? I've done most diets known to man
* SW (I've started over 100s of times, think it's the best one for me, so I'm back)
* WW (most recent failure -used points as an excuse for bread, crisps, chocolate, McDonalds bacon rolls etc)
* 5:2 (couldn't stand 2 days of being hungry - I like food)
* Atkins (not a big meat eater so it was a no-go from the start really)
* Dukan (confusing)
* South beach (equally as confusing)

You get the picture.. anyway, I like slimming world, know what I'm doing and have 100s of magazines and recipe books to help me out. Decided to try from home for now and keep a food diary to keep me on track.

All help/advice/tips/telling off greatly received!

:)

Week One:
Sunday 14th September 2014

HEXA: low fat cheese slices
HEXB: 2 400g wholemeal toast
Drinks: water, tea
Syns: crisps (5) milk splashes (2)

Brunch: Turkey rashers, fry-lite egg, mushrooms, beans
Dinner: Roast lamb, fry-lite roast potatoes, peas, mint salad, carrots, fry-lite parsnips
Snack: Cheese and tomato toastie and crisps

Monday 15th September

Hexa: cheese
Hexb: 2x 400g wholemeal
Drinks: water, tea
Syns: crisps 5 cheese slice 2 milk splashes 2 Breakfast: cheese slice toastie
Lunch: jacket pot, prawns and salad
Dinner: Mac n cheese (hexa)

Hi, here to sub.
I've done SW 100 times too and like you I'm determined this will be it!
I haven't tried WW but I did try the 5:2 diet without much success, I tended to be ok in work all day then got home and wanted to eat the entire fridge! I think I only managed to stick to the 500kcals once in 2 weeks of trying.
I tried low cal as well, which I thought was pretty good (trying to stick to 1300-1500 a day) but I was so sick of counting everything!

Good luck, you sound determined so I'm sure you'll stay on track!
Can I ask how you made your mac n cheese? I love the traditional version, but wouldn't get away with making that with just one HEXA. So I'd be interested to hear what your version is x

Hey manic week at work, been full of cold and had internet problems so haven't logged on for ages!

Mac n Cheese - not sure of quantities as I'm a bit of a guesser but all free food apart from the hexa of cheese:

Dried Macaroni
Cherry Toms
Spring Onions
Cup of veg stock
dollops of tomato puree
tbsp mustard
tub of fat free natural yoghurt
2 eggs
sprinkle of garlic powder
red Leicester cheese (120g - 30g per person) HEXA

Cook macaroni according to pack instructions
Meanwhile fry cherry toms and sliced spring onions with a sprinkle of garlic
In a bowl mix yoghurt, tomato puree, mustard, beaten eggs and veg stock. Stir in the tomatoes and spring onions, when ready stir in the cooked macaroni. Stir in about half of the cheese
Pour into a dish, scatter oven remainder cheese and cook for about 20-25 mins on 180

:)

Thanks for the recipe. Trouble is my hubby is awfully fussy with anything pretending to be a creamy sauce, think cottage cheese, quark, egg etc. sounds yummy though,

I may try doing one with a synned white sauce of skimmed milk and cornflour, and a HEXA (or 2) of cheese, on a green day of course!

How's your day going?x

Week One: Weight 15st 3.5lbs

Monday 13th Oct

Breakfast: Cheese Slice Toastie (3.5 syns + HexB) with tomatoes
Lunch: M&S Count on Us Thai Red curry (2.5 syns)
Dinner: Sausage Arribiata and Parmesan (1.5 syns + HexA)

Snack: Crisps (5 syns)
Lots of water/SF squash

Total Syns: 12.5

Meh will I EVER get on plan!!!! Oh well, tomorrow is another day. :) I've had a terrible couple of weeks food wise, I can't stop eating! xx

You and me both. Last week was a 'stuff my face' holiday, and the previous week was a 'I'm in holiday mode already so may as well stuff my face' week!
Let's get back on it this week, we can do it!

Definitely need to get back on track!!

Breakfast - bacon sandwich (hexb)

Lunch - left over pasta (hexa)

Dinner - undecided

Syns - sausages 1 crisps 8 milk 6

Total 14syns

Back