Food diary using 1,2,3 success system!

alyrose

My mum has all the old 1, 2, 3 Success! booklets and such and as a poor student, I can't afford to go to meetings and I haven't heard great things about ProPoints from friends so I'm quite happy to follow the old system and it works for me :) I'm allowed 18 points a day, 20 on weekdays as I walk for two hours as part of my commute!

I find writing out a food plan each day for the next day to be very useful too in stopping snacking and overeating! Today I plan to eat:

Breakfast: Cornflakes, semi-skimmed milk and fresh orange juice (4)
Snack: Apple (0.5) and maybe a banana if still hungry (1) Coffee (1)
Lunch: Tomato soup (2) and 2 slices of bread with low-fat margarine (3)
Snack: Nutri-grain bar (2.5)
Dinner: WW spicy lentil pasta sauce on 3oz pasta (4.5)

Total: 18.5

(might have another coffee later too if I fancy!)

Ate my apple but still hungry so about to have the banana too, drinking lots of water at my desk as well! :)

My soup was lovely at lunch, lots of flavour and warmed me up! Although I sat with people talking about McDonalds and brownies - not helpful! :(

Forgot to mention the pot of raspberry jelly which is 1 point too, having that just now yum! :) So 19.5 in total if I eat everything. Didnt eat the banana just yet, work got busy!

Yesterday I had everything I planned to and went to ASDA after work to buy some WW cakes so I don't feel deprived of yummy things! We got the lemon slices and the brownies and have added some to our big ASDA order arriving tomorrow as they are DELICIOUS and only 1 point :) Munching away on a lemon slice as I type :)

So today's plan is...

Breakfast: cornflakes and OJ (4)
Snack: Skinny Coffee (1) and lemon slice (1)
Lunch: Soup (1) bread (3)
Snack: Apple (0.5) and small jam sandwich (1.5)

That leaves me between 6 - 8 for dinner which is plenty! Not sure what I'm having just yet but if it's low enough and I have points to spare I'll be having a WW brownie after to satisfy my sweet tooth! :)

I will usually write my plan the day before on a post-it or in a booklet, anywhere really! And it helps me plan my day out so I won't get hungry in between meals and so I can control my points. I don't know why but I find it a lot easier to stick to rather than counting them as I go! That way, I KNOW I'll have a certain number of point left for dinner instead of running out and panicking!

Best of luck starkissedx! :)

After a horrendously unhealthy weekend I am back and ready to be healthy! We spent yesterday in Blackpool and I could feel my teeth rotting with the amount of sugar we consumed! We had a really good time and enjoyed treating ourselves but my boyfriend and I are back on the wagon 100% commited :)

Today's plan is:

Breakfast: Cornflakes and orange juice (4)
Lunch: Tomato soup and 2x slices of bread (4.5)
Dinner: Allowed 6 points, not sure what to have yet!
Snacks: I have brought quite a few healthy snacks to work as I get really hungry, not sure if I will eat them all or not but here they are:
WW brownie (1)
Apple (0.5)
Banana (1)
Nutri-grain (2)
WW lemon slice (1)

So that's a total of 20 points today if I eat everything, if not lower :)

Oh and a coffee this morning (1) so might skip that lemon slice or swap it for the nutri-grain bar :)

So far had my breakfast and lunch as planned, a WW brownie and a coffee so in total 10.5 points. I have 9.5 to play around with my dinners are around 6 on average so I will save that, not sure what my OH is cooking tonight! Leaving me 2.5 for afternoon snacks today. Perhaps a coffee and lemon slice later then my fruit on the way home :)

Also drinking lots of water at work and done an hour walking to work, with anothe hour on the way home!

Feeling great :D

Thank you! Good to be back, feel much better when eating right :) My OH is doing it too which helps as he can tell me off for eating more than I should!

I know what you mean about feeling better when you eat right,plus it's nice that your OH is doing it aswell as you can support each other that way :0)

Yeah it's great, I know having someone there eating a big slice of cake in front of you is the worst possible temptation! Glad I don't have that, just lots of fruit in our house! :)

My OH hasn't followed it properly for the last couple of months but hopefully he will get back into it more when he goes back to Uni and we have more money ;0)
But yea it can be hard if someone else is having cake etc in front of you!

I've just introduced him to the system and he likes it so far because he can still have 'naughty' things just in moderation but he has such bad habbits! He doesn't eat breakfast at all, just lunch around 3pm then dinner at 8pm which I think is quite unhealthy and no idea how he can do that I'd be starving! Also, because of this he isn't eating his reccomended 30 points a day, he's eating 20 which is what I'm supposed to have yet I'm about 10 inches smaller, female and 7 stone less than him! Ugh he just doesn't listen lol! Typical man...

Lol they often don't listen ;0) yea mine would ignore eating for ages if I wasn't around! I can't do that,like you I would be starving aswell.Thats great he is happy with the plan.Thats one of the things I like about WW aswell,all in moderation..nothing is banned!

That's why I like it too, and it teaches me lessons (such as moderation and foods that are surprisingly bad!) and even if I'm not on WW I still carry those lessons around with me. It teaches me how to eat properly and how little food we actually need compared to what I've eaten in the past :)

I agree..it is amazingly what food habits we do pick up over the years! Am hoping my life style change will stay with me once I reach goal though I will have this site to keep me on the straight and narrow ;0)

I'm sure it will! You've done so well you wouldn't want to lose all your hard work :)

I have used 11.5 points so far today, and am allowed 20 a day. So 8.5 left, think I will have that nutri-grain now since I'm getting peckish taking my total to 13.5! Plenty left for some fruit on my way home then mushroom stir fry for dinner with a low fat garlic and soy sauce :)

Back