Food Diary - Where am I Going Wrong? Help Needed... :) Red & Green Days X

Hey Lilly here to subscribe! Loving all your lunches and teas! I'm doing red and green days so it's nice to see someone else doing slimming world the old school way :) Im so going to try your chilli you put the ingredients to, I love how you do that so people know how you have made it! Well done on your losses so far chick xxx

Hi Gill :) Aw thanks! I will subscribe right back, well done on your first loss coming back, hope there is many more to come! :) Happy to see another old schooler too! Haha..I just find it loads easier when I dont eat that much meat, i may as well stick to the green days. I hope you like the chilli, i make it all the time, my freezer is full of tubs so i have it ready haha xx

4th March - Green Day
Hi everyone, hope your ok :)

Breakfast -
Skipped - Was too busy at work so just sat gulping on water!

Lunch -
Bowl of vegetable stew / soup - Carrots, pea's, onions, sweet potato, pasta shells, mixed peppers, mixed beans, tomatoes, stock, seasoning - Free

Dinner -
1 egg omelette - Free
2 large field mushrooms - Free
Half a can of beans - Free
3 quorn sausages - 3 syns
Brown sauce - 1 syn
1 sweet potato 1 normal potato wedges - free

Planned Evening snack -
2 weetbix - Healthy B
Almond Milk - Healthy A

Drinks -
2 litre of plain water

Syns -
3 quorn sausages - 3 syns
Malteser Bunny - 7.5 syns
Brown sauce - 1 syn
1 Triangle of toberlone - 3.5 syns ( not even worth it, i wanted the whole thing! Haha )
= 15 syns.

Going for a walk tonight to try and burn off all the chocolate today haha, just one of those days, I would of happily sat and ate chocolate all day long!

Weigh in day tomorrow and just not feeling that confident at all! Had a rubbish week really, not that i even cheated once, but with not feeling well, I hardly ate, and I just have a feeling it probably worked against me, but fingers crossed !! Hope your all having a good slimming day xx

3rd March - Extra Easy

Breakfast -
Skipped :( Was in too much of a rush.

Lunch
Went out for a carvery!!
Had all the veg they had with gammon, the only things to syn were -
Gravy - 4 syns
Mash ( smallest bit ever ) - 2 syns
Stuffing - 2 syns

Dinner -
Cheese and Brocolli Pasta N Sauce - 1 syns
fresh broccolli - Free

Evening Snack -
2 weetabix - HealthY B
Almond Milk - Healthy A

Drinks -
2 litre of plain water

Syns -
Gravy - 4 syns
Mash ( smallest bit ever ) - 2 syns
Stuffing - 3 syns
Cheese and Brocolli Pasta N Sauce - 1 syns
Syns = 10

Would you believe i forgot to weigh in this morning !!! I over slept and had to rush out the house as i was meeting my Mum :( Going to weigh in tomorrow morning instead but dont expect great things after going out for lunch today xx

Your food does look good Lilly. I think I will follow some of your green days in particular your stew/soup on the 4th.

I don`t know how I missed visiting your diary. It is so different.

Good luck for weigh in Friday. Me too tho not feeling very confident.

Your food does look good Lilly. I think I will follow some of your green days in particular your stew/soup on the 4th.

I don`t know how I missed visiting your diary. It is so different.

Good luck for weigh in Friday. Me too tho not feeling very confident.

Thank you Doreen lovely of you to say :) Let me know if you try anything. Let me know how you do this week, I bet it will be better than you expect x

Hiya guys x

I weighed in today due to the mega rush yesterday! I lost 3lb's :) Very pleased!

Takes me to 19.5lb's in 7 weeks :) Aiming for the 1.5lb at least next week to get my 1 and a half stone x

Hope you all have a good slimming day! x

Last edited:
Hiya guys x I weighed in today due to the mega rush yesterday! I lost 3lb's :) Very pleased! Takes me to 19.5lb's in 7 weeks :) Aiming for the 1.5lb at least next week to get my 1 and a half stone x Hope you all have a good slimming day! x

Well done Lilly! That's brilliant!! Can't believe you forgot to weigh in the other day hehe :) im sure you will get your 1 and a half stone next week!! Xx

6th March - Green Day

Breakfast -
Porridge Oats - Healthy B
Almond Milk - Healthy A
4 Strawberries cut up
Sweetener
1 Large green tea's with fresh lemon

Late Lunch -
Bowl of boiled rice - Free
Mushroom Stroganoff ( Mixed Mushrooms, onions, mixed peppers, carrots, stock, quark ) - Free

Dinner -
Vegetable stew - Carrots, pea's, onions, sweet potato, small pasta shells, tomatoes, mixed beans, mixed peppers, stock, brocolli - Free

Drinks -
1.5 litre of plain water
1 large Gree Tea's with lemon

Syns -
Made a birthday cake.. No actual cake eaten but I was so annoyed it because it all went wrong, i took to the left over cake mix :( Lol x Im going to count 15 syns for that, just in case! Haha x

6th March - Green Day

Breakfast -
Almond Milk - Healthy A
4 Strawberries cut up
Sweetener

Late Lunch -
Bowl of boiled rice - Free
Mushroom Stroganoff ( Mixed Mushrooms, onions, mixed peppers, carrots, stock, quark ) - Free

Dinner -
Vegetable stew - Carrots, pea's, onions, sweet potato, small pasta shells, tomatoes, mixed beans, mixed peppers, stock, brocolli - Free

Drinks -
1.5 litre of plain water

Syns -
Made a birthday cake.. No actual cake eaten but I was so annoyed it because it all went wrong, i took to the left over cake mix :( Lol x Im going to count 15 syns for that, just in case! Haha x

You seem to be doing so well hun! I've finally decided to face my weight problem after being obese since I was in my early teens. At the moment, I'm finding it easy to stick to the extra easy days and as I'm not actually attending a group as of yet because of the lack of time, I'm finding the books helpful! I had a 5 lb weight loss this week, something that although I'm happy with, I thought would be a bit more as I've been so good and do have a lot of weight to lose. I guess everyone loses weight differently! I'm determined to stick to this one!! I hope you're well! xx

7th March - Green Day

Breakfast -
Almond Milk - Healthy A
4 Strawberries cut up
Sweetener

Lunch -
Bowl of quorn sausage casarole / stew - ( This is seriously good! )

*Two carrots - Free
*1 large red onion - Free
*Half a red pepper, half yellow, half green - Free
*Cup of frozen pea's - Free
*1 can of Heinz five beans - Free
*1 can of normal baked beans - Free
*1 can of tomatoes - Free
*1 stock cube and used 1 empty can and filled it with water for stock - Free
*Mushrooms - Lots diced up - Free
*3 Linda Mcartney quorn Vegetarian sausages, the frozen kind - Halfed and cut in to mini chunks - 6 syns - The whole thing will make at least 3 portions, maybe 4, so just split the syns 3 ways, but you could use the free ones if you cant find them, i never can, or normal sausages etc.
*Hand full of small pasta shells, the kind you would put in a minastrone or something - If you use the small kind, add it in a few minutes before everything else is cooked because it doesn't need much time to cook - Free
*2 hand fulls of spinach, diced up - Added this at the end also just to wilt it - Free
*I like mine with a spice so i used a jerk seasoning grinder along with lots of smoked paprika and a garlic and chilli grinder for seasoning.

I just throw all this in a pan and cook it up, you could even put it in a slow cooker, its really nice, really tasty and filling xx

Dinner -
Cheese and Broc Pasta N Sauce - 1 Syn

Drinks -
1.5 litre of plain water

Syns -
1 Plain pancake with a bit of butter cream ( made a crepe cake after yesterdays disaster and this was testing it! lol ) - 4 syns
Bowl of sausage casarole - 2 syns
Cheese and Broc Pasta N Sauce - 1 Syn
Syns = 7syns

Found out today that the quorn sausages i eat are 2syns each not 1 ! Heart broken, no wonder they were so nice haha x Hope your all having a good weekend! x

You seem to be doing so well hun! I've finally decided to face my weight problem after being obese since I was in my early teens. At the moment, I'm finding it easy to stick to the extra easy days and as I'm not actually attending a group as of yet because of the lack of time, I'm finding the books helpful! I had a 5 lb weight loss this week, something that although I'm happy with, I thought would be a bit more as I've been so good and do have a lot of weight to lose. I guess everyone loses weight differently! I'm determined to stick to this one!! I hope you're well! xx

Hiya, thank you! Well done on starting, its always the hardest bit! And you sound just like me, I always expect a bit more when i lose haha, but as long as its coming off, I've realised thats the best thing and not the other way x I dont go to group either, I just dont have the time, but i'm enjoying doing it at home just the same, maybe even more, a bit less pressure. When i went to group last time, towards the end i just hated going so I like that if i slip up, there is no judgement on me at home lol. Good luck! Hope there is many more losses to come xx

Hiya, thank you! Well done on starting, its always the hardest bit! And you sound just like me, I always expect a bit more when i lose haha, but as long as its coming off, I've realised thats the best thing and not the other way x I dont go to group either, I just dont have the time, but i'm enjoying doing it at home just the same, maybe even more, a bit less pressure. When i went to group last time, towards the end i just hated going so I like that if i slip up, there is no judgement on me at home lol. Good luck! Hope there is many more losses to come xx

Thank you, and to you too! If you don't mind me asking, what are you hoping to lose altogether? And are you doing green/red/easy or a mix of all? Just need to know how to get started and stay on track! x

Thank you, and to you too! If you don't mind me asking, what are you hoping to lose altogether? And are you doing green/red/easy or a mix of all? Just need to know how to get started and stay on track! x

To be honest If i was to think about it, I probably have about 7 stone to lose in all to be perfect and healthy, but i try not to think of it that way. I haven't set a target or anything like that, I've set some mini ones for across the year, but I just want to keep going and feel as little pressure as possible. I think if i said to myself I want to get down to such and such weight, it would put me off because it would seem so daunting, so I'm just doing little targets every few months to break it down a bit. Plus I am never going to be totally perfect, so just want to keep going the best i can :)

I also have an old skirt from when i met my boyfriend 11 years ago, that I would just be thrilled to fit back in to, so using that as a little incentive too, and its my 30th birthday in January so that's a bit incentive as well. Setting little targets and having things to push me through is definitely how I'm managing to cope at the minute xx I always do green days really, i eat very little meat so its what works best for me, or if i do eat meat i do an extra easy but it is quite rare, or because if i do a green day, you get two healthy extra B's, i would use the meat as one of those.

I bet you will do great! Maybe try and set little targets too? Things to keep you motivated, little days out and things to look forward to and move towards as well? xx

Last edited:
To be honest If i was to think about it, I probably have about 7 stone to lose in all to be perfect and healthy, but i try not to think of it that way. I haven't set a target or anything like that, I've set some mini ones for across the year, but I just want to keep going and feel as little pressure as possible. I think if i said to myself I want to get down to such and such weight, it would put me off because it would seem so daunting, so I'm just doing little targets every few months to break it down a bit. Plus I am never going to be totally perfect, so just want to keep going the best i can :)

I also have an old skirt from when i met my boyfriend 11 years ago, that I would just be thrilled to fit back in to, so using that as a little incentive too, and its my 30th birthday in January so that's a bit incentive as well. Setting little targets and having things to push me through is definitely how I'm managing to cope at the minute xx I always do green days really, i eat very little meat so its what works best for me, or if i do eat meat i do an extra easy but it is quite rare, or because if i do a green day, you get two healthy extra B's, i would use the meat as one of those.

I bet you will do great! Maybe try and set little targets too? Things to keep you motivated, little days out and things to look forward to and move towards as well? xx

​The little targets are something I hadn't really thought about to be honest, but they might make my eventual target seem less daunting, so thank you for the suggestion! I'm just a bit worried that my weight loss will dry up with the eating of so many carbs (especially pasta!) but I guess SW works, so I'll just keep at it and if my weight loss does start to dwindle, I'll try a red or green day! I eat a lot of meat and pasta so the EE day seems best to suit my diet.. We shall see! Xx

​The little targets are something I hadn't really thought about to be honest, but they might make my eventual target seem less daunting, so thank you for the suggestion! I'm just a bit worried that my weight loss will dry up with the eating of so many carbs (especially pasta!) but I guess SW works, so I'll just keep at it and if my weight loss does start to dwindle, I'll try a red or green day! I eat a lot of meat and pasta so the EE day seems best to suit my diet.. We shall see! Xx

I went through a stage of calorie counting and thought the exact same, got scared of carbs, but just go with everything this diet tells you hun and you will be fine, try not to worry too much. Good luck! Let me know how you do this week, good luck for the half a stone xx

8th March - Green Day

Breakfast -
Almond Milk - Healthy A
3 Strawberries cut up
Sweetener
2 Large green tea's with fresh lemon

Lunch -
Chicken and Mushroom Pasta N Sauce - Free
Mushrooms added - Free

Dinner -
Two potatoes, made in to wedges - Free
Half a can of beans - Free
Mushroom, pepper and red onion SW quiche - Free

Drinks -
1.5 litre of plain water
2 large Gree Tea's with lemon

Syns -
Skinny Chai Tea Latte Powder - 3 syns
Total - 3 syns

Hope your all ok and having a good slimming weekend! :)

Nothing much to say about today, had a really good slimming day i think and kept my syns low. I have a weird feeling i will gain this week, i went three weeks last time and put on for no reason, so have a strange feeling i will do the same as its been three weeks since, so going to be extra good and see what happens! xx

Back