Food Diary - Where am I Going Wrong? Help Needed... :) Red & Green Days X

Your food is looking so good Lilly. I do hope you get a weight loss. I love the sound of your lunch of sausage casserole.mmI do love it when we can cook something like that and make several portions from itl.

9th March - Green Day
Hi everyone, hope your ok :)

Breakfast -
3 Weetabix - Healthy B + 3 syns
Almond Milk - Healthy A
Sweetener
1 Large green tea's with fresh lemon

Lunch -
Small Bowl of quorn sausage and vegetable stew - 1 syns

Early Dinner -
3 quorn sausages - 6 syns
2 large potatoes cut in to wedges - Free
2 large field mushrooms - Free
Half a can of beans - Free
Ketchup - 1 syn

Evening snack -
Boiled Rice - Free
Mixed Vegetables - Free
Sauce - 4 syns

Drinks -
2 litre of plain water
1 large Gree Tea's with lemon

Syns -
1 Weetabix - 3 syns
Bowl of quorn sausage and vegetable stew - 1 syns
3 quorn sausages - 6 syns
Ketchup - 1 syn
Sauce - 4 syns
= 15 syns

I had one of those days where i felt like i could keep eating and eating all day long :( Tried my best though, probably ate a little too much portion wise, but rather do that than give in and order a pizza i suppose! Lol. Hope your all having a good slimming day xxx

How strange, just before I read this Lily I was thinking of how hungry I feel today. I had a ham sarni with took my syns to 9.5 so no more syns today. I was hungry last night and 2 hrs after my cooked breakfast this morning too. Not sure why though.

I had a herbal tea a couple of hours ago and at the moment I have got great discomfort at the base of my head. I do hope I am not going to have trouble drinking these. I was going to try and save on mik and have 1/2 my A in cheese. Wil have to see now.

I got the stuff in today to make your soup. Will let you know how it goes.

How strange, just before I read this Lily I was thinking of how hungry I feel today. I had a ham sarni with took my syns to 9.5 so no more syns today. I was hungry last night and 2 hrs after my cooked breakfast this morning too. Not sure why though.

I had a herbal tea a couple of hours ago and at the moment I have got great discomfort at the base of my head. I do hope I am not going to have trouble drinking these. I was going to try and save on mik and have 1/2 my A in cheese. Wil have to see now.

I got the stuff in today to make your soup. Will let you know how it goes.

Oh no, hope your feeling a bit better now? I often have that when i drink green tea on an empty stomach or when im really hungry, seems to have that kind of effect. Yes please let me know how it goes, hope you like it, always good to try some new things. When is your weigh in day this week? Let me know how you do :)x

10th March - Green Day

Breakfast -
Porridge Oats - Healthy B
Almond Milk - Healthy A
3 Strawberries cut up
Sweetener

Lunch -
Pizza Wrap -
1 wholemeal torilla - 9 syns :( :( :(
Green red and yellow peppers - Free
Red onion - Free
Mushrooms - Free
Tomato puree - Free
3 Light triangles broke up in to chunks - Healthy A ( Having 2 today, it does say you can when you need it on a green day )

I just placed the wrap flat in the oven, topped it off with everything and baked it. Was a little thin to have as a propper pizza lol, so just rolled it up and cut it in to bits and was sooooo nice. I have been craving pizza something silly, so hopefully this helps a bit haha.x

Dinner -
Boiled Rice - Free
Mushrooms / Mixed Peppers / Red Onion - Free
Chicken Breast - Healthy B
Sauce - 4 syns

Drinks -
2 litre of plain water

Syns -
1 wholemeal torilla - 9 syns
Sauce - 4 syns
= 13 syns

Hope your all having a good day!! xx

11th March - Green Day

Breakfast -
Almond Milk - Healthy A
3 Strawberries cut up
Sweetener

Lunch -
Spanish Fritata -
Mushrooms / red onions / mixed peppers - Free
2 small potatoes cut in small chunks - Free
3 eggs - Free
quark - Free
Spices and herbs - Free
Half a can of beans - Free
15g of grated cheese - Healthy A

2 squares of dark chocolate - 2 syns

Dinner -
Mushrooms - Lots of! - Free
Half a red, yellow and green pepper - Free
Half a red onion - Free
Two handfuls of spinach - Free
Dry egg noodles - Free
Stir fry sauce - 4 syns

Drinks -
2 litre of plain water

Syns -
2 squares of dark chocolate - 2 syns
Stir fry sauce - 4 syns

Weigh in day tomorrow... Not looking forward to this one but i'll let you all know x

I have a really busy week next week, I am off work for 5 days, we have the horses on the Wednesday and its my partners birthday on the Saturday, so lots of being good with syns and planning needed, so if i don't get a loss this week i really hope for a good one next week before those two days out!

Hope your all having a good day xx

Weighed in... Gained 3.5lbs :(

I really have no idea why on it would be, i feel like I've been really good this week & I've done loads more walking that normal too.

I can only put it down to being a woman! Lol.. The first 3 weeks i lost, then i gained, I have lost for the last 3 weeks and now I've gained again, so i think its just that one week of the month! :(

I have been to Tesco, stocked up on more veg and things. Going to do a few red days this week, hopefully that will help me shift this gain and some more ready for weigh in next week. Going to try and have some soups for lunch & i'm also making quorn shepherds pie tonight :)

Takes me to -16lbs in 8 weeks now, I would of hoped for more but never mind! I want to aim for a big 5lbs next week now to get my 1stone 7lbs, so here we go xxx

Hey Lilly good luck for weigh in today! Sure you will do well! Loving your food this week! You use your syns so well too! :)
And yay to being off! You know how the diet works, so I'm sure a look at the menus where you are going will help and making the right choices you will be fine! Xxx

Thanks hun, it didnt go great but im not worried, i know i haven't done anything wrong that i know of, so ill just try extra hard this week! x

I have planned my alcohol for the races, i bought 3 mini bottles of malibu and 6 mini cans of diet lemonade, so that in all will be 15 syns, so i can sneak that in and at least know where i am syn wise with my drinks haha. Its the first bit of alcohol ive had in 8 weeks, so im looking forward to it! :D The only thing i will have to cheat with is the food, I know they only have burger vans and things there, so ill just have to try my best xxx

I'm glad you are staying positive Hun and so you should you are doing awesome and you know if you stick to the plan it will come off!

You are definitely super organised with the drinks, main priority :D I wonder if you haven't had any booze in that time that you will get slughtly tipsy quickly :rolleyes: you can't stick to the diet 100% all the time you need to live a little don't ya?! I have a wedding next week and I've been thinking I won't eat all of that and not eat this and that's not anyway to live life! This is a journey and we are gonna have losses and gains as long as we don't go back to where we started then it's all good in the hood :pxxx

I'm glad you are staying positive Hun and so you should you are doing awesome and you know if you stick to the plan it will come off!

You are definitely super organised with the drinks, main priority :D I wonder if you haven't had any booze in that time that you will get slughtly tipsy quickly :rolleyes: you can't stick to the diet 100% all the time you need to live a little don't ya?! I have a wedding next week and I've been thinking I won't eat all of that and not eat this and that's not anyway to live life! This is a journey and we are gonna have losses and gains as long as we don't go back to where we started then it's all good in the hood :pxxx

Oh that really made me feel better, your right, I was feeling a bit pants that I had still only lost so little, but Im not giving up any time soon and as long as this comes off next week, I am still in a better place that I was, so i cant complain :) Im really looking forward to next week actually, will be my first treat in 8 weeks! So i am going to enjoy myself, i just wont go as silly as i normally would xx & I probably will get tipsy quick actually haha!! & If you can celebrate and have fun at a wedding, when can you! Enjoy yourself and just get on plan straight after and you will be fine! Hope you have a great time xx

Aaww im sorry hun but im glad ur stayin positive u r doin so well.. when inused 2 do ww everytime i was due on i wud gain that week xxx

12th March - Red Day ( Well no meat but no carbs either! lol )

Breakfast -
Almond Milk - Healthy A
2 Strawberries cut up / Some blueberries / 5 raspberries
Sweetener
2 large green tea with lemon

Lunch -
1 Linda Mcartney Mushroom and Spinach burger - 1 syn
1 Field mushroom - Free
1 Stuffed Red pepper - Stuffed with Mushrooms, spinach, onion, courgette and spicy rice mixed together. 2 laughing cow triangles placed in the middle of it all & baked - Free, Healthy B for the rice & 3 syns for the triangles

Dinner -
Slimming world quorn cottage pie ( Onion, leek, carrots, stock, tin of tomatoes, herbs and quorn mince ) topped with carrot and swede mash - Free
Garden Pea's - Free
Steamed Broccolli - Free

Drinks -
2 litre of plain water

Syns -
2 light laughing cow triangles - 3 syns
7 sugar free Werthers originals - 4 syns ( Ate these before knowing they were half a syn each! Criminal haha )
= 8 syns

My first red day in a long while and really enjoyed it actually! I made multiples of everything, so going to have the same for tomorrow's meals, hoping two red days at least will really give me a boost :) Hope your all having a good day xx

Aaww im sorry hun but im glad ur stayin positive u r doin so well.. when inused 2 do ww everytime i was due on i wud gain that week xxx

Yeah definitely, i think i must just hold water like a sponge! Haha, but at least there is a pattern in my gains, so i dont think it is anything i'm doing wrong. Going to keep going just as i am xx Hope your ok and this week is going just as well as last, hope you get another big loss on Wednesday! xx

It seems to be the way, every time I diet I lose for a few weeks, then put a fraction of it back on.. and it just repeats itself over and over again! Don't get down about it hun, just think - you're more likely to have a nice big weight loss next week! (fingers crossed :)) x

It seems to be the way, every time I diet I lose for a few weeks, then put a fraction of it back on.. and it just repeats itself over and over again! Don't get down about it hun, just think - you're more likely to have a nice big weight loss next week! (fingers crossed :)) x

Ohh thank you, glad its not just me! I am hoping for a 5 next week to get my 1stone 7lbs, so fingers crossed! :D Good luck to you xx

13th March - Green / Extra Easy - Who know's.

Breakfast -
Almond Milk - Healthy A
2 Strawberries cut up / Some blueberries / 5 raspberries
Sweetener

Lunch -
1 Stuffed Red pepper - Stuffed with Mushrooms, spinach, onion, courgette and spicy rice mixed together. 1 laughing cow triangles placed in the middle of it all & baked - Free, Healthy B for the rice & 1.5 syns for the triangles
Side of mushrooms, brocolli, spinach, courgette, spices & mixed in some extra rice - Free

Dinner -
Slimming world quorn cottage pie ( Onion, leek, carrots, stock, tin of tomatoes, herbs and quorn mince ) topped with carrot and swede mash - Free
Steamed Broccoli & cauliflower - Free

Drinks -
2 litre of plain water

Syns -
1 light laughing cow triangles - 1.5 syns
4 sugar free werthers originals - 2 syns
Gravy pot - 1 syn
Coco Pops Porridge - 5 syns
= 10.5 syns

Boring today guys, just the same as yesterday but have really enjoyed the food. I sneaky weighed in this morning and some of the weight has moved off already so really happy its moving downwards at least, fingers crossed for the rest of the week now :) Hope your all having a good day!! xx

Last edited:
So sorry about your gain, such a shame. Like others have said it is good to hear you being so positive.
You are doing so well.

I had a small gain this week, but I know I overdo it on the portions. I am rather a foodaholic but my head is in the right place. Yours certainly is Lily. Keep going xxx

Back