Food Diary

FranN

I'm a newbie here, just wanted to start a thread to put down what I've eaten/plan to eat and whether this is ok amount to be eating.

Normal food intake for a day:

Breakfast: 2 shredded wheats with a banana and skimmed milk
Lunch: Tin of tomato soup
Dinner: Quorn/veggie meal of some sort e.g quorn casserole with veggies and rice or quorn escalope with salad.

I try not to snack between meals, if anything it's a special k bar or some dried fruit after dinner but am not always hungry for anything. If anyone could let me know if this is an all right amount of calories - am estimating it at around 1000 calories which I think is about right? I have about 2 stone to lose now, preferably 3 but keeping it realistic, and have lost over a stone since last month so the plan seems to work :) Just don't want to be limiting myself too much, although I'm not starving all the time so I can see myself being able to stick to this I hope!

Heya, im very new too. I did start dieting from the 1st of January but I have let myself slip as I haven't been doing the exercise. What you have been eating seems to be a pretty good amount although I dont really follow calories. At the moment I am trying not to eat Carbs in the evening which lost me 7lbs in the first week but never lost anything the second week which was expected.

I definately think that if what you have been doing has worked for you previously to stick to it as you cant do any better than what you have done if you have lost weight :)

Maybe you can help me out too as I need a few tips, what do you recommend to me considering you have lost a stone already, what do you find has worked for you? x

Thanks, yes I think I will stick with this if it's been working.

What's your daily food plan at the moment? I am trying to stay away from having toast for breakfast and instead having a bowl of wholegrain cereal with a piece of fruit instead. I try to include as much veggies in my main meal as possible, you can give yourself more veggies than meat as that can help fill you up but is less calorific. Although at the same time protein is meant to fill you up too, I'm a veggie though so I don't always manage to eat a lot of protein.

Apart from that, try to keep snacks as healthy as you can e.g some fruit or rice cakes and try to move more. I've just bought a cross trainer which I like to use 4 days a week or so and try to walk the dogs on my days off to help me stay moving. Hope that was some help, good luck!

Just to add my food plan for today:

Breakfast: 2 slices of toast. Usually try to have cereal instead but knew I wouldn't be having much lunch today.
Lunch: 2 rice cakes with cream cheese spread and some red pepper
Dinner: Will be having quorn shepherds pie with vegetables
Snacks: 1 chocolate biscuit

Just used the cross trainer as well for 35 minutes, which apparently burnt 400 calories :D

Last edited:
Today's food:

Breakfast: 2 x weetabix and a banana with skimmed milk
Lunch: Tin of tomato soup
Dinner: Vegetable stew with dumpings
Snack: Rice cake with some cottage cheese

Didn't use the cross trainer today but have done a 12 hour shift at work which must burn quite a few calories :)

Last edited:
Today:

Breakfast: 2 slices of toast
Lunch: 3/4 of an apple with cottage cheese and a piece of bread
Dinner: Jacket potato with cottage cheese and salad
Snacks: 1 yoghurt

Lost another 3 pounds since monday and have done an hours walk and 15 minutes on the cross trainer today :)

Feeling so positive today as I seem to look much thinner than I have done before :D

Food plan for today is:

Breakfast: Bowl of frosties. Not very healthy but will work it off later
Lunch: Bread with some houmous and red pepper on
Dinner: Will be roasted vegetables with some rice
Snacks: An apple

About to go on walk with the dogs and will use the cross trainer later for half an hour

Last edited:
Forgot to do yesterday so will put it down now:

B: 2 slices of toast
L: Tin of tomato soup
D: Roast vegetables and potatoes with gravy
Snacks: A carrot

And today:

B: Bowl of cinnamon grahams with skimmed milk
L: Vegetable soup with 1 slice of bread, no butter
D: Will be having tortellini with sauce
Snacks: Some houmous on small piece of bread and will probably have some fruit after dinner

Cross trainer for 25 minutes as well :)

Last edited:
You seem to be right on track, well done on keeping up a positive attitude - plus your thighs will thank you soon for all that cross training! :)
Heather

Forgot to do yesterdays but I was fine until evening when I ate half a pack of haribo and a kitkat. I suppose not too bad as you do need treats sometimes but didn't really want to eat them. Oh well.

Today:

Breakfast: 2 slices of granary toast with marmite
Lunch: Homemade vegetable soup with 1 slice of granary bread
Dinner: Will be having vegetable stir fry
Snacks: None so far but will have a yoghurt or something so I have some more protein

Walked the dogs for an hour and a bit and have just used the cross trainer for 45 minutes - longest I've used it for so far! :D

Today:

B: 2 slices of granary toast
L: Tin of soup and a fruit cereal bar
D: Quorn casserole with rice and green beans
Snacks: Packet of dried pineapple and 1 rice cake with some cottage cheese on

Exercise: cross trainer for 20 minutes this morning and then did a 12 hour shift at work

Last edited:
Today:

Breakfast: 2 slices of wholemeal toast with marmite
Lunch: Chocolate spread sandwich, not the best choice but oh well
Dinner: Will be having beans on toast
Snacks: 1 x piece of lemon cake

Haven't so healthy today but oh well it's just 1 day. Might use the cross trainer later but depends if I feel up to it, have used it quite a bit this week so am not too fussed if I don't get round to it :)

well done on your weight loss so far! and the 'i feel thin- or thinner to be more precise' is a great feeling isnt it! :D

well done on your weight loss so far! and the 'i feel thin- or thinner to be more precise' is a great feeling isnt it! :D

Yes it makes you feel much more positive doesn't it! :D Thanks.

Today:

Breakfast: 2 slices of wholemeal toast
Lunch: Cheese and salad sandwich
Dinner: Brie, courgette and tomato tart with salad
Snacks: Just had some fresh pineapple

Used the cross trainer for 40 minutes this morning as well

Today:

B: 2 slices of toast
L: Cheese and salad sandwich
D: Roast potatoes and vegetables with gravy
Snacks: 1 small victoria sponge cake

No exercise today either but oh well. Was going to use the cross trainer but have been chatting to someone all evening :rolleyes:

Food for today:

Breakfast: 2 slices of toast
Lunch: Salad with cottage cheese & 1 piece of bread
Dinner: Quorn fajitas

No snacks so far, might have some pineapple or something later if I feel like it.

Used the cross trainer for over 25 minutes earlier and will use it for another 20 or so minutes now :)

came back to check how your going and to wish you my best! your definetly doing well! when will you be having your weigh in?

came back to check how your going and to wish you my best! your definetly doing well! when will you be having your weigh in?

Thanks! I haven't had the best week, this is my first day off since last friday so haven't had the time to exercise and not sure my food choices have been great either :( Drank quite a bit of alcohol last night as well which won't have helped but oh well, will be using the cross trainer for about 45 minutes later today.

Will do my weigh in on Monday I think :)

Back