food help please

alexmummy07

Silver Member
hi all, im having my valentines meal on saturday night, cam you tell me if peppers, onions and mushrooms will knock me out of ketosis please? really dont want to un do all the hard work ive put in over the past 5 weeks xx

Onions is definately a nono... peppers may be.

Mushrooms are okay :) Try sticking to green veg from the SS+/810 etc veggie list and you should be fine!!

x

peppers are a no no too, but mushrooms are ok

saw my cdc today. He advised steak, cut off the fat, and green salad, no carbs whatsoever i.e no veg. And still expect no weight loss next week but do it if you have to. Have decided to stay home and just have the steak and see what happern ( with weight loss not hubby!!!):8855:

Hi Sammy

Why did your CDC say to expect no weight loss this week? Surely if it's one meal and no carbs etc you should still lose, otherwise wouldn't that mean if we ever start eating again then we would all put on or just not lose anymore? I'm keeping it as AAM/810 tomorrow, nothing more, so I would be very disappointed with no weight loss for 1 small meal x

Hiya

Sorry to jump in - the CD steps up to maintenance are very specific as to what is allowed/what isn't and many people stop losing during the weeks they first move up the plans. If the plans are done properly then you kickstart your metabolism again so you don't gain all your weight back long term - however coming straight off for a meal may have a different effect.

Personally I would guess that if your Valentine's meal consists of allowed CD foods only in the quantities specified (i.e. chicken/fish, no steak or lamb etc) then you would probably be ok. I suppose CDCs are used to seeing people eat what they shouldn't accompanied by "but it was low carb!" (and...? this is not Atkins ;)) and then not lose that week and end up falling off the wagon, therefore best to advise "cheat but be prepared for negative consequences" if that makes sense.

Just my thoughts :)

Thanks for that clarification, makes more sense now.
On cdc's reccomendation i am having small piece of chicken breast, v small amount of cottage cheese- just enough to fit in the middle of the rolled up chicken, small amount of baked veg, and 1 mushroom with garlic. W.I. is Monday, so it may be bad, but I will at least know I haven't gone overboard and straight back to another 6 weeks of ss'ing :) Looking forward to it, but also v scared, don't want to mess up the weight loss. x

The garlic might kick you out of ketosis but the rest looks ok.

If are aware and prepared for the fact that most people have a bloody hard time getting back on track because they have now "got the taste" for food then forewarned is hopefully forearmed...relax, enjoy and what will be will be, just don't let the number on the scales next Monday throw you off track and you will be fine :)

My cdc says as long as you dont overdo it and try to stick to an atkins type meal that even if it kicks you out of ketosis yu will be back in it in a day on 100% ss...

just been out for husbands birthday, six week on ss and ss+,,,had chicken and salad but it did have peppers on...if this means no weight loss for the whole week I wont be able to believe it.... will let you know Tuesday...the only warning my cdc gave was to expect to be hungry the next day but dont cheat whatsoever....#
#

Good luck with the valentines dinner

Hi all. Just thought I would share what I'm having for my meal. Originally I was going to start off with tiger prawns spread with garlic paste and then steak, courgettes, brocolli, celery, asparagus and a mushroom but my CDC said why didn't I put it all 2gether and have surf n turf. If I have room after all this I'll make one of my shakes into a desert with the mix a mousse. I was told this wouldn't do me any harm as long as I went back to being good the next day.

Back