Food intolerance

Hi mummyt,

I completely cut out the foods that trigger my IBS as my symptoms are too severe to deal with on a daily basis. For me it's things like brocolli, cauliflower, strawberries, oranges, tinned tomatoes about kill me lol. The good thing about SW is that there are so many free foods to choose from you can afford to cut out a few and still get all the nutrients you need.

Thanks peeps, I know this wasn't my thread to start with but that's the beauty of this site is that everyone is so friendly and willing to give advice. X

OMG!!! There are so many people with either IBS or digestive problems!!! It makes me wonder what on earth is causing it?? Were these issues prevalent when we were young?? It's hard to know, I suppose as I can't remember that far back ;-) All i know is that it's most definitely is food related with me. So I've given up milk (no likies!! :-( ), eggs (no likies :-( ) and sweeteners (most definitely no likies :-( ) . I shall be interested to see if it also had any positive effect on my so very slow weight loss of 4.5lbs in 6 weeks :'-(

I'm off to WI shortly so I'll see if there's anything to celebrate...fingers crossed!!

Hi mummyt!!! I had those tablets from the doc and they made me constipated!!! I dunno which was worse, that or the IBS!!! I don't touch anything at all with artificial sweeteners in it now and that has made a huge difference to me. I also stopped having eggs and coffee because of the drastic side effects!

Since I started eating the SW way, my IBS has been more or less non-existent, so I do wonder if processed, ready-made food plays a part as well? I can't remember the last time I had a microwave meal and I feel so much better for it!

Hope you get good news at weigh-in Jaxie!!

Trace xx

Hiya sockmonkey,

Thanks for your reply. I've been to the docs about this several times over the years and always get the old 'It's IBS' diagnosis and put me no some medication that doesn't work. :mad:
I haven 't had milk now for a week and my symptoms have almost disappeared. No bloating or gas. I really don't think i'm doing any major harm by cutting out milk and eggs for a while as i'm going to replace it with other 'milk' which have added calcium. vegans live without this food group quite successfully, don't they? I have an incredibly healthy diet apart from this and I fully intend to re-introduce both on a rotation system in a few weeks.

If this trial doesn't ease my symptoms for good i shall go back to my doctor. Thank you for your concern :)

I've cut out dairy since Sunday and i know its only Tuesday but oh my no symptoms at all! I used to get bloating, bad bad stomach spasms which literally have me keeled over my sons pushchair at times when i'm out or leaning over my desk at work :(

I have IBS and the symptoms are not the same, as I basically dont get my normal IBS result after the pain. I was told to look up Lactose Intollerance, so I did. Cut out all dairy and lactose and day 3 without it, it's amazing!! I can't recommend it enough.

It is extremely difficult, shopping and eating though I wont lie about that. Simple things such as all crisps n biscuits that I'd have as my syns have lactose in. Atleast that might mean I'm going to be loads thinner now :) xx

Back