Food.. its soooo last year..12 pesky pounds till goal :D

Fantastic weight loss - you must be thrilled:D Boy, you've worked hard.

Have a fantastic Christmas!

Fantastic weight loss Kirstin and what a great BMI - Can't wait to be there and SO pleased for you ! I hope you enjoy your dinner. Would be really interested to see if you can eat it.

I just tried to have a mushroom soup followed by a choccy shake made into a mousse with a glass of Coke Zero as a treat. I loved the mousse but had to give up half way and put it back in the fridge and the coke is only 25% gone, I am so bloomin full ! That's the beauty of ketosis I guess !:D

Have a fab day, bet there will be more people out on the razz leading up for new year.

Melissa x

Thanks for the comments

Well I managed to eat half of my roast dinner.. including 2 roast spuds, some roast parsnips and some stuffing.. so not exactly a proper AAM!! But then i had already decided it wouldn't be! After the roast I had a dessertspoon full of xmas pud with a teaspoon of whipped cream with rum in it! Was beautiful! Brought the leftover roast home for buster - obviously just from my plate..everyone else ate theirs! Had a glass of champagne too

Was very full.. to be honest I was full pretty much as soon as I started to eat! But it was gorgeous.

After dinner I left for home... the M1 was closed at J29 to J30... so it took longer to get home than expected... MY sis had bought me a half bottle of champagne as part of my pressie.. since I had eaten and would now be out of Ketosis I thought I would have it when I got home (I was supposed to go out.. was driving and doing my sparkly water thing, but since I got home later than expected there was no point going out).. so I have had my half bottle of champagne.. alas I never shut my inner voice up that told me to eat the 6 biscuits that have been in the house since the diet started exactly 10 weeks ago!!!!! So I had champers and biscuits!

I can't deny that I am a little disappointed with myself.. mainly because it was so easy to talk myself into having the biscuits.. when I haven't needed to talk myself out of anything really for the last few weeks as eating wasn't an option.. so as far as I am concerned from tomorrow I go back to food not being an option! I have been so committed and then one dinner and I go and spoil it!! Realistically I know that diet-wise I have not done any damage... I just truly hope that I haven't done any damage to where my head is at.. it has felt so good to be so in control the last 10 weeks, to know that my willpower could get me through anything.. I do wish I had just had turkey and sprouts now! BUT I'm not going to dwell on it.. that is more likely to mess with my head.. I'll put the wretched biscuits behind me and move on... I still have 5-6 weeks of sole source ahead of me... and something positive has come out of today, I know that I have some food issues to get my head round before the SS ends! Diets that are strict and forbidding have always worked well for me, and SS has been the ultimate diet for me as it suits me perfectly.. today has shown me that relaxing my standards for one meal does not agree with me and that when the diet is through I have to have developed some strict food rules or I will be back to square one!

70 days exactly I have been on this diet... and I have now cheated for one of those days....... I am gutted with myself :mad:

Last edited:
You have not undone all your hard work hun, trust me, a few biccies aint gonna put 3 and a half stone over night, as long as you are straight back to it then there is no harm done at all.

You have done really well and please dont beat yourself up, Its Christmas, it is but once a year, and I have probably eaten more than I should, however, compare ourselves to last year and we are rocking!!

One day is not our undoing, the day after that, and the day after that is, as long as we can face up and know when to stop then all is well.

We didnt get to the people that we was before SS overnight, and it will take more than 1 day to put us back there.

So, staright back to it for us all, have a great xmas eve and enjoy your boxing day x x x x

Thanks Vicky, I know ur right... its my pride thats taken a knock rather than the diet really... I have been so damn pleased with myself all these weeks..... plus if i was gonna cheat I wish i'd had more xmas pud and no biscuits!!! They really weren't worth it!!

Back to normal tomorrow, gonna forget today ever happened (but secretly investigate my food issues!)

Yip, know just how you feel, pride is a big thing!

I looked at my many issues with food, and am still working to resolve them, but for now whilst dealing with them, I am also controlling them too, and sometimes I do have a handful of what is not good for me, but its only 1 or 2 and not 27 or 28!!!

We are all here to get the best out of life, and moderation is the key for me now.

Heres to a fab 2007.

PS, are you out new years eve???

Vicky, THink I will be in town on NY Eve... are you out in Hudds?

I will be doing sparkly water thing though, I drive everywhere now to make sure I never drink!!!

Weirdly I have tested my ketosis today and I am still in it?!?!?!?! So i am feeling much happier, purely because I was expecting a couple of days of agonising hunger!!!! But today feels like any other diet day... have drank a litre of water and will have my first shake at 11ish... I am forgetting yesterday ever happened.. I've put it in perspective - it could have been a whole lot worse.. lunch was healthy and I left half a plate full.... the dessert was very tiny... and the biscuits... it was only 6... Lets face it ... it was xmas day, I could have eaten mince pies, panettone, xmas cake, turkey sandwiches etc... which would have been a normal xmas day for me pre-diet!!!!!

I'm not doing the scales thing today though.... If they have gone up from 12st 10 I don't want to know! Will do some avoidance work first before weighing myself again!!!!! Want to keep this positive mood!

SOETIMES WHEN ONE IS in the full throws of ketosis, one can get away with a small blip. Well done!

New Pic...

Pic taken before I went out on Xmas Eve.. in one of my new dresses - other one being too big now!!!

DSCF0754.jpg

and of course this was me 10 weeks ago.. the night before I started SS:

S6000183resized.jpg

Looking great Kirstin, am glad that you have put your AAM and 6 biscuits into perspective and reminded yourself how far that you have come with the photo reminder. You are doing fantastic and so have no reason to feel any dip in pride when 69 out of 70 days you have felt (deservedly-so) proud of your committment and enthusiasm towards this diet.

You have been an inspiration and a support to so many people along the way and yes, we can all learn from our selves and our dieting behaviour, but you have nothing to feel disapointed in yourself for, it is Xmas and your in take was very tame compared to how it coul've been! In fact, I could give you an itinery on my alcohol and food diary over the last 4 days, which I'm sure would make you feel loads better, but I don't like talking about food too much on here as sometimes when SS'ing the mere mention of a specific food on here turns my imagination into one of those sumptuous Marks & spencer adverts and sends people rushing to the Food Dump (well, in my head anyway :) )

Well done Kirstin on surviving your first Christmas - you have done great!

Happy again!

Just wanted to record that I am happy with myself and my diet again!

Just been round my mates house, she had just cooked dinner for her, her daughter and her mum... hopefully the fact that she had just texted me and asked me over wasn't an evil sabotage plan lol!!!! So i had to sit through them eating pasta and garlic bread... well I totally LOVE garlic bread... it smelt damn fine... but not once did i hear that voice that spoke to me last night, telling me to eat some! I never even thought about it, was very strange I mean I could smell how nice it smelled.. but it was like it didn't register in my brain.. I am very happy with this.. I had only had one shake by that point of the day... so I was due another one but my normal indifference to food appears to me back :D

Thanx for ur comment Lottie..the disappointment has worn off now.. I do wish I had played yesterday differently.. but what the hell!!!!!! Can't do anything about it and i'm just grateful that it never made me continue eating... in fact it showed me that my willpower isn't infalliable and that I have to watch out for my fat brain!

Just wanted to record that I am happy with myself and my diet again!

That is good then hun! You deserve to be reading your signature progress. Glad to read that you weren't tempted by the evil smells. BF cooking (healthy) for the 2nd time today and it smells gorgeous yet again, but I do not need!

I've been on the internet all afternoon and my eyes are killing now, so I think I'll be having to turn it off again soon!

You look wicked!!!! and so much younger too!!!

Not sure now about NYE, cant get a baby sitter, was gonna go to town but thats not happening now!!

Well done on today too x

OMG, Kirsten, You look FANTASTIC, well done bloody amazing, and in 10weeks too. Your such an inspiration to me.

Glad to read you had a good christmas, and your back on track already,

cheers Caz

Kirsten, you look amazing!! Seriously! I can indentify and empathise fully with you about the christmas food slip.. (as you know.., ) and just want to add to the other comments already said.. it was just the one day.. now you are focussed again and looking incredible.. and a whole fabby new year is coming!! 2007 is going to be a real belter!! :D

Guess what.......... I'm in the 12's (this time the clothing 12's!!!!)

Just got back from a shopping trip to HMV to spend my xmas vouchers... alas I never actually made it to HMV.. I got waylaid looking in clothes shops!

Just spent my xmas money.. that was gonna have to be used this weekend on my final tattoo session (my willpower can only be channelled in one direction at a time it seems.. so my bank account is suffering while i lose weight!).. not sure what I will do about the tattoo session.. but will work that one out sat am!!!!!!

Anyway I saw two gorgeous skirts..... both were the only ones left in the store.. and both were size 12.. so i thought, what the hell I'll try them on... then I saw a dress... which again was also only in a 12......... that somehow ended up in the changing room with me too!

THe skirts fit beautifully.... in fact they are both a little loose on the waist and hips.. but not as loose as my current size 14's which hang off me! The dress is loose all over apart from the chest where it pulls slightly... but I figured there is still weight to go from my chest (I hope!) so it will only be a couple of weeks and then it will be loose on the chest too ... I'm WELL bloomin happy!!!!!!!

Off to see Happy Feet shortly with mates 4 year old.. mate has bottled it and said I should just take Caitlin!

Now i have new clothes i'm dying to go out.. I'm even more skint now than i was last weekend, obviously!!!! But I'll work something out if i have to.. my mate has offered to lend me money until my cheques clear.. I may have to take her up on it!!!!!

:D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D

PS I weighed myself this morning even though I said I wouldn't... I am a pound up from what I was on Xmas day morning,.... not changing my ticker though.... because it will be gone v v v v v damn soon!

Last edited:
Hi Kirstin,
Sorry to hear that you went through all that angst about Xmas day but it sounds like you have picked yourself up in the best possible way - retail therapy ! Wow size 12's ! That's so great, that will keep you back on track with no probs !:D

Have hit the sales too today, to be honest being out of the house and away from my Buster was completely necessary as the Xmas turkey is having a dreadful effect !:p

Bring on 2007 and our lovely slim figures !:)

Hi Kirsten,

Just popping in to say hi...glad to see your doing well, size 12, in my dreams....and only a 1lb gain, that will so be gone in no time.

well done, Caz

Yep there was nothing to report.. today though I can report that i'm back down to 12 stone 10lbs after my 1lb gain after xmas day.... and I still have 3 full days to weigh in day on Monday... so hopefully I will lose at least 1 or 2lbs by then!!!!!

Sticking to the diet like xmas day never happened, although i do think I am craving more things than normal.. mainly full blown meals rather than snacks!! I have urge to cook stuff!!! Not gonna like.. no point.. I mean Buster is cute and v deserving.. but he ain't having a gourmet meal!!!!

Went to see The Holiday yesterday, went on my own, due to not having any spontaneous mates... they all need written notice in triplicate to leave the house... and thats just to motivate themselves.. not like they have BFs or anything! Anyway I find going to the cinema on my own quite fun really.. especially when not eating, coz i don't have to sit next to any friends stuffing their faces with B&J ice cream!! Film was really good, total chick flick, Cameron Diaz is one of my favourite actresses.. shes so amusing... sickeningly beautiful and skinny like, but v amusing!!

Also went to the gym yesterday, did some CV then my toning weight program.. felt wonderful when I'd finished..

After the cinema I went and bought some dvds with my HMV vouchers, bought Dylan Moran 2006 tour (My fave comedian after Lee Evans), Me and you and everyone else (or something like that.. its a film and is compared to lost in translation) and Erin Brockovich.. which I've never seen - watched it last night, v damn good!

Now i'm trying to make up my mind whether to go to the gym or not.. should do as tattoo will give me an enforced break after tomorrow :(

Back