Food processors

ermintrude

Gold Member
I need a food processor. My two main requirements are 1) it MUST be compact 2) All it needs to do is whizz things (NO fancy chopping/six squillion attachments required)

Ive already got the Kenwood mini chopper which is *fab fab fab* for most things (hummus, spices, onions & garlic etc) but I've started making more whizzy soups or batches of stuff which it just isn't really big enough for, but otherwise is exactly what I want. As I have NO storage space size is THE most important requirement.

Ive been looking at this one:

Kenwood Multi-Pro Compact in food processors at the home of creative kitchenware, Lakeland

I can get it for about £35-£40 on Amazon, not checked out ebay yet.

Anyone have any other recommendations? Anything even smaller/more basic? Has to be decent, I got bought one for my birthday which is dire (an arse to clean, takes an age, throws food all over the shop) which is my reason for seeking a replacement and looking at Kenwoods etc.

Any suggestions appreciated, cheers x :)

if you are just wanting it to blend soups then Argos do a blender (their own make) I have one and its not too dear or big either. It is just the base and the jug that blend everything! Very easy to use and clean! It depends if you want a machine to chop veg etc or just to blend. I'd defo recommend the Argos Value one I love mine :) xx

hi am a soup lover myself - I have a big pan for on top of the stove and a hand blender. Cook everything in the pan and blend when ready, I find it easier than emptying out into another gadget just to blend.

The hand blender is a Kenwood but most supermarkets do them for about a £10.00 - £15.00

Ah it wont be just soups, sorry, like I say I do hummus/falafel/burger mixes etc too, its just that the Kenwood mini chopper isn't big enough (350ml). I dont need any spectacular chopping attachments, just the basic whizzer bit, but I do need it to be a bowl in its own right that I can just chuck everything in and press Whizz :D

Also looking at this one but I cant find any dimensions :confused:

Cheers lovelies :)

I only have the normal silver ken wood processor. But it's not that big. It's amazing. I had not a clue what to do with all attachments but I have to say since SW I e just them all bar the fruit juicer! I love it.
My mr built me a little open cupboard do I just lift it down to use and pop back c

Attachments

• image-2230273253.jpg
    image-2230273253.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 50
Ooh! I need to hire a mister like yours! Do you rent him out hourly? :D

I bought mine years back (or should I say an ex of mine did but when we split 5+ years ago I got custody!) and in all honesty I barely use it these days - in fact have probably only used it 4-5 times since we split up!

Can't remember what make mine is (Kenwood I think!) but it came with absolutely everything (different blades, grating discs, smaller bowl to go inside, whisks, sonic screwdriver, etc) and takes up so much room. Now I'm in my teeny pad then it's stored under the bed, along with the slow cooker, etc, as I just don't have room for it.

Once I get paid then I'm going to go and get a hand blender - one that comes with a small chooper bit too) so I can do soups and have a mini chopper all in one, as I just cannot be bothered to have to drag the processor out.

ermintrude said:
Ooh! I need to hire a mister like yours! Do you rent him out hourly? :D

Ooo EE Mrs some weeks I could rent him out all week lol, no he is handy,once I crack my whip hard enough ;)

I need a food processor. My two main requirements are 1) it MUST be compact 2) All it needs to do is whizz things (NO fancy chopping/six squillion attachments required)

Ive already got the Kenwood mini chopper which is *fab fab fab* for most things (hummus, spices, onions & garlic etc) but I've started making more whizzy soups or batches of stuff which it just isn't really big enough for, but otherwise is exactly what I want. As I have NO storage space size is THE most important requirement.

Ive been looking at this one:

Kenwood Multi-Pro Compact in food processors at the home of creative kitchenware, Lakeland

I can get it for about £35-£40 on Amazon, not checked out ebay yet.

Anyone have any other recommendations? Anything even smaller/more basic? Has to be decent, I got bought one for my birthday which is dire (an arse to clean, takes an age, throws food all over the shop) which is my reason for seeking a replacement and looking at Kenwoods etc.

Any suggestions appreciated, cheers x :)

Have you considered the Magic Bullet?

hi am a soup lover myself - I have a big pan for on top of the stove and a hand blender. Cook everything in the pan and blend when ready, I find it easier than emptying out into another gadget just to blend.

The hand blender is a Kenwood but most supermarkets do them for about a £10.00 - £15.00

Less than a fiver in Argos.

I have the Kenwood you put the link up for - it's really small but as you can only have the chopper container thingy or the blender jug attached to the base one has to go in the cupboard, neither takes up much room but thought I might mention it in case this is an issue. It's a great processor though and is great when I have a ton of veg to chop up!

Have you considered the Magic Bullet?

Less than a fiver in Argos.

Thanks, but like I said I already have a Kenwood mini chopper which is fab but not big enough for soups etc which is why I need a new one. Its about the same size as a Magic Bullet (350ml). Similarly a hand whizzer is not what Im looking for, I need something large enough in its own right to pour medium sized mixes into but compact enough to not take up half my kitchen.

I have the Kenwood you put the link up for - it's really small but as you can only have the chopper container thingy or the blender jug attached to the base one has to go in the cupboard, neither takes up much room but thought I might mention it in case this is an issue. It's a great processor though and is great when I have a ton of veg to chop up!

Well I ordered it and its turned up! Im not too sure, its bigger than I expected even though I measured out exactly what the dimensions said on Amazon. :confused: How come something that doesn't hold that much needs such a great big bloddy motor? :sigh: Especially when the same brand can make a motor tiny enough for the mini chopper?! Hmm. I've not assembled it all yet, Im not sure whether to send it back... I dont mind storing the unused gadget bit somewhere else, but WhereTF am I going to store the Actual Thing? I NEED A BIGGER FLAT!!! :cry:

Need to do some furniture rearranging... :rolleyes:

but WhereTF am I going to store the Actual Thing? I NEED A BIGGER FLAT!!! :cry:

Need to do some furniture rearranging... :rolleyes:

I have the same issue now that I've moved into my new place - hardly any kitchen storage, or storage in general really!

All of my kitchen stuff - i.e. food processor, slow cooker, etc - is currently stored under the bed as it's the only place I have for it to go!

I have a brilliant silver metal shelf from Argos,£15 you can hang four pans from it,and it's a shelf ,you could store four items on the shelf x

I have the same issue now that I've moved into my new place - hardly any kitchen storage, or storage in general really!

All of my kitchen stuff - i.e. food processor, slow cooker, etc - is currently stored under the bed as it's the only place I have for it to go!

I know the feeling :( There isnt an "under" on our bed, its one of those sitting on a big chunk of useless whatevertheymakeitoutof. :confused: The only item of storage (other than the kitchen) that came with the flat is the falling-apart Argos-stylee wardrobes. I have boxes and boxes of stuff stashed on top of the wardrobe and at the side of the bed and all sorts... its just that there's no FURNITURE. You know, no cupboards, no storage, no place to put things IN. They do it to make it look bigger I guess :( I keep saying next time we move its gotta be FULL of cupboards! Instead of living in one giant empty one!!!

Half the cupboards we do have are useless cos of the way the kitchen's laid out - two of them you cant access cos of where theyve put the fridge and the boiler, so basically we've stuffed them with the stuff we hardly ever need, cos then when you *do* need it you have to pull the bladdy fridge out grrrrrrr...

I HATE RENTINNNNGGGGGGGG :sigh:

/rant :D

I have a brilliant silver metal shelf from Argos,£15 you can hang four pans from it,and it's a shelf ,you could store four items on the shelf x

I dont even have any spare walls to put it on! :D :8855:

Heh I sound like a right miserable feck dont I :eek: :D

No it's hard with no space! I have a small gally kitchen,the shelf thing is new last year,and it's been a Godsend. I have every cupboard and surface crammed with stuff, Mr comes out in hives just walking in there lol, but it's my working kitchen. It's orderly clutter not messy. It doesn't help I collected hundreds of pounds worth of Tupperware in my 20's and that has a double base unit to itself ;)
We need a new kitchen and I dream of a man with notepad designing every inch of space to suit my needs ;) dream on! Lol x

Back