Food

bella16

Hi everyone, Im not sure what im going to do about this, so i am asking for some suggestions from you all.

Its my OH's birthday at the end of june and my sisters wedding in the middle of july (im a bridesmaid in a pink dress yuk!) - both occasions im going to have to eat. Im on SS and only nearing the end of my 2nd week. What happens if i eat only on those occasions and put all the weight i have lost all back on again??

What do i do? Eat or not eat?

Hi Bella. I went to a wedding at the weekend and that was on day 1 of week 7. I treated the day as a normal SS day but ate the meal at the wedding - it was a varied meal and whilst I avoided the breadbasket I had a little carb with the main meal, a small pudding and a small piece of wedding cake. I drank loads of water and then was back SS the next day.

I don't consider it cheating as I made a conscious decision to eat the meal and I didn't take it as an opportunity to eat anything I wanted. There was no doubt in my mind that I would get back to SS 100%. I haven't put anything on, I might have slowed my loss a little this week but I decided that was worth it in this instance. It is my WI today so I guess I will see the results then.

Whatever you do don't beat yourself up about the decision you make. If you choose to eat at these occasions, do so and enjoy it, and then get straight back on SS. You will be fine.

Hi Bella. I'd agree with Wales, if you make the conscious decision to eat, then its not a cheat. Try doing something like Wales has done, keep it as low carb as possible, treat the rest of the day as a normal SS one and drink plenty of water. The hardest part is getting back on the wagon- it can be bloody tough. If you feel strong enough to do it, then go for it.

I'd suggest you put it to the back of your mind for now, you've got a few weeks before you have to make a choice. You might find nearer the time you've had such good losses you want to stay 100% or you might decide you feel strong enough to manage one meal off plan.

Whatever you decide, hope you enjoy both days and I'm sure you'll be looking stunning in that pink dress a few stone lighter ;)

Yes, whatever you do dont use it as an excuse to eat whatever you want for the day as it could end in a downwards spiralling binge! Find out what the meals will be so you can work out what you will eat, and stick to it! And continue on the shakes as normal from the next day.

I agree with what the others have said. At the end of the day we all still have to live our life's so as long as you don't use it as an excuse to go over the top and choose carefully you shouldn't beat yourself up about it and enjoy the days :)

Back