Foodaholic trying to break-free

Hi Birchey,

A belated welcome - I've been off plan over the weekend so missed your welcome party!

I drink pints of sparkling water - but mainly the plan stuff. It is the flavoured sparkling water that has citric acid in.

Hello!
I do feel very welcome on here.

Had my final meal! Asked to save my desert till later (then deliberately forgot it!!) Don't feel like I've gone massively off track tonight as meal was cooked to be good on slimming world so wasn't an unhealthy feast. (Mash potato made with oil (friend doesn't have butter/milk), bacon (fat removed) and reduced fat cheese and baked beans! Hopefully that will help with the next few days...

Drinks wise today (from 8am) I've had the litre of sparkling flavoured water and a couple of small glasses of tap water.

Day one properly starts now!! :)
I'm feeling Han-gry already! Not normally this much of an angry person but silly things are making me angry rather than just irritated tonight!!

Hi Birchey,

I'm a Slimming Worlder thats been on a bit of a roller coaster during my journey.. 3 years and got to 2lbs off my 5 stone target but after a couple of knock backs late last year I hit self destruct, 3 stone gained in 3 months.. Feel sick when I think of how long it took me to lose it in the first place.. Was eating for England so decided this was the way forward, take all food out of the equation as many have mentioned then I cant kid myself that i'm on plan when in reality I was stuffing my face!

Am going on holiday in July and cant afford to buy new clothes so have to get back to where I was last summer!

Finding it ok so far, the water is a little hard to get the full quota drank at times.. I prefer sparkling so find that easier to drink, I add the Exante orange mix so it tastes like fizzy orange for a bit of a change..

Good luck with your journey, my third WI will be on Weds, hoping for a stone off.. 11lbs so far so fingers crossed :)

Thankyou!
It's going to be difficult but I can do it and Must do it! Yes I have a similar problem with Slimming World as although it's great it's so easy to over-eat, I've found no one has really taken my food/weight issues seriously when I've been trying to get help, just eat healthy and do a little exercise is my usual response from the GP and every time I've been in therapy and tried to talk about it the therapists just skim over it! I did get Slimming World on prescription of the practice nurse but didn't meet my loss target to get re-referred. Anyway Day 1b; Exante..

Breakfast 2pm: Cookie and Cream Shake made with 250ml water, lovely but preferred yesterday's white chocolate/raspberry

Lunch: 17:30: Bannana Milkshake, 300ml water,, Yum Yum I loved this, smelt and tasted delicious!

Dinner: 20:30: lemon smoothie, 250ml water, well the first sip was lovely and the aftertaste is nice but the actual drink I'm really not so sure. Will try another one in a couple of days.. Just slowly trying to get though this one!

Drooling over pictures of salad!!

Drinks: 400ml Coke Zero Cherry (really enjoyed which surprised me as I didn't like the plain one when I tried it when they were giving out free promotional cans when it first came out), 2000ml sugar free sparkling flavoured water.

Have spent the afternoon at the shopping centre mainly just browsing to try and keep myself distracted from food but bought a candle and a pair of shoes from Primark as well as a colouring book (when I've lost some weight I can buy clothes, don't fit in primark clothes yet), spending tonight watching movies while colouring and drinking water..

Last edited:
Day 2:

12:30: Breakfast: unsuccessful, tried the vanilla cereal, milk to cereal ratio was very off, flakes themselves were ok but think my hamster could have ate more, think I have another pack of this so next time going to half the water and try again! Because i'd wasted so much; the milk wasn't nice enough to drink up I tried the tropical shake - one I really didn't think I was going to like and I was right, 2 sips later that was down the drain!!

16:45: Lunch: Strawberry Shake, disappointed with this one it's manageable but the flavour is very artificial..

Drinks: Diet Coke; 1500ml, Coke Zero 1725ml

Stuggling today as feeling really hungry and a little sicky, bowels are also rather loose! I've had a pre-look on the scales though and they've gone down loads (7lbs since Sunday evening) so that's keeping me motivated! Keeping distracted by colouring and watching Harry Potter! :) X

Colleuges are going out for curry tonight , I do fancy joining them but worried about ruining what I've done so far.. Thinking chicken tikka main and instead of chips or rice extra salad..

Dinner Update: I did and I had Chicken Tikka Main (Had to leave 2 pieces - gave it to my friend for her dog), Lettuce, Tomoto and Cucumber, and a small amount of the salad thing that comes with popadoms tomoto, cucumber, onion.. I did squeeze a little lemon to use as dressing though! Gave my Popadom and my after dinner mint away, Think I've made good choices but don't really understand what I can and can't have in terms of real food.. Had a good night, Bowels are still a bit crazy though, Not sure the spice helped! (Small amounts but desperate and loose) Yikes.. May have to take a Imodium in the morning to get me though work.. I'm in for 12 hours tomorrow..

Last edited:
I found getting to know what I liked in the beginning was a bit trial and error!

I can't stand the lemon smoothie either.

Hope you don't mind me asking but did you drink all your water as well as the coke? The diet sodas are allowed on most of these VLCD (but not all) but I read somewhere that they should be additional to your required water allowance and in fact you should drink extra water if you drink caffeinated drinks. The water flushes the toxins out of your system and helps you lose weight which unfortunately the coke doesn't. I'm a bit of Diet Pepsi addict myself and I now try to limit myself to just drinking it at weekends and maximum of 1 can a day then. To be honest I'd never get all the water down if I didn't. Sorry not preaching it's your body was just a it concerned.

Thanks Hun yesterday it was pretty much all Coke, negible amount of water (unless you count the 600ml used to make up shakes ??), trying to have more water day before I had 2litres, today I'm back on the sparkling water. Until last month all I was drinking was Coke...

Lots of water might help with your tummy issue too, to help flush any bugs out. Hope it gets better soon, and well done on your food choices at the indian - Chicken Tikka seems like a good choice, as it's lean protein, especially with salad. x

Day 3:

This mornings been a challenge cakes everywhere at work to celebrate the Queens birthday but I've resisted!

Drinks: 2000ml sparkling flavoured water, 500ml still flavoured water.

14:00: Finally stopped for breakfast, Honeycomb shake.. Feel like I'm drinking sugar water, way way to sweet but slowly working my way through it..

20:15: Thought I'd check my blood sugars 5.3mmols to be honest I was expecting lower due to the diet, will check again at some point as I'm interested.. (Not diabetic by the way)

21:30: Finally home time for dinner, Trying the spaghetti Bologonase, measly portion but it is food! Just had a couple of bites and it's lovely but currently too hot, Really enjoyed this when it cooled onto a winner!

Was planning on a shake dinner time at work but didn't get chance to stop so had a 2 course meal this evening: !

Desert; Salted Caramel pudding; out of all the deserts this was the one I was looking forward to most, it was ok nothing special probably needed a bit longer in the microwave than I gave it ;)

Ps stomachs been ok today only one mad dash run to the loo! Probably the amount of Coke I had yesterday mixed with spicy food.

Last edited:
Lots of water might help with your tummy issue too, to help flush any bugs out. Hope it gets better soon, and well done on your food choices at the indian - Chicken Tikka seems like a good choice, as it's lean protein, especially with salad. x

Thanks Hun, Praticed ordering it before I went, please may I have blah blah blah, only quickly scanned the actual menu when there (to check prices) and it rolled off my tounge when ordering, would have been so easy to have gone off track but no point in 'not eating' for a couple of days to them go and binge!

Well done on sticking to your planned chicken tikka. Eating out is hard on this diet, especially in the early days.

I bet the chicken tikka was delicious too! Well done on your choices x

Day 4:
On Night Shift tonight, Need to try and get some sleep but i'm still awake and it's nearly 3pm, Got to be up in 4hours.. Sleep didn't happen going to be rather tired tonight but atleast I slept well last night and till 11am today. Going to take a couple of products to work with me tonight as I think I may need a boost

Drinks: 1750ml Diet Coke, 1050ml Sparkling flavoured water, 330ml Orange Zero, 1025ml Coke Zero.

11:00: Breakfast, Coconut shake, this was really yummy :)

14:30: Lemon and Yogurt Bar, Again well lovely :)

03:30: cookie and cream biscuit thing! This was alright!!

Last edited:
Day 5:
Another night shift for me tonight but got to get some sleep now so meals tonight will be something before i go and something during the night.

I weighed myself before work 10lbs down since Sunday somethings going right :))

08:30: White Chocolate & Raspberry shake, Yummy just as great as last time!!

22:00: Banana shake (again deffintly a firm favourite)

01:30: chocolate orange bar yum!

Drinks: 1750ml Diet Coke, 1000ml flavoured sparkling water

Last edited:
I've not tried that one yet but I might today with that yummy! Have a good day x

I've not tried that one yet but I might today with that yummy! Have a good day x
I really like it that and the banana and the coconut have been my favourites out of the ones i've tried so far, Tried the Raspberry Porridge first this morning but didn't count it as had less than a spoon before i couldn't eat too sweet and the texture, not a massive fan of porridge anyway, Dad finished it off for me - Only took him 5 tablespoons to eat it all, think it shows how small the portions are on this (had lost some over the microwave!) He said it was really sweet but could tell he was only trying to encourage me! He knows food has to be really bad for me to waste it!!

Not tried the porridge either so will pass on that one lol! Need to widen my variety on packs with my next order x

I love the creamy coconut and the rhubarb and custard

Back