Foolish & feeling a bit low

NetNet

I noticed the other week (pre-LL) my scales were not working. Remembered to buy a new battery today and foolishly got on!

Showed I'd lost about 3 1/4 lbs since last Tuesday (my 1st week). Cheesed me off abit as it looks like I will be the exception to the rule that I won't lose a vast amount (like double figures!) in my first week like my sis and everyone seems to have, which I shouldn't be surprised about really as all through my life things don't just go quite right for me. I have a non-existence metabolism and the worst luck.

I know I should be happy with any loss but with any diet I've been on I've always lost about 5 lbs in the first week and I just, for once, want to lose alot more than that in my first week. I thought I could do this on this regime. Stupid me.

Sorry. Feeling sorry for myself tonight. I think my TOTM is knocking on the door!

:cry:

Dont beat yourself up, you might get a whoosh next week and have a good loss then, but for now i'm sending you some good vibes :vibes:and a hug :hug99:. xx

if your scales were broken pre LL then you don't have an accurate gauge to go by, wait to see what your official weigh in is, you may be surprised. When doing CD my scales differed quite a bit from my CDC's.
good luck
xx

Got to agree with Pandora, you don't know what your weight was on your scales, so don't panic. You'll see a good loss at your 1st weigh in. Stick with it.

Thanks. Shouldn't have got on them, I know. Especially as it's hormone city in my head at the moment! I also have to remember that I can carry fluid when my TOTM is here (which came with avengence this morning!)

i agree above. My scales at home weight about 2kgs less than the ones at LL grrrrr.

You will be fine just drink as much over the 4litres as poss and the weight falls off.
I am on day 28 and have lost 20.2lbs!

Hi

I echo the others, no 2 sets of scales weigh the same and if you haven't got a start weight on yours then you haven't got a comparison.

TOTM can really affect the scales, and hide true losses. Try not to get too hung up about what the scales say on a weekly basis even your LLC's. We only need to look at the successes that others have reported to know that if we stick to 4 & 4 then we will achieve super losses.:D

Imagine 3 1/2 lbs of lard, even if that is "all" that you have lost that is still fabulous!

Try not to let it get you down, you are doing really well. You are on your own journey, it doesn't matter what other people are losing, our LLC says it tends to all average out over the 100 days, so try not to beat yourself up if you don't lose the same amount as your sister or anyone else one week - you will get there :happy096:

Thanks for all your comments. They have helped.

Missing food tonight. Sunday night was my favourite night for cheese & crackers with salad cream. And I loved munching on treats whilst watching Sunday night tv! Am on my fifth ltr of water and looking forward to mint choc a bit later.

I will admit I keep asking myself if I can do this. To have these shakes/soups/bars for 100 days! But I will get to Crete next year without looking like a beached whale! One of my goals.

First unofficial rule of LL is NEVER LOOK AT YOUR HOME SCALES!!!!
If you really must use them, then I offer this simple suggestion - use them immediately before or after your official WI as long as you haven't drunk and water between the two WIs - wear exactly the same clothes. Make a note of the difference between your Counsellor's scales and your home scales. Do it again the following week. If that difference stays the same, then - if you must - between WIs, take the odd morning measurement when you need to give yourself a boost.

For a happy life, never ever weigh yourself after you have started having your foodpacks or any of your water for the day. It may show a gain which is just the weight of your water. (A litre of water weighs a kilo)

Trust me. I weighed myself constantly through LL and never saw a true upward fluctuation.

I have made a decision to not weigh myself at home from now on. I have never owned scales before these one's. I only bought them when I tried to do Weightwatchers by myself at home, which of course didn't work!

:thankyou:

Hiya, I lost 6.5lbs my first week and then 2.5lbs the next. The way I look at it is that even though it's not as much as some others in my group everyone is individual and at the end of the day it is pounds off and that is what counts. Don't get too wound up in how much you lose each week, the main thing is that you WILL lose it if you stick to the plan. Some weeks I have just not managed the water and the weight still came off. Keep going and remember why you are doing it and the holiday!!!!
Good luck.

I always see my CDC on the evening and , of course, the fluid I've drunk over the day weighs quite a lot as well as wearing clothes.

I weigh myself at home each morning with no clothes on so there's bound to be quite a difference.

Naturally I go by my scales as they give the lowest weight.:D

Hi there

Well you seem to have a severe case of feeling sorry for yourself hun.... i've been there myself so do understand it.

I was reading on and looking for the part where you'd gone on to eat a load of food - but you didn't and i was so pleased for you!!

You seriously can't be thinking that your scales are in sync with your LL scales? That would be a fluke indeed. I'm glad you are just sticking with your LLC's scales, that makes sense!

My weight was slower than everyone else's in my class and yes it is frustrating but i still got to my goal and think i'm the only one that have kept the weight (well most of it) off in the last 18 months.

It's not a race.

Good luck!

Hiya, I totally sympathise where you're coming from on this, I have gone from someone who never got on the scales, to hopping on and off at least twice a day!

Slightly worried that I'm becoming obsessed, I can weigh 12 stone 8 in the morning, and 13 stone 1 at night - on the same day! I was really disappointed last night, as at 13 stone 1, I was half a pound heavier than I was at my weigh in on Wednesday night! Cue charging to the fridge!! But, as my hubby said, "Don't forget, at the beginning of June, you were over 18 stone" - so that kind of put it in perspective!!!

So don't worry, hang in there, and try not to get on your scales (easier said than done I know, I've now got 2 sets in my kitchen, ha ha!!) - or do as it says in a book I have - "Write your ideal weight on a sticker and stick in on the face of your scales, that way when you get on them you'll always be at your ideal weight!!!"

Back