for all those newbies who think sw can't work because of the amount of food we eat

judywoody

Man, I couldn't walk last night so stuffed was I...
I couldn't even have all my syns...
I had a huge omelette for brekkie with ham, onions and mushrooms and mozarella.
Granted, I didn't have time to eat at lunch so I only had an apple and a banana. But I thought I would make up for it at night:)
When I came home I had a huge salmon filet, kale, sauce hollandaise (homemade, 0 syns), a baked potato with cottage cheese...i was already stuffed but I hadn't had my second hex b and hex a yet...so I fancied trying this scan bran chocolate pud as I haven't had my syns yet, either...
So I had this one as well (it was huge!!) and a cup of milk...
Seriously, I couldn't walk afterwards...so this morning I got up and I thought I could add up the calories I had...i couldn't believe I only had 1600 calories all together...and I am a big eater..my biggest problem always used to be that I wanted to feel full all the time that's why I was munching all day (on the wrong foods)..i can still do this now but am still eating less calories...woohoo!!

how do you make your syn free hollandaise? sounds lovely, I eat loads of salmon because I don't have meat at home and it would be great to have a different way to eat it :)

LOVE this post.....I felt stuffed just reading it...

I compared all my food to calorie counting the other day and it was about 2300 (but then included a days worth of syns and a LOT of fruit rather than salad and veg...) and I could not believe it! AND I'm steadily losing 2lbs a week (although STS this week...was stuck in a hotel and made a conscious effort to be careful...was never as stuffed as I am at home, and as you can see...lost nothing!!!!)

So to sum up...as long as you're following plan, you can never over eat :)

lovetosew said:
how do you make your syn free hollandaise? sounds lovely, I eat loads of salmon because I don't have meat at home and it would be great to have a different way to eat it :)

I am on my phone right now but if you go into my profile and search threads i've started you can find the recipe i've posted yesterday in the recipe section...basically it's sauce hollandaise with yogurt instead of butter...tastes a bit tangier but my hubby loved it and it has no syns.

I am on my phone right now but if you go into my profile and search threads i've started you can find the recipe i've posted yesterday in the recipe section...basically it's sauce hollandaise with yogurt instead of butter...tastes a bit tangier but my hubby loved it and it has no syns.

Don't know how to post a link to the post, so here it is copied:
Ok here we go:

2 eggs
white pepper
salt
lemon juice (depending on taste)
a few tbs fat free yogurt (or blended cottage cheese)
dill

Beat the eggs as much as possible so that they are properly fluidy - you may add a wee bit of warm water (but only a tiny bit). Pour it into a soup bowl or deep dish and put the dish on a sauce pan with water (the dish must be big enough to fit on to the pan). Heat the water (once it boils turn down the heat a bit). Beat the eggs continously so that they go lighter and then start to add the lemon juice (how much, is up to your own taste). Keep on stirring and add the yogurt or cottage cheese. Carry on stirring until the sauce gets thicker and then add dill and season well. Make sure the egg doesn't curdle. Take the bowl off the pan and taste - if it's too thick add a bit of water.

It is a really nice and creamy sauce and tastes fantastic with fish.

I know what you mean...i don't do that every day of course...just wanted to make sure I have all my healthy extras. Wanted to prove that u can stuff yourself without eating too many calories and still sticking to the plan:) I didn't feel comfortable though...lol:)

2 eggs
white pepper
salt
lemon juice (depending on taste)
a few tbs fat free yogurt (or blended cottage cheese)
dill

Beat the eggs as much as possible so that they are properly fluidy - you may add a wee bit of warm water (but only a tiny bit). Pour it into a soup bowl or deep dish and put the dish on a sauce pan with water (the dish must be big enough to fit on to the pan). Heat the water (once it boils turn down the heat a bit). Beat the eggs continously so that they go lighter and then start to add the lemon juice (how much, is up to your own taste). Keep on stirring and add the yogurt or cottage cheese. Carry on stirring until the sauce gets thicker and then add dill and season well. Make sure the egg doesn't curdle. Take the bowl off the pan and taste - if it's too thick add a bit of water.

It is a really nice and creamy sauce and tastes fantastic with fish.

that sounds delicious, if I hadn't just used my last egg I would make it today! Thank you x

I had some yummy pancakes with banana this morning and I just got hungry again...and its 4:20 pm!!!

I posted something similar to this the other day. People (women in particular i might add) have been told for so long the only way to lose weight is to starve and that you cannot lose weight be eating normally. Cos of that people dont trust something that says actually yeh you can eat.

If you trust in it, and stick to it, then it will work.

I know exactly what you mean - sometimes I think of everything I've eaten in a day and wonder if I'll lose anything at all. Then I remember that having to starve yourself to loose weight is just an old wives tale!

Back