For as long as it takes.........

GirlyChick

On a mission
Well its day 3 on TS and I thought it might be therapeutic to keep a diary of my journey to slimville with all its ups and downs. Its going to be a long road but I'm determined to stick to it until I get to my ideal weight. Havn't decided what that is going to be yet but thinking between 10 and 11 stone but maybe when I get there I'll want to keep going (gotta get there first girly thats a whopping 8 stones away :eek:). Lost just under 6 stones a couple of years ago on LT and then thought I could reintroduce food and carry on with diet and exercise, how daft was I :8855::8855::8855:
Anyway ready to lose it all again but this time not stopping until skinny skinny skinny :D
Hope I will be able to look back on my daily ramblings in this diary to remind me where I,ve come from and keep me on the road to slimville. Who wants to come with me? xxx

Hello Girlychick :)
I wish you all the best on your road to slimness. At least you know the ropes having done LL before. I too find vlcd the easiest way to shift the lbs - trying to just eat healthily doesn't really help, if you're like me you just end up eating loads of good stuff and not losing any weight :(
You must be starting to find it a bit easier now you're on day 3, first couple are hard aren't they? But you've made it through and hopefully the ketone fairy will be working her magic soon. How are you liking Exante compared to LL? I've found it much nicer than CD (which is same products as LL). Only problem I'e found is the brs - for some reason they make me really hungry. Some other people find they're fine with them and others have the same problem as me. Shame as I do like them and I have about 20 left - will have to save them for maintenance. I've got myself some CD bars and am fine with those, strange indeed. x

Hi angel,
the bars don't really do it for me either but I am loving the shakes and soups, loads of variety and they all taste great. Seems too good to be true really. I bought the one week variety pack first to check that I liked it before I spent loads so only have a few bars. Will stick to the mixed soups and shakes pack from now xx

I bought the 1 month pick your own pack so have tried all the products now and really like most of them, even the soups which I hated on CD, so that's good. Only had 1 each of the soups as I wasn't sure I'd like them, now trying to decide on my next order. It's well worth sticking with as the weight does come off so quickly :)

Good luck - I'm in my first week and enjoying it very much. I ate too much on the SW diet and am chuffed I have found Exante online. Keep up the enthusiasm E x

Day 4 - WS

Well day has gone really well - did WS today, the reason being me and OH always go to the local Wetherspoons for steak night on a tuesday. Well did his little face drop when it dawned on him that I was TFR or what!!:eek: So I have compromised by checking in detail the Wethys menu and found that a plain rump steak with salad (no dressing) was 540 cals but more importantly 0g carb. So problem solved and OH well happy cos he got my free pint that comes with the meal :rolleyes:. I had a jug of plain old tap water and drunk the lot thus also adding nicely to my water intake today. Back on TS tomoz though as I don't trust myself around food in the house. Looking forward to Day 5 :D

Countdown to the TT

OH called in the bike shop to book the bike in for a service today so I took the chance to look at the leather jackets. Now I am aiming to lose 3 stone before going to the TT races IOM at the end of May and not only is it a long time since I have been on OH's bike, I need some new gear. But :eek::eek::eek: tried on a XXL leather jacket and couldn't zip it up no way no how :sigh:
I am taking this as a positive though because now I know this, it will keep me focused on my goal and it will be great to see what size I can fit into by the end of May :D

Not been a good week :(

Thinking about the diet has been the last thing on my mind for a few days. So sad to say that my mum died suddenly last wednesday following a short illness. She was diagnosed with cancer about 6 months ago but did really well after a few doses of chemo and was well enough to treat herself to a week of 5* luxury in sunny Tenerife. Unfortunately the day after she flew home she was extremely breathless and was found to have fluid on her lung. She was admitted to hospital and the fluid was drained successfully but she took a sudden turn for the worst during the night and died peacefully with family around her at about 3.30pm the next day. She was 65yrs old. RIP mum love and miss you always xxxx

Sorry for your loss, keep strong x

So sorry to hear about your mother. take care.

Belle

Thankyou xx

Sorry to hear about your mum :( I'm glad she got to enjoy her her lovely holiday though. Take care of yourself hon x

Went into work today and it was so hard cos everyone was asking Oh did you have a good holiday and I had to keep telling over and over that no actually my mum died :sigh: Feel so sad at times and really want to just eat loads of crap to comfort myself but I know that my feelings of sadness are natural under the circumstances and emotional eating won't make them go away. So have stayed strong and havn't cheated. I know my mum wanted me to lose weight so thats what I have to do for her and myself :hug99:

So sort to hear about your mum, atleast he had her holiday and her family were with her when she needed them! You've done amazing to stay so strong in such a sad time! Take care xx

Well here I am back again. Committed to starting again tommorrow and just weighed myself on the Wii, put 5lbs back on but not panicking. Expected it to be a lot worse actually. Had mums funeral was on Monday of last week. The sun was shining, like she was smiling down on us and hopefully we gave her a good send off. She had 4 black horses with pink plumes on their heads and a glass carriage just as she wanted. It all looked spectacular and she would have loved it. Anyway another saga in my ongoing health problems for 2012 meant that I was admitted back into hospital on Friday with severe aneamia. Had to have blood transfusion of 2 pints to get my iron levels back up and feel much better now. Hopefully that explains the ongoing breathlessness and everything should be back on track from now. Needless to say dieting was far from achievable with everything that was going on and quite frankly a few stiff vodkas and some chocolate was exactly what the doctor ordered under the circumstances so I'm not beating myself up about it. Tommorrow is another day and I have 57 days of TFR to get as much fat off my ass as possible before we go to the IOM TT in June. Just need to keep focusing on how big my ass is and how small the pillion seat is on the back of his bike - ouch!!!

Day one done...tick. Had a couple of wobbly moments but more from boredem really. OH had my favourite chicken for his tea and the smell killed me but I resisted and felt quite good about that. Just kept myself occupied and ignored hil :) Just kept reminding myself its only 57 days to the IOM TT trip. Also I had a look through the new Simplybe catalogue and it had some really nice stuff that will look much better if I wasn,t as big so imagined myself needing to order maybe an 18 rather than my current 22, will check back on that one in 57 days.

Day 2 and 56 days to TT. No problems today. Quite a nice day so did a bit of gardening and tidied out the shed. That kept me nice and occupied so didn,t think of food at all. Started doing 30mins a day on the running machine... but can only manage a brisk walk as yet :) Good Friday tommorrow and a couple things planned with the family over the weekend but feeling strong and focused so should be ok. Roll on day3.

FairPlay Girlychick So sorry 2 read about Ur sad loss Bet she is Ur guardian angel and will b Watchin over u and help keep up Ur willpower on Ur journey to being a skinny Minnie!! Realise how much I take my luved ones 4 granted!!! Ur doin mighty Keep it up!! I'm keepin an eye on u From one red head to another Miles of smiles from across d water!!!

Back