For Foxtrot

You are so right ladies

Last night at my brother's for Eurovision he did some nibbles. I had a couple of olives, a small piece of parma ham without the breadstick, a small piece of wholemeal pitta with hummus and a few pomegranate seeds. To drink he created a jug of Virgin Mary for me. Spicy tomato juice with lemon juice, celery salt, tabasco and celery salt, in a lovely glass with a celery stick to stir. Bless him.xxx
It made me feel special not left out.
In the old days I would have had the lot including crisps, dips, loads of olives, dates in streaky bacon plus a bottle of wine!
Minerva,
I picked up from Icemoose:
I know how to ride a bike but it doesn't mean I always have to do it. I choose to
drive the car sometimes for various reasons.
Makes sense to me.

drive the car
I learnt from Icemoose

Yes BL, I'm still taking notes. I'm in the real world now apart from the bar as a snack so it's still good to see what people are maintaining on. (And pinch some recipe ideas!) I think it helps with the 'if you can do it, so can I' thoughts too.

KD, I've been really pleased with the way I've been asking if I really need to do or have something especially with alcohol (that stuff can be such a disappointment!!!!!). I've been more than happy with a quick sip of OH's wine at dinner so perhaps your 2 bite theory is working!!

That was very well done SB! I must admit I've always been a big virgin fan especially when we go out to dinner. It takes the edge off your appetite and is alcohol free it's just amazing how many way people make it!! And some haven't a clue. My favorite all time waiter was in the Butler Arms, Waterville, Ireland and he whizzed them up for me soooo perfect every time. Bliss.

How was your wrap! :)

Today:

Breakfast: Guess. LOL Blueberry Porridge

Lunch: egg on toast; apple

snack: celery, carrots and avocado/rocket/hoummus. YUM.
banana

Early Dinner: homemade Curry Sweet POtato soup - gorgeous! Will post the recipe later as its a goodun and others might like it. I was inspired by SB's homemade butternut soup. Also, green salad.

Evening snack will be: Strawberries/blueberries and mango with vanilla yogurt, sprinkled with a bit of homemade granola dn pomegranates.

Yummmmmy day! :D

i'm really enjoying reading this thread,
BL what do you put in your home made granola?
daisy x

Sunday

Skimmed milk Porridge with blueberries,goji berries, a spoonful of honey and a dollop of natural 0% fat probiotic yogurt.

Apple, pear, half a dozen dates

Home made butternut squash soup

Quinoa made with Marigold, curried chick peas and curried mustard leaves,large side salad/salsa chopped tomato, spring onion, grated carrot, chopped celery,mixed beans, mixed with lemon juice, black pepper and chilli flakes
Followed by a grated apple, cinnamon and some pine nuts.

Seems like masses compared with BL.I'll see how i get on at WI tomorrow.

cheers BL
what oats do you use.. are the scotts porridge ones ok?
x

yes, they are fine! For fruit, I use cranberries, or apricots, or apples cut up, or raisins, etc., or a combo of all, etc.

If you cannot find maple syrup you can use treacle, or maybe even honey - never tried honey, but it would probably work.

Just watch them towards the end - it can go dark brown quite easily.

Yum yum! :D

Back