for those following CS principles

NewBody

All this diet stuff is new to me, I've never been over 8 1/2 st b4, but I've put 2 stone on after giving up smoking and being lazy and over indulgent.I've been reading lots on this forum and on the net in gerneral but it does all get confusing so....
I Just want to ask those of you who arent doing CS but are following the same principles - (low carb diets with the odd shake of other brand), while doing low carb dieting or long term low carb eating plan do you need to be in Ketosis permintnantly???
If I.ve understood what i've read once into the swing of low carb eating your body produces its own stuff that it needs(cant remember names) and you function 'normal' . and it is ok to eat like this long term, as many remote tribes and inuits prove. ?

I may be confused, I've read so much. What do you peeps know about this way of eating as a long term health plan. ??

xx

what im doing is simple, i have taken principles from CS and atkins plus some sensible ideas from lipotrim,LL and CD.

basically i go into ketosis, low carbing until i am 10lbs to a stone above my target weight.

i will then "re-feed" basically over a few weeks add carbs back into my diet. this has to be done slowely so that the body can naturally adjust and so i can get used to eating them again.

once you get to your target weight try adding a few more carbs for 2 - 3 weeks and see if you gain or maintain.

if you gain, simply reduce them a little and keep to that for 2 - 3 weeks continiously maintaining

if you maintain the first time, then you have found a balance and its basically about enjoying your new slim bod and enjoying been healthy again!

hope this helps!!!!

Back