For those that have had children

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by RM07, 24 April 2009 Social URL.

1. RM07

RM07 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7.5lb(33.48%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Does the 'mummy tummy' ever disapear?

Since having my little boy I've got the tell tale 'pouch' for a tummy and I hate it. The stretch marks don't bother me as they are fading (but I found new ones on my hips :eek:) but the saggy, wrinkly overhang is so depressing.

I thought maybe I would have noticed a difference now I've lost a stone but no... its still there as big as ever!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sweet83

sweet83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(24.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    How spooky! I just got out the bath and was thinkin the exact same thing. I've lost 16lb and while my tummy has got smaller i fear i am always going to have the overhang you talk about!:cry:

Lets keep our fingers crossed!!

xx

4. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    My ds is nearly 8 and i lost a lot of weight when he was 2, i got down to a comfortable size 12 from a 20 but i still had the saggy belly :( I don't think it will ever go, but it doesn't bother me enough to go and do something about it either. It is just a wee remider that i'm a mummy and have 2 beautiful children xx

RM07 likes this.
  5. zenabob2105

zenabob2105 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(27.42%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I have had 2 kids, and although i never had sagging/stretched skin like my sister even though I am at Target size 10/12, I still have a wobbly/jelly belly as I call it...sorry it's not good news!!!

RM07 likes this.
  6. Emerald

Emerald Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    ---

Last edited: 29 July 2010
  7. Indieflower

Indieflower I have my mojo

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(39.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Red
    I know exactly how you feel! I don't think it will ever go, I think we just have to do our best to tone it. I do ab crunches everyday to try and solve it, and I think there are forming abs under the flab! lol

K xx

8. little*red

little*red Don't worry, be happy :)

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(24.1%)
    Diet:
    Clean eating
    Mine has slowly disappered just over a year after having my youngest. I still have really wrinkly skin but its slowly tightening up but I would say it wouldnt have happened without doing a good bit of exercise.
    You can check my profile pictures and you see the 'hang' in the before comparison picture.
    I've lost my weight really slowly so my skin has had time to catch up, so the slower loses from an eating plan like slimming world is great for your skin as it gives it the time to adjust to your weight loss. :)

RM07 likes this.
  9. Ninja

Ninja Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(20.28%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yeah, me too. Mine hangs over my c-section. I've been told it will shrink and get smaller as I lose weight, but that it will never go no matter how much exercise I do. The only thing that will shift it is surgery. But I can't honestly say I'm too worried about it so long as I look good in clothes, my days of looking good naked are long gone and I don't care what Gok says about it...lol

RM07 likes this.
  10. Harrie

Harrie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Little Red, your pics are fantastic! What a change

Exercise is the best way to go about it (or marry a millionaire and get surgery). I can recommend yogamazing.com Yoga for Love Handles. The last section is hard, but it gets easier with practice.

11. couteaux

couteaux Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan!
    Wow little*red your pictures are amazing!! Congrats on losing all that weight :D

I also have the loose skin. Even though my tummy is shrinking, I think once you get the wrinkly skin it is there to stay, you can lose the lbs and tone up muscle, but the skin damage can only be repaired by a tummy tuck. :(

It is disappointing when you can try so hard but there are some things we just cannot change. At least our tums will be leaner and we'll be healthier even if we do have a little 'pouch'. Hmmm, suddenly feeling rather like a kangaroo!

RM07 likes this.
  12. RM07

RM07 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7.5lb(33.48%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank you all for being so honest... no it's not what I wanted to hear and I've had a little cry about it :eek: but as someone said it is just another little reminder I had my little boy.

I do have an ab trainer which I've used once but need to use it some more... maybe it will help a little but if not at least I will have tried.

LittleRed - your photos are stunning! What an amazing transformation and I love the way your whole face is smiling in the during photos! Well done chick!

13. little*red

little*red Don't worry, be happy :)

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(24.1%)
    Diet:
    Clean eating
    thank you all for your lovely comments on my photos.
    I honestly think it can be done but it means doing it slowly to allow skin to recover, lots of toning exercises for the muscles underneath but also losing enough weight for the fat on you stomach to go, which means you would maybe have to get to the lower end of the bmi scale.
    Unfortunetly we can't pick and choose where we lose our weight from (well without lipo anyway!) and those little stubborn tummies just love hanging on in there!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.