For those who pick.....

mags1x

mags
I have cut and pasted this from my struggling/restarting diary that I started recently. It was a bit of a revelation to me to actually look at all the little bits of picking I did, thinking it wouldn't matter!

because I have commited myself mentally to a perfect week (admitedly I am only about 18 hours into the perfect week lol) I am starting to see just how much picking I do. I always thought I just picked a tiny bit and it couldn't possibly matter.

I think its great I have noticed this but I'm wondering how it took me so long!

So far today I WOULD have eaten a teaspoon of cheerios, one bite of banana, one bite of a slice of toast, half a fish finger, one bite of a breadstick and one raisin.

Basically I have one bite of everything before I pass it to my 2 year old, I'm like her royal taster rofl!:eek:

I reckon my little list probably adds up to a whole foodpack, and the day isn't over yet! theres potatos to dish up, and probably another piece of fruit and maybe toast before bedtime (Hannah eats plenty lol)

Makes me realise how much it could add up. To be fair 4 days a week usually I am work and the picking would be less those days, but I reckon it would still be around half of my list, so assuming I consume the equivalent of an extra foodpack a day 3 days a week and half of one 4 days a week thats an extra 5 packs in a week, which is more than a whole days eating! I suspect I am underestimating as well...:( :sigh: :mad:

and on top of that I have knowingly cheated and eaten more as well!:eek:

Its no wonder I'm not in management yet!:cry:

I am hoping there is hope for me yet rofl!:rolleyes:

Mags
xxxx

Mags of course there's hope for you - just look how far you have come up to now, you're doing brilliantly. The main thing is that you've admitted to yourself what you've been doing and you're aiming to not let it happen .... that deserves a lot of credit :)

Cath

Back