forecasting new clothes size with weightloss

Hi all

sorry to the mods if ive posted in the wrong place in advance

as we have all probably noticed, all the summer clothes are out in shops. im planning on going away to singapore in december. ive been on plan for 4 weeks nearly, and been going the gym at least 3 times a week since feb. im starting to notice all my current sizes being too big, and now having to buy the next size down. and probably by july hopefully a size even smaller.

so with all you lovely people probably got family hols soon coming up, what do you do?

buy clothes a size smaller , so when your hol comes round in aug they fit - or buy clothes in your current size and make do if there a bit big

i know its a bit random, but i need to buy the summer clothes before they change there stock to autum winter in aug. and just wondered what others do

sorry to ramble and sound a bit insane :eek:

When I'm still losing I tend to buy most of my clothes second hand from eBay, charity shops etc, that way they are dirt cheap and if they are too big, too small or only fit me for a week then it's not a problem. If I was you I'd buy a bunch if stuff in different smaller sizes and then when you get to holiday time you can see what fits. The other good thing with second hand is you're not at the mercy of what season clothes the shops have in, you can buy shorts, bikinis, wooly jumpers and thermal vests all year round! ?

I second what Wegle said, I love charity shops anyway and have had some absolutely amazing designer finds, I tend to buy things in a 12, as thats the size I was at 12st 4, a stone down from where I am now. For the time being I am making do. When I get to target then I'll invest in a 'new wardrobe'. However with the issue of needing to buy clothes now in summer style for later int he year, it is a hard call, you'd be safe at least a size down and if youve slimmed down they might be a bit bog but they'd do. Obly you know how fast you ar elosing and how likely you are to need 2 sizes down. For me I've found each stone is roughly a clothes size but that differs from person to person anyway.

Yup, me tooo, Im raiding ebay daily cos I just cant afford to be buying new stuff that'll only last a month or two. But if you're not going til December I would leave it until a lot closer to the date before buying anything as you dont know what rate you're going to lose at, even ebay stuff will be dead by December!

I'm an eBay addict although I have a thing for boots at the moment cos I can now get them round my calves :) always look for bundles that are local so I can save on postage x

I think catalogues like next etc always have a holiday shop section that you would still be able to get nearer the time. With Internet shopping these days you can always seem to get what you need x

Back