Forgive me 4 i have syned

shell09

Silver Member
Wow so nearly went over by mistake I've had 14.5 syns today! It's my first week I only normally have 2-8 syns does and can anybody actually have 15 per day and still lose?!

Yes. I always have my 15 syns, only time I have gained is when I went way over the syn allowance. But it can depend on the individual and while I still lose using all 15 or 105 (per week) I will continue.

I tend to have about an average of 9 a day, maybe a couple more at the weekend. I'd be interested to know if peeps that have all 15 a day still lose a good amount per week. (I nearly put a significant amount but I realise that any weight loss is significant lol) x

I don't always have 15 per day but I sometimes do. It hasn't made any difference to my losses. They are what makes this plan sustainable to me (because they help me stick to the plan) so if you need them, use them. Then if your losses slow down you can think about reducing them or looking at other aspects of what you are eating.

Gail x

Interesting mine today were used throughout the day with cooking etc like olive oil etc but maybe il have 15 syns worth of chocolate lol knim great diet!! I better loose lol

Slimming World wouldn't say that you can have 5-15 syns a day if you weren't allowed to eat a full 15! :)

Our c recommends about 10 a day, but I know if I had 15 every day I wouldnt lose much. Everyone is so different, but somedays I struggle to have even 10. I am so full tonight with S W quiche I just about managed a slice of melon. I have a S W strawberry cheesecake in the fridge, but it will have to wait till tomorrow now. Such a fantastic eating plan!

I had 68 syns on sat night and still lost 4.5lbs! Don't think I could get away with that every week though. I normally stick to 10 but don't beat myself up if I go over. We're allowed 15 and like everyone else has said SW wouldn't say you could if it didn't work. But it's a personal choice really. I like to have them so that if I do plauteau I have something that I can cut down on to boost my loses.

Wow wegle lol

That's a great loss with those Saturday night syns well done! Dud u save syns up during the week it reduce them the following week or just write it off?

I have 15 syns a day, sometimes more lol. I have lost 12 pounds since Christmas and didn't have that much to lose really either.
Think it depends on the person, I told myself that if I stopped losing I would cut down on syns, but haven't yet (had 2 weeks at sts but that was because I didn't stick to plan those weeks) apart from that have lost 1 or 2 pounds every week :D

Wow wegle lol

That's a great loss with those Saturday night syns well done! Dud u save syns up during the week it reduce them the following week or just write it off?

I had saved up about 30 and the other 38 I just wrote off. I figure you have to have a day off every now and again as long as its not all the time it should be ok. I'm just hoping it doesn't catch up with me next week!

That's excellent.. Think you'll be ok just have a strict week n sure there will be no catch up !

Hiya I have my full 15 syns with the approach that if I hit a plateau then I have a option to reduce my syns in the aim to kick start my weight loss.

I'm the same I'm only new (again lol!) to SW but I lost 6.5lbs in one week and I had between 13-15 syns every day - I'm even know to run around the house finding stuff to eat if I'm syns under lol!

I think I'll start to aim for 10 syns that way if i go a bit over I'm still under the 15, but I'll rethink my strategy if I start gaining or the losing slows to almost nothing :)

One thing I do think is regardless of the syns certain foods would still be better for you- I'm sure an avocado is still a better use of syns then a mars bar :)

In the name of dieting ofc I ate a twirl today for my syns I felt like binging n was feeling a bit crappy but thanks to the syns I did have the choc without breaking the diet it does make me a little more sceptical that I will actually show a loss on sat but fingers crossed

Lol well thunk I'd go for the mars bar though don't know if I could stop there!

Back