Forum Buddy Needed

Dans-90x

Hi all

This is my second time on this diet, first time managed to look 3st in 4 months which I never thought I'd be able to do.

Started THD again on 1st July in time for their 30dayblitz, but am struggling due to the heat. Have had a day off today as is my anniversary but feeling very bloated and sluggish after took my carbs.

Any fellow THDers out there able to lend some support please! :) xx

Hi ive been looking at this Diet and have sent for the book I lost 7 stones on the LL diet a couple of years ago but yes its all but 1 stone back on ahhhhhhh hope its going ok for you and hope to get started as soon as book arrives will be looking out for your threads.
take care
Helen.

Hi Helen

Thank you for your reply.
It's going ok this time, up until yesterday I had lost 10lbs in 8days so pretty steady, I did out 1st back on after my initial diet so was back up to 13st 1lb. I am aiming for 10st 7lb eventually but want to be 11st for my holiday.

I find it easy to follow until I am in public with people and they seem to criticise my eating. However, I'm hoping with a few online support buddies I will be able to stick to it and finally get back down to my ideally weight. I used to be 9st when I started dating my OH so in 5 years I've put all this weight on and feel very self conscious,

Helps that he is also dieting but doing paleo diet as loves his fruit!

Back on the wagon today, but haven't weighed after yesterday's nightmare! Will have to at some point I guess so I can get back on track! X

Hi, thought I would come and say hello and hope we can help each other.

I love this eating plan and usually feel very well on it, but find the sugar cravings are only just below the surface so I have to avoid even berries, unless its a special occasion, as even these trigger cravings for me.

I do find the food tasty and the fact that cream and butter are allowed is a bonus :)

Hope you managed to get back on track ok and with your help maybe Ill get back on track and manage to stay there!!

Hi dawn

I have been good since Wednesday, but disappointed that I'm only back at my pre Wednesday weight. However looking on the plus side I am now 10lbs down since 1st July. I will be stricter with myself, which means no cheese as it seems to cause me problems. Been walking 5k everyday at moment as well. However last time round the weight came off a lot quicker, but I'm trying to remain positive!

How are you getting on? Fruit in the summer is so refreshing but must resist lol! Zoe herself said it makes you retain water easily and bloats you out.

Have a good weekend!

Hi you sound as if you are doing well. I actually avoid the scales as they don't make me feel good most of the time and I become obsessed by them, jumping on and off throughout the day and I don't want to go down that road again so am going by my clothes. I know this will be a long road for me with lots of ups and downs but am looking at it as a plan for life.

I find that dairy stalls my weight loss a lot, but I do love a cuppa :) have wondered if the lacto-free would work any better or do you think that may be classed as processed?

Congratulations on your weight loss and your fitness. I am going to modern jive tomorrow as I love dancing and that for me is perfect exercise :)

I live on lactofree milk, cheese etc. I find it has same taste as real dairy but it doesn't have the side effects! I guess it varies with each person, so worth giving it a try to see?

Oh a jive would be a great fun way to exercise! I'm struggling in the heat- housework and then I'm done lol!

Had a little blip last night, but I'm over it. Been good today with OHs family here so won't beat myself up!

Hope your weekend has been ok!

I always find it difficult when we have family over/visit as there are usually goodies around, but I also think that this isn't a diet, but a way of life and a treat now and again should be possible.............getting straight back on track is the more difficult bit, for me anyway lol

Hi :)

How you doing? Can you give me an idea of a typical days menu for me to get some ideas please? Tomorrow is supposed to be day 1 of my eating plan and it would be good to see what it is that you eat as you have had good results.

Been off the wagon pretty badly this weekend- oops! Lol, blame it on TOTM!

I would generally stick to fat meals not carb meals as I found more results with fat.

So I would have maybe bacon and eggs, tinned toms for breakfast.

Cold meat salad for dinner, I tend to have beef, ham, prosciutto and chicken chopped up with some salad and splash of balsamic vinegar.

Tea would be something hot- either chicken/turkey and bacon parcels with roasted veg, chicken korma, Mexican chicken, roasted lamb, cottage pie(but swede and carrot mash not potato) or birds eye do cooked to perfection fish that is cod, with sundried tomato and rosemary.

Hope these ideas help!
It's always handy to plan well in advance, and maybe cook more up so can leave in fridge in case need to snack, waiting for food to cook is when I usually cave lol! :)

Hope you've had a good weekend!?

Hey there peeps! I've been following Harcombe since end of April. Lost a stone so far but starting to struggle, had a big night out last Saturday and now the hols are here I'm finding it hard to get back on track! Hoping by posting on here it'll force me into good ways again, how about posting our eating on here? Defo helps me if I have to tell peeps how I'm getting on! Lol! Back on the wagon tomz for sure, hope you guys don't mind me getting involved. ?X

Hi guys I'm just starting day one today so I'm nervous and excited.... I've been losing weight steadily over the last year and a half but I'm getting married in four months and wud like to lose the last 10-12 lbs. best of luck to all x

Hi newbies!!!

Hope your first days go well- I won't kid you, the withdrawal headaches are pretty intense but so worth it in the end!

I fell off the wagon this weekend pretty badly due to a lot of things including TOTM. However, back on track and have now lost the weight that I put on over weekend. This time on harcombe I have lost 14lbs.

Meaning I am now back at my all time lowest weight since starting on harcombe.

Have an event on weekend that I am hoping to be my skinniest yet! Fingers crossed hey!!

Going to make a beef madras for tea- was lovely when I tried it on Monday!!!

Hi

this is day one for me (again) and aiming to be 100% til a hospital appt in October as I know my consultant will moan at me as put on all the weight I lost. Anyway can't dwell on that so onwards and downwards as they say :)

Hi ya. I am just waiting on my book to arrive and won't be starting till next Monday as want 5 clear days where I haven't got anything on. Can anyone give me an idea of what is and isn't allowed on phase 1. I have just started slimming world and realizing why I disliked it before. It's so restrictive when going out and I'm getting a stupid amount of fruit which is playing havoc with my cravings. Also they don't really like good fats and I miss my nuts, seeds and olive oil.

The Harcombe Diet – A Summary PHASE 1 – 5 DAYS • Do eat meat, fish, eggs, (Tofu – if you are tolerant to soy products), Natural Live Yoghurt, any salads, any vegetables (except potatoes or mushrooms), some brown rice, herbs & spices, olive oil and butter. • Do drink still or sparkling water, herbal teas, decaffeinated tea or coffee. • Don’t eat anything that is not on the list above. No fruit, no wheat or grains (other than brown rice) no white rice, no sugar, no cakes, no biscuits, no confectionery, no cheese, no pickled or processed foods. • Don’t drink alcohol, fruit juices, soft drinks, low calorie soft drinks, caffeinated products or milk. PHASE 2 – WHILE YOU NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT • Rule 1 – Don’t eat processed foods. • Rule 2 – Don’t eat fats and carbohydrates at the same meal. • Rule 3 – Don’t eat foods that cause your cravings. PHASE 3 – LIFE-LONG • Don’t cheat too much. • Don’t cheat too often. • Be alert and stay in control. TOP VITAMIN AND MINERALS TIPS • Take a multi vitamin and mineral tablet daily. • Ideally take a tablespoon of Essential Fatty Acids and extra Vitamin C daily. Copies available on The Harcombe Diet® | Stop Counting Calories & Start Losing Weight
Hope this helps

This is a short summary of the general principles for THD. I find it easy to follow as you aren't restricted to amount you can eat, just what kinds of foods. However, any diet that lets you eat a plate of bacon and eggs for breakfast can't be that bad lol!! X

This is great thanks!! I have a hormonal imbalance which I believe is stopping me from getting pregnant! I need to lower my bmi from 28 and I know this will help... Have 2 stone to lose but want a lifestyle change rather than a diet.

I've managed to lose 3st on this diet, two stone lost in 6 weeks and then have been very slack with the other stone! I am not determined to get to my ultimate goal weight so have another 1st 7lb to lose on this diet! I will start again tomorrow as have been on/off all weekend!

It's a great diet as results are very quick! Good luck!! X

Back