Forum-first timer. Slimming -old timer!

Hi everybody. I have never used a forum of any sort before. Not sure if this is where I start my diary...But I'll type in here and see what happens!
I am just reaching the end of day 2 on CD. I started reading other people's weight loss diaries on here and found it such fantastic motivation. Everybody's doing so well. I have never allowed my weight or dieting habits become public before, but I really want this to work and thought my own diary would be a very good idea... although I am shy and nervous!
Anyway, I tried this diet once before and lasted about 2 days, then my sulking got the better of me (and the fact that a lot of the products seemed to make feel quite sick) and I gave in.
This time is different as I am getting married in July and am desperate not to be a fat bride. Also, if we can ever afford it, we will be having fertility treatment and my BMI is way too high.
So, I went to see my CDC yesterday morning and started as soon as I got home (obviously had a massive food blow out the night before and the night before that!). 17st 2! :eek: I knew it was going to be something like that, but hearing it and seeing it written down was horrible.
CDC is going on holiday on saturday (which will be exactly a week from when I started), so my first weigh in will be 2 and a half weeks away. This is good, as it should hopefully give me a very good first loss, but seems so long away.
Nearly gave in today already, found it hard this afternoon and my mind is so good at creating logical reasons why I can't continue! I did not give in and I will not.
Also, I must share with you... Not only did my OH drive us out to McDonalds for a breakfast this morning (which he ate in the car, while I read a paper and looked at the scenery!), but when I got home from CDC yesterday, he presented me with a box of chocolates he had got for me!
Right.... now let me see if I can post this!

Welcome Mrs G-to-be:welcome2:
Well done on getting two days done and dusted and for resisting all temptation which shows you are very determined...in two and half weeks when you have your weigh in you will get your rewards and I am sure it will be a good one.

Here is the link for the Cambridge Forum and if you need any help please ask:)

Cambridge Diet Forum - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

Best of luck on your CD journey and with your wedding plans for the future:love047:

So, day 3.... I had a banana shake for breakfast and it wasn't too bad! I have started making them with more water so they taste less like powder. I felt hungry at lunchtime but wasn't able to make up a shake at work. I will have to get a shaker thingy, but can't for the next few weeks until I see my CDC.
I was very hungry when I returned from work and had a toffee and walnut shake, now I just want water for my tea though. I seem to be having trouble forcing myself to have 3 shakes, that might just be because they weren't very well spread out, though.
I am preparing a roast for the rest of the clan. It smells pretty special!
Never mind.... sigh........

Well I have been aright old misery guts today:sigh:. I have been proper grumpy. I am not hungry; still struggling to make myself have the shakes. This afternoon was always going to be the hardest of the week. This is my afternoon off work, when I come home to study. The house is empty (which doesn't happen any other time). Empty house, to me, is time to scoff.... In fact, if I am being completely honest, normally I would go to the shop on the way home from work at lunch time and get loads of rubbishy food for me to eat whilst I study. So this morning the sulks game on and I started playing mind games with myself. For example, telling myself that I might as well blow it this afternoon, because tuesdays are such a treat having time at home alone, then it's chip van night in the village tonight and I'll drive right past it on my way home from my evening running Brownies, so I might as well screw up this afternoon because then I can stop at the van aswell on my way home and be good again tomorrow.
What kind of rubbish is happening in my head?!
I new it would be hard today, but I must say, it was way harder than I had imagined! Although it is almost time to start picking up from schools and clubs and to get ready for brownies. If I get to the end of today I shall feel quite elated!
I love that little fallen agel icon where his wings fall off.... But I refuse to use it!
I have just found out how to make my ticker, I really fancy one of those. That'll be my treat when I get home tonight and the girls are settled in bed.
As yet, I still have no idea how to get onto my own diary page each time I update it. I have to keep going to the search bar and putting in the title of the thread... I know I am being stupid and there must be a really easy way, but at the moment it escapes me entirely! Also; can anybody else see this? I hoped others could see it and would comment. This si the first time I have ever wanted to share my dieting with somebody and I really hoped for some replies on here from other people. I feel very much alone :needhug:

Feeling better now. Sorry about the grumpiness. Day 4 complete. I am pretty chuffed. Today was always going to be hard and I did it. Next week I'll see if I can do it without moaning!;)
So, I did drive past the chip van on the way to Brownies and on the way home and I actually held my breath so as not to smell it! Genius, I thought!
Got home about 7.30 and as I have only managed one shake today, I had another. Thought I had better try the chocolate. I really didn't fancy it, but as I have an even number of each flavour I think I should try to spread out the varieties a little. Otherwise, I could end up with 5 of a flavour I don't like when I start to run out and have to have them constantly. So, I made myself have the chocolate. I made it fairly thin and..... it was actually lovely:bliss:
All good... happy happy happy xx

Still finding things really tricky on here. Takes ages to find my diary. I log in, search for it, go to write in it and then it says I am not logged in, then I log in again. It is annoying me. This has it's benefits. It is annoying me so much that I am more bothered by it that by the fact that I can't have any food! Result!:)
Anyway, strawberry shake for breakfast. The scales are telling me something lovely........sh........don't get excited!

Hi Mrs G to be been reading your diary. I've been using the site for just over a week now and still unsure how to use it, but everyone is very friendly, I'm the same as you first time I've used a forum and spoke about how i feel about my weight . I'm finding it very empowering and motivating to read the success of the members. Wish I could read more, you could spend a lot of time on this forum. Good luck I look forward to reading your weight loss diary x

Thank you so much for your post. You have made me feel so much better on an emotional day. I didnt expect to feel so down, hope it passes. I have been feeling extremely lonely and your message has made me feel much less so. Thank you. Hope all is going well with you on your journey. I'm sure we'll find our way round the site like pros in no time!:) x

Mrs G-to-be said:
Thank you so much for your post. You have made me feel so much better on an emotional day. I didnt expect to feel so down, hope it passes. I have been feeling extremely lonely and your message has made me feel much less so. Thank you. Hope all is going well with you on your journey. I'm sure we'll find our way round the site like pros in no time!:) x

We sure will be experts shortly and you keep your chin up. You'll have to join the Monday weigh-in thread and post your weight losses unless you already have a allocated weigh day.X

Hi Mrs-g-to-be, Welcome to the forum.
What a brilliant motivator for your weight loss journey.. Here's hoping that things go well for you and you are so in the right place for lots of support and advice.

If I can help you with the bit about finding your diary ... just click on your name at the top of the blue tool bar where it says "Welcome Mrs G-to-be" this will take you to your profile and then click on "statistics" which will then say "All Threads started by you" which you click on and there you go...and just click on where it says "last page"
There are lots of other ways to get there but that will help you for the time being.

All the very best to you.... :)

Glad to have been of some help Mrs G-to-be! ... :)

By the way...I just love to use the icons (Smilies) as I think that put such a lot of feeling into what is being written which can sometimes be lost in this idiom...:rolleyes: ... :confused: ... :D

Must say, however, that anyone doing these sachet type diets have all my sympathy as I wouldn't be able for them.

Hope you have a happy Friday...:)

friday-graphics-3.gif

Last edited:
Thank you:thankyou:, not sure I'll ever be clever enough to put lovely pictures up like you just did!
Have a fabulous day yourself x

It's day 7!:eek: I can hardly believe it. I know I will be doing this no fod malarky for many months, but still part of me can't believe I have nearly completed a week!
The scales seem to think I have lost 12 1/4 pounds in six days. Since this is obviously not quite a week, I will of course be obliged to weigh again in the morning;) Feeling really chuffed:D and a little scared that it will just all stop.
I have just had a choccie shake for breakfast as a treat, because I really like that one.
It's friday everybody:) have a fabulous day xxxxx

Wow Mrs G well done you what a massive weight loss..... :) well done you and its not your weigh in till tomorrow, so could be more. Xxx

Thank you:) I am excited by the whole diet thing now I know I am getting somewhere. I still won't believe it though until my actual weigh in which is still a week and a half away:sigh:, although I will still not be able to resist checking in the morning... hee hee.

Mrs G-to-be said:
Thank you:) I am excited by the whole diet thing now I know I am getting somewhere. I still won't believe it though until my actual weigh in which is still a week and a half away:sigh:, although I will still not be able to resist checking in the morning... hee hee.

Good luck, and post your results. A week and a half is to long I'd be the same. I can't wait to go to bed just to see if I've got that .6 off tomorrow, if I haven't I'll just have to try harder x totally understand getting excited about the whole diet thing loosing is a great buzz..... its because were in control......

You're right, it is impossible to resist! Anyway it's still moving in the right direction. Having a stupidly busy day yesterday made it it easy to stay on track. Unfortunately ended with me standing in Pizza Hut for over half an hour waiting for takeaway for my daughter's birthday sleepover..... oh the smells!!!!!!!!!!!! That was really hard. I love pizza and Pizza Hut used to be my favourite place to go. I actually haven't had one for ten years, so standing in there and being flooded with all of those old smells made me pretty grumpy. Then as I drove home with it next to me in the car I told myself to enjoy the smells and see them as my treat. Sort of worked a bit. Although whilst they were eating it I was sulking and in my head I was listing all of the things I would like.... pizza, spinach and ricotta canneloni, jacket potato and beans...etc...
Anyway, weight is going great. According to my home scales I have lost 1st and 1/2 pound this week. Nothing official 'til CDC weigh in though. Not bad considering I have run a cake stall this week, cooked a roast, had a film night where my oldest had doritos and dip, baked a birthday cake, been brought chocolates, been to mcdonalds while my partner had a breakfast, and been given wedding cake samples to try. So far not one crumb has passed my lips.
Another busy day today, which will make it a little easier, hope everybody else is having lovely weekends x

Well done Mrs G to be... loads of temptation there and I like what you said about to treat the smell as a treat, that's sort of what I did yesterday with fresh warm bread, I had my head practically in the bag I must have looked like a horse. Well done with your loss I'm sure when weigh in comes you'll do good x

Back