FP's ups and downs, heading towards a new me.

Kev*

Hello Everyone
I have started posting to my own blog but I am unsure yet if I can link to it, so I thought I would stick a few snippets here. (Just realised that I can link to it in my signature if anyone wants to have a nosey)

It is now time to try and get fit and go somewhere where I haven't been for many years.

Where's that I hear you ask (Talking to myself here)

I haven't had a healthy BMI for years,

I haven't felt good about the way I look, for years.

I haven't had more than about 10% of my clothes that fit me, for years

This is my first post in my diary so I have a weekly ongoing record of my success or failure that I can refer to, to either spur me on or alternatively record yet another failure?

Time will be the judge.

To start the ball rolling, here is a graph of my weight over the year, makes me laugh every time :)
View media item 4696
My next post will include my start weight as well as my weight after the first week.

Well, our home scales weighed about 4lb lighter than they should have, that pissed me right off!(sorry)

Had a really good start to the week, walked every night with Beau (the pooch) and went circuit training on Tuesday and Friday (still half kills me every time) haven't got the hang of exercising and breathing at the same time)

Drum roll please dddddrdrdrrrrrrdddddrrrddddddddrrrrrrrrrr

Start weight on Saturday 2nd Jan 232lb which equates to a jar dropping 16St 8lb (I should be 7ft 6in)

First weigh in on Friday 12th Jan, even bigger drum roll dddddddrddrrrrrdrdrrrrrrrr

In 10 days, lost a total of 7.8lb now weighing 224.2lb (16st 0.2lb)

And now for the painful bit, for before and after pics, you have to have the before pics first!
The last pic is an old one but the weight is exactly the same as my start weight!!

I do apologise to all my viewers (Me)..... and now, maybe a few MiniMins losers (I mean that in a nice way)
View media item 4701View media item 4700View media item 4699View media item 4698View media item 4702

Start weight 232lbs
First weigh in, 10 days later 224.2lbs

Last edited:
Well. today was a good day..... so far.
Breakfast Porridge and Fruit
Lunch SW Quiche (0 sins) and salad plus a Muller light yogurt and a satsuma
Dinner Was going to be salmon and veggies with a SW sauce but got to pick the daughter up from the railway station at about 9 and could;t wait till gone 9 so had SW leek and potato soup, 2 slices of wholemeal bread and will probably have a yogurt later?
Also, got home from work and went for a 3 miles jog/walk, probably about 50/50 with Beau, overdid it a bit as my legs were a bit wobbly!
Will be weighing myself from tomorrow, every morning as I have a brill app on my phone that creates an ongoing record of my ups and downs, hence the rather disturbing weight record graph, posted earlier.
Here's to a good tomorrow :)

Not sure if I just keep adding info in the comments section? But here goes.
Yet another busy but good day.
Breakfast - Porridge and Blueberries
Lunch - SW quiche, tons of salad, a yogurt and a banana
Dinner - Salmon, syn free dressing, carrots, asparagus, baby corn on the cob and 4 small new potatoes
Maybe a yogurt later but not sure yet.
No exercise tonight, should have gone circuit training but work got in the way!
I weigh myself every morning and add results to my 'Happy Scale App'
Not getting weighed until Friday am but things looking good with nearly a 2lb loss so far :)
Next post, thinking of finding a 'target shirt' one I used to wear and getting a photo wearing it, now THAT should be a laarffff.

Hey @Kev* I am enjoying reading your updates. Keep it up.

As you said pretty much you just keep replying to the thread its not a conventional Blog like format but it seems to work for a lot of people.

My intended target shirt has, I think, been chucked!(Thank god really, it was/is several sizes too small, if I find it, will stick it on)
Here are my next 3!! (Taking photos again when half way to target weight)
View media item 4705View media item 4704View media item 4703
Today was another decent day although it did include two bottles of Budweiser (Think about 6 syns each but not a clue really?)
Breakfast - Porridge with a small bit of jam
Lunch - SW syn free leek and potato soup, two slices of Hovis wholemeal bread
Dinner - Pork steak and roasted veggies (all free) 1 Muller Light Yogurt

Not much exercise tonight apart from a quick dog walk, Fitbit arriving soon the the walking will go up. (One happy Dog!) :)

Not a bad day, been weighing myself every morning but this morning I went in the little room at work where we have our Friday morning weigh in's and the scales wouldn't work, so i gave it a bit of a shake and the battery fell out! Shoved it back in and made a hasty retreat.
So....... hopefully getting weighed in the morning (if someone sorts it out)
I have been hoping to average 2lb per week but have really enjoyed this healthy eating malarky and have had such a good start, reckon I might be on for 3 or even 4 lb?? (setting myself up for a crash and burn!)

Breakfast - Porridge - Blueberries, cup of tea
Lunch - Beans on toast (whole can and 3 slices of small wholemeal bread, no butter) plus a yogurt. Cup of Coffee.
Dinner - Smoked fish, prawns and topped with slice potatoes. Banana with Muller light yogurt. Cup of tea.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow morning!

Another 4.6lb gone...... Yay!!!!!

Dear fellow Herd members ( I am the old grumpy bull, stood in the corner on his own) All will become clear.
I read something in this month SW magazine which I thought was funny and it wasn't supposed to be.

One of the ladies who had lost loads and it was hard to see that it was the same person in the before and after pics, was talking about her journey and said something like " My weight gain was always the'Elephant in the room' just not spoken about"
Still keep tittering!

I wish my weight was occasionally 'the elephant in the room' but with 4 kids all preaching about BMI and Blood Pressure I will just have to be the real elephant in the room until the pounds tumble.
Good luck with everyone's weekly weigh ins.

Breakfast - Porridge and Blueberries
Lunch - Fish Pie and veg, Yogurt and a Banana
Dinner - Healthy Fry up. Quarn sausages, bacon, eggs, beans, tomatoes
(Two bottles of Budweiser!)

Last edited:
Not a bad day.
Seven and a half mile walk with wife and sister in law, our dog is on doggie holiday with my daughter so only one collie, Belle.
Breakfast (ready for a change) Porridge and blueberries
Lunch Ham salad, two slices of bread
Dinner - SW Lamb curry and rice.
( This week, plan to walk the pooch every morning before work as she will be stuck in the house while I am away :-( )
Also make two sessions of circuit training and get the bike out on the turbo roller to get those legs moving.
Next week prediction 3 to 4 lb off :)

IMG_2732.PNG

Last edited:
Well done on the weight loss.:)

Wish turbo roller is the best cheapest one. I would love to get on my bike but the weather hasn't been great so was looking at the rollers last weekend but didn't know which one to go for.

Well done on the weight loss.:)

Wish turbo roller is the best cheapest one. I would love to get on my bike but the weather hasn't been great so was looking at the rollers last weekend but didn't know which one to go for.[/QUOTE]
Sorry Mary, not a clue, the one I have is called a CycleOps and I borrowed it.
Here it is, set up for next week.
IMG_2737.jpg

Last edited:
Just found another unflattering photo for my 'before' section.
I just don't want to be this person anymore.
12.2 lb gone, just over 30 to go (There is now a worse one on my fridge :) )
IMG_1115.jpg

Couldn't sleep, been watching Match of the Day as well as looking at all the inspirational posts and Diary entries of you lot.
The food choices out there are amazing (I feel hungry) :)
I have split my weight loss target into mini targets which I thought was a good idea.
My next mini target is not far away so not even thinking of my main goal.
Hope everyone had an enjoyable and healthy weekend, roll on the next weigh in.
IMG_2739.PNG

Cheers Mary, trying the Patties out on Friday

Ten to six in a morning!
Dog looking at me, waiting to be taken out, thought about a walk/jog but def starting with a brisk walk only.
Had a good weekend with a decent walk on the Saturday then went to York to see one of our daughters and managed to walk around York and actually resisted 'Donuts' that our daughter dispatched in record time.
Did have a pint but like I keep telling myself, its not a diet, its Healthy Eating combined with a lifestyle change (that's my excuse, anyway)
Hers to another healthy eating week and at least 2.1lb off to get rid of my first stone. :)
(Edit: Walk done, doggy happy)

Last edited:
I get up at 6.30 am every morning and I thought that was early.

Well done for resisting the donuts. One pint isn't that bad.

Good Luck for this week and fingers crossed you get 2.1lb loss.:)

Back