Fraggles New Atkins diary

One of my most fave programme & one of my favourite words too! That, Wigwam & Bubble!

wigwam :) i like the word fresh and a certain swearword :D

Weightloss seems to have slowed to next to nothing which having been to two spin classes this week as well as being good as gold is kinda disappointing. However on the plus side my scales reckon my % Bodyfat has dropped by about 10% which is amazing. I am just hoping that some of this flab is converting itself to some of this lean muscle mass I've heard so much about. I can but hope.
Thinking of trying a Zumba class next week - any exercise class that claims to be a party is ok in my books :0)

get yourself a tape measure hon x

Muscle weighs more than fat Fraggle.

Hi Fraggle
Recommend the Zumba class - I am doing 2 a week and really loving it. Perhaps not quite a party but definitely fun :D

Ok the tape measure is decreasing so that's great but my weight has actually increased by 2.5 lbs this week!!! Slightly worrying but I suppose if the inches are coming off I shouldn't care. Still not a great motivator. I think my digital scales have it in for me - they regularly show i've had a good loss and then just as it decides to lock my weight in it jumps up by about a kilo just to tease me. MEEEEEAAAANNNNNIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!
Still feeling good though and haven't cheated at all. I have ordered some Ketostix just to reassure myself that I am in ketosis.
Have a good weekend all x

well done on the inches. really we should ban scales and just use our clothes to measure losses :D

Well done on all that exercise, sorry about the scales.
Mine do the same tease like jump, I swear they wait for me to breathe and then leap.

I'd go by the tape fraggle.

Weigh in today..... Interesting!!! Well my weight had crept up by today I massively increased my water intake and I dropped 7 pounds in a day - amazing!!! Couldn't believe it as it came off in just a few hours.
Anyway weekly weigh in is 5.5lbs which I'm really happy with.
YAY ME!!! :0D

Wow that is a FAB loss fraggle. I always seem to lose more when I get my water up - it feels like it should be counterproductive but it isn't. Well done!

I think yesterdays reading was a red herring - teaches me for relying on someone elses scales. Looks like it was only a 2.5lb loss but at least it is starting to shift again now, at one point this week it looked like it might be a gain. Really need to stop weighing myself daily.

Morning fraggle, oh yes, different scales = different weights.

Not a happy bunny this morning. Had a sneaky peak on the scales. I've been good as gold this week, added more water increased my fibre with some phsylum husk capsules and somehow I've gained slightly. Last time I did Atkins the weight flew off and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong this time. I've checked the ketostix and I'm in ketosis.
A typical days food is scrambled egg and 3 bacon, chicken bacon and cheese with low carb mayo then steak with mushrooms and onions for dinner. Possibly a sugar free jelly and cream a peperami and cheesestring for snacks. 3litres of water. If anyone can see anything glaringly obvious please yelp.

Morning fraggles,

where's your 3 mugs of chopped green leaf veggies?

Onions are not allowed on induction, they are quite carby love.

Sorry to hear fraggle but im sure it will sort out soon. There's a post somewhere with list of what stalls people - think its on "what i learned" thread. Worth taking a look

Erm busted - not a great lover of green things but I have been having things like Cauliflower, Corgettes and asparagus with my dinners most nights. I haven't had too much onions I usually go for sliced leeks as they are lower carb but I'm guessing that's a no no too.

I might try cutting back on the cheese as I am probably over doing that a bit - in terms of cream hardly any.

Back