France anyone?

I've never found either quark or cottage cheese in France. The closest to cottage cheese is "faisselle", available in 0% fat, but it's not lumpy like cottage cheese. I saw some faisselle in Aldi the other day, which was marked as "recette anglaise", but didn't buy any as it is full fat. It's in small tubs with a red label on it. I did wonder if it was lumpy.

For any recipe that calls for quark, I use fromage blanc, but I do make my own, so can make it thicker than the normal runny stuff. If anyone's interested, it's a "Lagrange" fromagère and it is fabulous! The fromage blanc comes out like mascarpone if you leave it to drain long enough.

Hello everyone. I've just made a fantastic discovery that I thought I'd share with you. Carambars. 30 calories each (the caramel flavour ones), so 1.5 syns. They really hit the sweet craving and last for ages - well they do in the current cold temperatures lol. Surely it's not normal for me to be lighting my woodburner and putting on my electric blanket - or warming up my sailor (see an article I wrote here) in May :D

Hello!
I live in Brittany and have just ordered some slimming world books as have a few kilos to shed!
When I get the hang of how it works, I'll let you know if I fine anything interesting in the shops!

Salut, Leapfrog!
I live in a place called Binic, just west of Saint Brieuc. (Côtes d'Armor). Where are you?

Hey, that's not so far. We'll have to meet up when I've got a weight loss to celebrate! hahaha
My son lives in Rennes. I have a daughter who lives in Cornwall with 2 boys - 4 and 1/2 and 3 - they're coming over in July on holiday - can't wait. Do you have children?

Oh wise woman!
I've just had a wander around our Leclerc and there wasn't any spray oil :cry: but there were lots of light salad dressings - different makes, so I got a couple to try. The Lesieur sauce crudité moutarde à l'ancienne seems quite tasty and it's 36kcals for 20ml - doesn't seem too bad. One sauce that I make that I like is a pot of 0% fat yoghurt, a squirt of tomato purée, a crushed clove of garlic, salt and pepper and perhaps a squirt of lemon juice.

Can anyone help me? I've got the food optimising book from amazon. It looks very good; The one thing I don't understand is the following :
On a green day you can have some meat, but how much?
On an original day you can have potatoes and carbs, but again, how much? or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Hi Everyone
I am living in South West France (not far from Angouleme) and I have just started on SW (have lost a stone on a low carb diet so far, but don't like it much so am going onto SW as it seems really healthy). I was thinking of doing more red days than green, but will play it by ear and see how I get on. Any recipe ideas would be greatly appreciated! :eat:

Back