France anyone?

hello everyone

Ive just moved to France arrived in October 7months pregnant. Didnt know I could of done slimming world while I was pregnant otherwise would of started it at home in Ireland. Weight really flew on when I was breast feeding omg I was starving all the time. Baba chops on the bottle thank goodness so really need to get myself back. I want to be a yummy mammy not a yucky mammy. Saw this tread today great advice and got some of the stuff today. Havent joined the online slimming world just yet lol hope to do it during the week. Getting on line not easy as easy lol. I want to lose 2 stones before i go back to work in September, once i get my teeth in to this diet I know I can do it lol. Everyone seems to be doing so well in slimming world, Im not using any excuses now Im going to do it. I dont speak French just a few worlds but im understnading a lot more. Im in Beaune near Dijon.

Hello Everyone,

So glad I have just found this thread. I live in Chamonix in the French Alpes and have been here for 2 years now (and put on 2 stone). I have just yesterday started SW. Mum did it when I was younger and lost a lot of weight on it so I know it works. I am currently thinking of the trouble I'm going to have finding a few of the things but we do have a mini godsend that some of you might benefit from. There is a company called La Maison Shopping Services which allow you to have a UK grocery online shop delivered to them and they deliver over to France the next day. I don't think they do all regions but it's worth a look on their website. I used them recently and stocked up on a few staples (fry light, baked beans, tinned tuna (its very expensive here and was on offer in UK)). They charge 20% of your delivery so you have to work out if it's worth it but for me it was.

Now a question for you all... I love love love Caesar dressing on my salad but it is just way not worthy of 5 sins per 20ml every day and I love salad for lunch in summer so does anyone have any tips for low syn/calorie salad dressings that are readily available in Intermarche or Carrefour or SuperU as those are the only supermarkets near me?

Hope everyone is having a good start to spring :) and I look forward to getting to know you all a bit better!

Chamcat, you should be able to get tuna in your local supermarket - I get Connetable thon peche a la ligne. The only thing I have to bring from GB is Frylight. I have found everything else. Best of luck and ask if you're looking for something specific.

Hi all, can anyone tell me what the Danone Taillefine Fromage Blanc 0% fat are syns wise?? I have tried to see whether they compare to Muller lights (which I can't find here) and the nutritional info is pretty much the same except the Taillefine has more protein in.........thanks ladies :wave_cry:

Hi all, can anyone tell me what the Danone Taillefine Fromage Blanc 0% fat are syns wise?? I have tried to see whether they compare to Muller lights (which I can't find here) and the nutritional info is pretty much the same except the Taillefine has more protein in.........thanks ladies :wave_cry:

I always assume it to be 0 syns.

I've just got back from my annual holiday in your beautiful country - 5lb gain at weigh in last night but totally expected! First morning I had fruit for breakfast and yoghurt (though it was one of those tiny Gervais Petit Suisse ones that I have to have the full fat version of as it reminds me of my childhood French holidays!). Well I nearly started polishing my halo but after that breakfast was usually a pain au chocolat AND a criossant (though with no butter on)

Back on track now though and I enjoyed every single one of those five pounds

I've just got back from my annual holiday in your beautiful country - 5lb gain at weigh in last night but totally expected! First morning I had fruit for breakfast and yoghurt (though it was one of those tiny Gervais Petit Suisse ones that I have to have the full fat version of as it reminds me of my childhood French holidays!). Well I nearly started polishing my halo but after that breakfast was usually a pain au chocolat AND a criossant (though with no butter on)

Back on track now though and I enjoyed every single one of those five pounds

Hey Jen, where were you? I also 'went' to France on holiday - and had croissant every day for 2 weeks! 7.5 pounds on..... Loved it though.

A few minutes outside of Sarlat, Dordogne. Just in the process of booking next years - 3 families going together instead of our normal 2 - its gonna be a fab one!!!

Where were you?

A few minutes outside of Sarlat, Dordogne. Just in the process of booking next years - 3 families going together instead of our normal 2 - its gonna be a fab one!!!

Where were you?

Sounds nice! We were slightly higher than that - in the Charente Maritime region on the coast. Interested in the Dordogne for the future though.

Just returned from a fab week in our favourite little village in Brittany and oooopppsss!......6 pounds on.
Absolutely love those almond croissants with the almond paste in the middle.
Amazing weather too !!

Hi :D :sign0144:
I hope you don't mind me jumping on your thread. I'm Vicky and I live in Paris. I've been trying (and failing) at SW since Summer and am now at my heaviest i've EVER been (oh the shame) . So here I am starting afresh with an aim to get as close to my target as humanly possible before my Birthday in July. I'd like to lose about 40lb, 30lb would do but 40lb would be perfect for my height.

How are you all finding slimming in France, where I live there appears to be no fat people whatsoever and here I am busting out of my jeans eeek. Are you all online members or just doing the plan using the net? Anyway, hope you are all well and as for me I am going to crack it this time so here's to a new me, no croissants, no wine and no gouter!!!!!!

Vicky x

Hi Vicky!

I'm new too and also living in Paris!

As you can see by my stats I am DEF not one of the skinny Parisiens! I'm not an online member but I do have the books from when I did it before moving to France in 2008 (lost 2 stones then as soon as I put my toe in Paris put it aaaaalllll back on and a stone more!

Nice to see I'm not the only one in Paris!

Sophie x

Back