1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Fran's Diary

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Weight Loss Diary' started by JediFran, 14 January 2010 Social URL.

1. JediFran

JediFran Member

My name is Fran and I'm a Medical Student from the West Midlands :) Due to qualify as a Dr in less than 18 months now (Can't wait!!).

Am joining as I finally want to shift those extra pounds. Am fed up of feeling like a hypocrit when I talk to patients and tell them to loose weight whilst I tuck into a chocolate bar :p Unfortunately, doing on-call shifts make you pick up some bad eating habits as you look for quick sugar fixes wherever you can.

Started SW two weeks ago now with my OH and I have so far lost 5lbs :) Am back at the gym again 3-5times a week depending on work and finding it really surprisingly easy :)

Although I do eat a concerning number of Mueller Light Yogs and fruit :p (have gone through 3 bags of pears in the last 2 weeks...)

My start weight was 13stone 5.8lbs. Am now done to 13stone 0.8lbs. Am looking to get down to 11stone 4 as my initial goal :)

Anyway, nice to meet you all! look forward to getting involved in the community!

Fran x
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. OzzieMoz

OzzieMoz Keep on Truckin'

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Good luck with the SW plan - you've got off to a great start!! No disrespect intended to other diets but I do think SW is one of the best in respect of long-term healthy eating.

The point you make about not wishing to seem hypocritical when you qualify as a doc, reminded me of the doctor I had when I was very young, many many many moons ago. He was a heavy smoker and used to sit in his tiny consulting room absolutely filled with cigarette smoke with a ciggie hanging out the corner of his mouth, I do wonder if he used to advise people to stop smoking! :rotflmao:
  4. JediFran

JediFran Member

I absolutely agree on the healthy eating change :) instead of reaching for a chocolate bar or biscuit now I go straight for the fruit! And that's after just two weeks :) Have tried lots of other diets before, but having the freedom to decide HOW MUCH of something I want to eat is great.

That doc of yours sounds like proper old school ;) lol. brilliant.
  5. JediFran

JediFran Member

Another 2lbs off this week which is nice :)

Had a bad night on Saturday though... went to a Bday party and had way too much wine :( however, I stuck to chicken and salad for food and as I never use my syns during the week I managed to loose weight anyway :)

Am aiming to go to the gym again tomorrow. Having a stressful time at Uni at the moment, what with exams coming up etc. Am finding SW is really helping though, as at least I feel I have control over something :)

Right, off to bed now. Long day tomorrow!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.