Free Food and Shopping

i guys,

as some of you will know I email my food diaries to my C so she can check them over for me. She says I am doing well but has pointed after reading Wednesday's diary that I should go for more free/ super free foods.

This was my diary for yesterday...

Red day

Brekkie and all snacks until lunch: Fresh Pineapple, 2 apples, 2 bananas, 1 Muller light Yoghurt (on special at Tesco, 6 pack for £3)

Late lunch: Peppered Mackerel (1.0 syn per 28g. I had 56g so 2.0 syns), 2 scrambled eggs, grilled tomatoes and 1 Morrison's Eat Smart sausage (0.5 syns).

Dinner: Two small chicken breast stuffed with Extra Light Soft Cheese, cracked black pepper and garlic. Served with carrots and broccoli 113g Marrowfat Peas (HE B)

Chocolate digestive 4.0 syns
Cookie 2.0 syns

Total syns 9.5

So, far this SW lark has actually cost me a small fortune!:8855: I eat more now than I did when I was eating junk and my OH is losing the plot with my constant shopping for food that I can eat in abundance. How much free etc. do you eat?

Do you think my diet looks OK? She says I will loose this way but it will be much slower.

Also, I thought that as I am mixing my days (red, green, extra easy) that it would all balance out. I tend to have more completely free meals on EE and Green.

i know what you mean about cost,
its not cheap to eat healthy............

That looks fine to me :-/ You have plenty of free foods in there and plenty of veg. off hand not sure what superfree foods are, but do know some fruit is, so maybe you could snack on some superfree fruit?

And all your syns look ok

ive just been to asda and spent £20 for the 100th time this month!
Menus look good, i think it will balance itself out.

ive just been to asda and spent £20 for the 100th time this month!
Menus look good, i think it will balance itself out.

Yes I am like that!! My favourite pass time at the moment is planning meals, snacks, new recipes..anything about food!

I definitely eat more now..! Red days are expensive. Green days are much cheaper for me. Pasta, baked beans, rice etc.

I started back on red/green days after weeks of frustration on EE. My weight loss had slowed right down as I wasn’t eating enough superfree foods. I am not a great lover of fruit. I enjoy vegetables, but not with my branflakes!

Thanks guys.

Red days are VERY expensive. I don't have that many of them. Green days are far cheaper and I would stick with them but I think mixing it up will do me much better. x

Tesco always have good deals on meat for 3 for £10.00 I usually stock up on that and bung it in the freezer if I don't need it that week. I do find that helps with food costs, as i'll usually do the 3 red days and have 4 green days to mix it up a bit.

I found I spend more money since I'm on Slimming world too. In general, junk food is always cheaper than fresh food. We buy our meat in bulk at costco and do most of the shopping in lidl or aldi (great for ham slices and cheese!).

Erm, not sure the point in paying for class and having your C check your diaries each day if you don't trust her recommendations, and are going to question it on here? Not sure if anyone here has had the fantastic training the C's get, and if you don't trust what she's telling you, I'd change group and get the value for money that you deserve.

As for the cost of SW, my DH wonders why our shopping costs so much when I say almost every item we buy is 'free'! lol

Back