free food??

mumpy

my cdc says that you can have lettuce and mushrooms, light balsamic vinegar all part of ss, as their free foods doesnt say so in the booklet. She says she's learnt that from experience as a cdc, is anyone doing this? how's it going, has affected any losses?

I'd be careful - if you start to see some foods as free, you may start arguing that others are almost free too... it sounds like this would encourage you to 'pick' and 'cheat'? I think is you are SS the whole point is no food & taking food out of the picture is part of the whole point of it... you can learn from it & use the 'break' to work out why you are overweight in the first place. I know that if I 'cheated' on a regular basis I'd never have sustained CD this far or lost the weight I have... it'd have been the start of the slippery slope for me!
xx

These would be allowed on SS+, but not on SS. SS is sole source..absolutely no conventional food. That's the idea.

It sounds like she's recommending SS+ without the protein. Sort of SS plus a little of SS+.

(Oh, except balsamic vinegar, though allowed at one time, is not allowed any more on SS+)

As far as weight and ketosis is concerned, it's unlikely to do you any harm. Psychologically it can if you want to take food out of the equation for a while though.

So it's up to you, but usually people chose SS or SS+ if they want to do a VLCD. Both brilliant plans, but best to know which one you are doing rather than allow 'free' foods (which don't exist on the plan), which can lead to other things.

Back