Free ice cream!

M and M

Slice & freeze some ripe bananas overnight, process or blend when solid, this will take about 5 mins, scraping down the sides with a spatula. You can add a dash of fresh lime juice & a few frozen raspberries or strawberries near the end, serve on a zero point Askeys wafer cone!

Oh wow, that sounds yummy, will deffo give that a try :)

Donna hay did a recipe with frozen mango and banana blended with natural yogurt. I will try it tomorrow.

I make it every few days, so nice. Just make as much as you will use at a time, the bananas will keep fine in the freezer. Pulse with the blender first, you will need to stop several times and scrape down the sides. Slice the bananas instead of chopping and they will keep their colour. I would put up pic but I can't seem to have that option on my phone : ~(

I'm always shocked at how nice it is when I make it again! I don't have enough posts to put up a pic of it though so will do that when I 'qualify' :)

I'm gonna do this today, have my bananas sliced up and freezing right now lol.

Good stuff! Just make sure that they are really frozen hard, I usually leave them overnight. And the lime juice is lovely in it. Don't worry if it looks weird after a min, it changes totally by the end. Let me know how it turns out! :)

Yeah I put them in this morning so that they'd hopefully be done for tonight, I love a wee snack in the evening and that would a great 0pp snack!! I'll let ya know, do you need to put the lime juice in for it to work yeah? Do you pp your lime juice or is it just a splash you put in? (sorry for the Q's)

Glad to help! I process the bananas alone at first until it looks like clean sand, then add the juice of half a lime and a few frozen raspberries and process again until it turns creamy. You don't need anything except the bananas but I found the lime softens the strong banana taste, so totally your own preference

Ta da! Can now post pics, so here's s pic of my recent cone, RIP

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110825_191328.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110825_191328.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 466
  • ForumRunner_20110825_191404.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110825_191404.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 405
Bought my lime in the shop... I forgot the frickin wafers lol!! X

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

The limes not essential, it just improves the taste. As for how many bananas, I just freeze a few at a time, once they are ripe and frozen hard, it should work fine. It's prob about one banana, depending on size, but it's hard to make just one scoop as you will have to keep stopping to cover the blades anyway, but even more so with a tiny amount

Might put a lil chopped choccie in ;)

Oh my god. I just made this. Amazing! Feels like you're eating ice cream! I put a piece of chopped choccie in and that made it super scrummy heehee :D xx

Back