free ready meals on a red day

ickleladynat

Does anyone know of any free ready meals on a red day?

I'm starving. I don't think my sandwich will fill me!! lol x

red days suck 4 that dont they!! i always find my self hungry on red days!! i dont know of any, no.. yesterday i gorged myself on a half a roast cooked hot chicken from tescos last night, that seemed to shut me up 4 a bit lol!!! x x will keep my eye on this thread x sorry coulnt help more x

Red days are my favorite. I buy some sliced chicken breasts from Tesco and eat them with cucumber and some extra light mayo.

A lot of the chicken "go cook" ranges are free or low in syns. You can have these with a HEXB of jacket spud or jacket wedges and veggies.

Last night I had chicken curry. Tonight I am having a Keema curry (minced beef). I also have homemade chicken kebabs, sweet and sour chicken, mixed grills, crab sticks to snack on. I also have chicken covered with BBQ sauce, HEXA cheese, and bacon.

Most recipes can be tailored to SW so check out www.bbc.co.uk/food and look at some meat recipes to give you some ideas.

Hope this helps!

Our consultant was saying that the meat from the hot counters in supermarkets (specifically the chicken as it was asked about) are synned. They baste with fat and add something to the skin to get that roasted flavour. I know we don't eat the chicken skin but apparently the way it's cooked means it's not free. Has anyone else heard this?
**If it's not true I'm off to Morrisons after work, I'm on a red day and I could eat my arm (which technically would be syn free lol).**

Our consultant was saying that the meat from the hot counters in supermarkets (specifically the chicken as it was asked about) are synned. They baste with fat and add something to the skin to get that roasted flavour. I know we don't eat the chicken skin but apparently the way it's cooked means it's not free. Has anyone else heard this?
**If it's not true I'm off to Morrisons after work, I'm on a red day and I could eat my arm (which technically would be syn free lol).**

My consultant said the chickens are free. She even recommended them and said she sometimes eats a whole one during the day. I have always bought them and my losses are good (accept when I have been offplan!)

Fridge raiders by Mattessons are nice too. The roast chicken are 2.5 syns and the Tikka are 1.5 syns. Great for a munchie attack!

Oooo thats for all the help. I will def be getting a roast chicken from tesco!! I always get so hungry on a red day. I think I should start taking a full cow into work to snack on. ha ha x

Oooo thats for all the help. I will def be getting a roast chicken from tesco!! I always get so hungry on a red day. I think I should start taking a full cow into work to snack on. ha ha x

Those seafood sticks are good for the nibbles (if you like them) on a red day too and they are free. Also if you know you are having a red day next day the night before make a SW quiche and add bacon, quorn sausage or what ever meat you want, and stick it in the fridge so its there to snack on.

Our consultant was saying that the meat from the hot counters in supermarkets (specifically the chicken as it was asked about) are synned.

I find that really interesting, as i was told they were free as well, but maybe it's something to look out for, what about cold cooked chicken, still the same rules apply?

Hot & Spicy skewers (or kebabs) from the Co-Op are really nice but a bit pricey, they are 4 for £2.99 (which I think is quite a lot).

Back