free snack food / low syns

Jess<3

Journey to 10 stone loss
hi everyone, just needing help with snack foods.

when im peckish im fedup of fruit and seafood sticks. Is there anything else preferably free foods to snack on? or quick an easy to make for snacks?

thanks all xx

Are you following the Extra Easy plan? If so, the following are all FREE:

- Spicy Tomato, Tomato & Herb, Sweet & Sour, or Chicken flavour MugShots

- Batchelors Pasta n Sauce made up with water in Tomato Onion & Herb, Bolognese, Chicken & Mushroom, Chicken & Roasted Garlic, Creamy Tikka Masala or Mushroom & Wine.

- Batchelors Savoury Rice - all flavours.

- Low Fat Supernoodles.

- Lean ham, rolled up with pease pudding in the middle.

- Make your own hummus with chick peas and garlic, and eat with carrots, peppers, celery, etc.

- Chicken breast, with skin removed

Etc, etc..
If you do a quick search, you will find loads and loads of similar threads with lots of suggestions. Hope this helps xx

Yes it helps thanks. How do you make own humous? X

I thought nuts were high in syns?

Fresh Lemon juice
Tin of chick peas
Garlic granules
Low fat fromage frais ( less than 1% fat)
Salt and pepper to taste
If consistency to thick add a little cold water
Mix all ingredient together

You could add different thinks:
Chopped spring onions
Peppers

Anything really!
Hope this helps x

Thank you! Will try this tomorrow :)

As a general rule of thumb, my consultant says if you feel the need to snack between meals, you probably aren't eating enough for your meals- maybe worth looking at?

Good thinking, maybe I need a little more in my meals,,,,?

I tried the humous, it wasnt nice for my tasting until I added a red pepper then it was lovely!

I think someone did a few pages back Erm x

:confused: There's only one page in this thread. I've done a search and the first time nuts appears is the "I thought buts were high in syns" bit.

You aren't only one! I distinctly remember reading a posy from someone on this saying nut were good for snacking! At the time i just thought it was a WW who had stumbled onto the wrong forum! Now its disappeared & i look like a mentalist!

You aren't only one! I distinctly remember reading a posy from someone on this saying nut were good for snacking! At the time i just thought it was a WW who had stumbled onto the wrong forum! Now its disappeared & i look like a mentalist!

:D You sound like one with that predictive text on :8855: Ah someone must have done the mysterious-posty-deletion thang again :rolleyes:

kingleds said:

I saw it too, you're not alone!

banban1977 said:
I can't find Batchelor's Chicken Tikka pasta or Chicken and Garlic pasta anywhere :(

Best way is order online? X

Back