Freezer Eat Down!

Hubby came in from getting the cars out earlier in the week telling me really excitedly about the Chris Evans "Freezer Eat Down", and suggested that we try it, as there is no room for a fly in our freezer, and as soon as there is a space it is filled:eek:

Like for example, there are four lots of meat for main meals in the fridge at the moment, which are dated Monday, and as me and the eldest are out tonight, so only a ready made curry for the other two, I can only use to lots over the weekend, thus needing to either put two lots in the space for a fly in my own freezer, or extend my stock in my Mother's freezer...seven doors away!

I enjoyed the Frugal February challenge, and changed the way a shopped big time, but I do buy way too much meat, as if it is looking good, I buy it, in case we have a seige or similar, and I can't get any to feed the tribe :8855:

So, going to join this challenge, but of course will still have to buy certain things, like peas and magnums, but will attempt the "Freezer Eat Down!"

Only worrying thing is, how long will it take to eat it?

Well I am so glad that I am not alone in stockpiling the food for 'The Seige!', as my Hubby blames my excessive shopping on my Mother, who is, if it could almost be possible, worse than me!....Only her and my Dad living there, a larder fridge bigger than mine, and two freezers!:eek:

Going to have to give it a go, and like you, with the exception of fresh produce, and the things that get eaten up really quickly, the aforementioned Peas and Magnums, it could last for weeks.

And of course with the eldest carnivore moving out in a few weeks, I really do need to use up large joints and things for four people!:eek:

Brilliant list Emsie, must have taken you ages!

I won't attempt a list, as the freezer is so full, and everything sort of fits together, as most of it is meat frozen in freezer bags, and of course makes a funny shape when squashed in a small space, so wouldn't fit back in if I emptied it all out:eek:

But the good news is that I didn't buy anything to go in there when I went shopping yesterday, but had to put a pork loin joint in my Mother's freezer that we wouldn't have the opportunity to eat over the weekend.

Today's freezer eat down has consisted of 2 Birds Eye southern fried porions and 3 Magnus, but they will have to be repaced, becaause my daughter is struggling to eat since her oral surgery and upper brace being fitted.

Yesterday Freezer usage for me was 3 x Magnums and 2 x Birds Eye Southern Fried Chicken filletts, all eaten by my Daughter, but not going to make an impact on the "Freezer Eat Down" as the Magnums will have to be replaced, as she has become totally addicted to them since her oral surgery, and has been also struggling with food since having her Brace fitted this week.

Yesterday's Freezer Eat Down was 3 x Magnums, Peas (both will have to be replaced), and a bag of Young's wholetail scampi, which I cooked for the dog as it was BBE April 2011:eek:

And whilst I was rummaging in one of the drawers for something to feed the dog ;), as I know there are quite a few things that we won't want to eat, so, doggie gets a treat, I found a massive 1.7kg Tesco Finest Top Rump Joint of Beef, which is just the cut that my Son has been asking me to keep an eye out for, as he fancies having a go at a recipe that he has found for it to be cooked on the BBQ in Dijonnaise mustard.....So, it is out defrosting ready for dinner this evening:D

Today's Freezer Eat Down items are defrosting ...... Three Chicken Breasts for curry for me, hubby and daughter, and two pork chops for son.:)

And with the exception of Peas and Magnums, which I had to replace, I bought nothing to go in there when I was shopping yesterday morning.

Way to go Jaylou!

But, it will take me a few week, or months, depending on what we eat!

Oh dear!.... I can't even blame my full freezer on not knowing what is in there, as everything is clearly labelled!

Update on my Freezer Eat Down - Went shopping yesterday morning, and didn't buy anything to freeze, but haven't used anything from "The Tardis" either, so, not making much edgeway!

Not again Emsie, as I am making Chicken Jamboree for dinner this evening, and it uses skinless chicken thighs, and I don't freeze chicken with bones in, as the meat tends to go dark around the bone, and none of us like that, so had to buy fresh ones yesterday.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/251494-chicken-jamboree.html

It wouldn't surprise me if I was still doing the Freezer Eat Down, this time next year!

I was feeling a bit guilty about not using anything up from the freezer for the last two days, so had a little rummage, and found a bag of Tesco Finest Jumbo King Prawns, so they are defrosting ready for my lunch:)

Whilst I might not be using much out of the Freezer, I went shopping this morning, and again, only replaced the peas and Magnums:)

Well managed another shopping morning without buying anything to go in the Tardis!

Well mine is still bursting at the seems, but I am defrosting some chicken breasts for dinner this evening.

You naughty girl Kally!;)

But, I too have a confession.........In addition to the regular replacement of Magnums and Peas, I bought a box of Birds Eye Harry Ramsden battered haddock yesterday, ate two for lunch with peas and salad, but of course had to put the other two in the freezer!....................And, after eating the two, found that they were 12 syns each!....Not a good choice, plus two more to eat:eek:

This is a good day for me on the 'Freezer Eat Down'!.......Three chicken Breasts and half a pack of Discovery tortillas are defrosting for tonights Dinner.....Fajitas :drool:................And a quarter of chicken, that came from MIL's freezer for the dog!:doggy:

:wow: I've been shopping this morning, and didn't buy a morsel to go in the Tardis, not even peas or magnums!:wow:

I'm loving it, and so glad that you started it!......Mind you, I will still be posting come doomsday, by the time I empty my Tardis:eek:

4 X Sirloin Steaks out of the Tardis for our dinner tonight:)

:wow: Big hole made in one of the drawers today!....As there is a 2kg Joint of Beef (Silverside) defrosting :wow:

Right, update on my "Freezer Eat Down".......

4 x Ribeye Steaks eaten on Saturday evening

3lb Pork Loin Joint eaten on Sunday

Nothing since, but then, nothing gained to the contents either!;)

Two chicken breasts and extra lean minced beef out defrosting, ready for dinner this evening.

A shoulder of lamb is defrosting for tonights dinner - Jamies slow roasted shoulder of lamb :drool:

Ooops!

Forgot about the 'Freezer Eat Down' and bought some things to go in there yesterday.:eek:

ditto!

I even had to take some of it to my Mum's;)

Well done Emsie!

And yes, I know, I am a lost cause of the Freezer Eat Down!

Don't like to even say it, but mine still hasn't been reduced by any serious amount!:eek:

Oh dear, almost a year ago, and I still haven't completed the "Freezer Eat Down"

I REALLY need to do this. I have a mini chest freezer and one under my fridge and there is only me and both are full!!

Just cant resist a yellow 'whoops' label

Thanks for the inspiration

Back