Freezing galettes - possible or not?

robinhood

Gold Member
Has anyone frozen their galettes? Now I have an empty-ish freezer, I'll batch cook/prepare stuff to make life easier. Would be good if I could freeze the galettes, as would cut down on the morning rush when everyone wants fed at the same time!

Also, can children eat these (although made with sugar and normal fromage blanc)? My two eldest have been pestering me for some!

I cook mine on a sunday an they keep in fridge covered seperately in clingfilm for 5 days but dukan says you can freeze. and yes the kids can have them :D I think dukan actually came across the idea as he had no flour and wanted to make a pancake for his daughter!

Thanks, that's good to know. If I have the freezer well stocked with 'good' stuff, then I won't ever be tempted and it will make breakfasts easier if the galettes are already made.

The kids will be pleased too:).

My lot have had them and the muffins and they love them and you know how fussy my kids are Laura so if mine will id get tha pan out

I always freeze my muffins. I wouldn't personally give them to children though because of the potential laxative effect...

mine only tried one each as they were hassling me ...ive been reading up on children on the dukan diet and my 10 yr old could be on it too soon he has a real problem wth carbs even to the point that he was tested for celiacs a few weeks back the dr has said its not but to try and get him off the carbs so much
I didnt think about the laxative effect as that wouldnt work for me and I take meds for that problem !!!
Im sure one a week wont hurt though keep them regular

I always freeze my muffins. I wouldn't personally give them to children though because of the potential laxative effect...

Oops, never thought of that - thanks, Joanne. Mine need no help in that department (quite the opposite) so they'll have to do without and have normal pancakes (the hardship!)

Back